Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

More Star Wars coming to the parks

With the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and American Idol Experience closing January 2015 for possibly a Star Wars Land in Hollywood Studios, do you think we will start hearing an announcement for more Star Wars attractions at Disneyland.

BREAKING: Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Confirmed To Close At The End Of 2014 | PopWrapped

Re: More Star Wars coming to the parks

more SW the better

The Indy space could contain a huge E ticket.

•   
    • Minion

For DHS they could use those two areas for SW for sure that would be awesome.

• Heavy Breather

That would leave TGMR as the only Indy rep in Orlando. Did Disney just forget that they own Indiana Jones as well? Come on, don't just make Star Wars Land (though that may be the main focus) make it a Lucas Lot. Have Star Wars be the main thing and then have an Indy sub land with a new IJ E-ticket. It doesn't have to be a clone of the Disneyland attraction, a new story Nd ride system would make it unique to WDW.

I absolutely worship Star Wars (to a point), but why does Disney keep forgetting about Indiana Jones? Those movies are just as important to me as Star Wars is, as I'm sure they are to a lot of people.

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    That would leave TGMR as the only Indy rep in Orlando. Did Disney just forget that they own Indiana Jones as well? Come on, don't just make Star Wars Land (though that may be the main focus) make it a Lucas Lot. Have Star Wars be the main thing and then have an Indy sub land with a new IJ E-ticket. It doesn't have to be a clone of the Disneyland attraction, a new story Nd ride system would make it unique to WDW.

I absolutely worship Star Wars (to a point), but why does Disney keep forgetting about Indiana Jones? Those movies are just as important to me as Star Wars is, as I'm sure they are to a lot of people.
    I'd love them to move something Indy over into Animal Kingdom. Bring over the mine cart coaster from Paris for example.

• Heavy Breather

The mine train wouldn't be a bad idea, but I would rather have something unique to WDW. Different Indys' for different parks. AK wouldn't be a terrible choice to place an Indy attraction, however I think the property feels more at home at DHS.

• Not the Hawkguy

Yeah, I think Indy could work at both, and I only lean towards moving him to AK mostly so that park can have more things.

IMO Indy definitely deserves a standalone attraction at DHS. I'd live a new version of Disneylands ride with a new theme (like they did in Japan) or how about a boat ride, that's something the studios needs

I would expect more Star Wars to Disneyland once the movie comes out. I would also like to see them add something to DCA as well. Nothing much, just 1 attraction or meet & greet would be plenty.

How would Indy fit in at AK? Other than the Jungle environment. They need to clear the land and us it so they can plan for future expantion. Space shouldnt be a problem at WDW but they always seem to block themselves in

Star Wars Land, or mini-land, is coming to DHS, so what is coming to DLR? It doesn't fit with the Cal theme of DCA, so anything will probably be at DLR. Star Tours is at DLR, so it would probably be around there. The problem is that Star Tours is in Tomorrowland and that land isn't leaving. Also, everyone got upset when they put a movie themed land into HKDL, so people would get even more upset if it happened at DL. So, I doubt much will happen at DL.

...don't just make Star Wars Land (though that may be the main focus) make it a Lucas Lot. Have Star Wars be the main thing and then have an Indy sub land with a new IJ E-ticket. It doesn't have to be a clone of the Disneyland attraction, a new story Nd ride system would make it unique to WDW.
    GREAT ideas Vader. I think a new Indy ride with a new story and new ride tech would be hella awesome. Maybe they're saving it for the 3rd gate in Anaheim though?

• FastPass+ Expert

Did Disney just forget that they own Indiana Jones as well? Come on, don't just make Star Wars Land (though that may be the main focus) make it a Lucas Lot.

I hate this idea. With new 3 movies set to come out, SW needs as much land in it's 'land' that it can get. Plus, as in pans me to say it, Indy is outdated and the last installment turned the franchise into a joke. In 5 years, kids won't know who IJ is but they will definitely know SW. SW will be everywhere. A land set in SW universe would be such a current land that it would make WWoHP look outdated. I say, for this reason, remove Indy and make way for SWL.

P.S. If you love Indy so much, then go to DL. Let it be one of those park exclusive things. Maybe demolish the swings on PP at DCA and build an updated Indy SS theater there.

• Future Imagineer

How about a different version of the Indiana Jones Adventure coming to adventureland inbetween Pirates and Splash? With a little bit of shifting the parade route, it could in theory work in that space.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast