Magic Kingdom Projects for the next 5 years

According to Hatetofly's twitter, Magic Kingdom is going to have Frozen replace Maelstrom in 2015 with construction starting in January. A new Soarin video in 2016. Avatar Land in 2017, and Star Wars Land in 2019.
    What are your thoughts on what may be coming to Magic Kingdom in the next 5 years?

Re: Magic Kingdom Projects for the next 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerfan3224 View Post
    According to Hatetofly's twitter, Magic Kingdom is going to have Frozen replace Maelstrom in 2015 with construction starting in January. A new Soarin video in 2016. Avatar Land in 2017, and Star Wars Land in 2019.
    What are your thoughts on what may be coming to Magic Kingdom in the next 5 years?
    None of these things are coming to MK. Maelstrom and Soarin are in Epcot, Avatar is going into AK, and Star Wars is going into DHS. After the Fantasyland Expansion I don't see MK getting anything major for a while.

As for the dates HTF has provided they seam reasonable. Avatar has already been announced for 2017 so no question there. If the Frozen overlay of Maelstrom is really happening I would definitely see them doing that sooner then later. New Soarin video is pretty much a given based on what we have heard recently, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that in 2015. SW Land is the big wildcard. It's pretty clear that they are going to do something more with SW in DHS, but the question is, what and when.

First off, none of the projects you mentioned are at MK. Avatar is at DAK, Soarin and Maelstrom are at EPCOT, and SWL is at DHS.

As for the projects, some are speculations, while others are facts. Avatar Land will open in 2017 at DAK, as Disney has announced this before. Soarin' is getting a new video where riders go around the world, not just Cal in 2016. SWL is happening at DHS, but most sites say that the land should be complete by 2018. The whole Maelstrom and Frozen topic is, in my opinion, not true, but it is about 50/50 of the amount of people who believe it vs. people who don't believe it.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

The poster obviously meant WDW when referring to the "Magic Kingdom" projects people.

I'm down for all the projects coming soon. Soarin' Around the World just needs to come out already. The transition and debut of these attractions shouldn't take years to install. Maybe a few months at best I hope.

Getting rid of Maelstrom would be sad but Frozen really should go to Magic Kingdom. Norway is so small and tiny that the huge crowds and bottleneck areas of that pavilion wouldn't help World Showcase AT ALL.

I'm still all for Pandora: The Land of Avatar to come out. Been on board with ZERO issues with the project from day one. Will be there opening weekend, no doubt about it.

As for Star Wars land, whether it be one attraction or a few or even a land, as long as they don't devote a whole theme park to Star Wars. To me it'd be the same as giving a whole theme park exclusively to Pixar films. It's not needed.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com