• stitch'sgreatescape101

Toontown fair should it be remodeled

Well you can see that Disneyland's Toontown it is much better than the one here. If the close Toontown Fair and replace the hall of fame and judge's tent with Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. And shop a restuart and chip and dale's tree house they could also have jolly trolley somewhere in Toontown.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I think that we should leave toonTown the same. I don't believe that each theme park should just keep moprhing into where all of the parks are the same. I think that that would give Disney Ztheme parks an identity crisis. I do think that toontown need to be refurbed, but other than that, don't change it up. It is too much like DL's now anyway.
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

I think Toontown Faire, or Toontown Poore as I like to call it, needs to be bulldozed for a fully realized land.

Remember, it was built in about four months for Mickey's 60th B-Day in 1988 and only meant to be temporary. Though it's been reworked since then a few times, the basic infrastructure remains of a temporary nature.

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

I'm with you in thinking that the MKs don't all need to match, Kyle, BUT I also have NO use whatsoever for Toontown at WDW... oh, other than the fact that I can disembark the train there and then a hop, skip, and a jump later, be at the hub or Tomorrowland.
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• Banned User

Toon Town Fair is quite popular.. You shouldn't remodel it yet....

Wait one more year then remodel half the area. then the other half... (add a ride to one half..)

Heck the train station was recently rebuilt.... It is not permanent and not rusting apart....

A lot of things are popular ... Taco Bell, Olive Garden, Wal-Mart, reality TV, FOX News ... doesn't make them worthy of attention either. Bulldoze it, I say.

• Minion

There is land, they should rework it and expand it. It's too cramped and not enough to do. I would rather see the upcoming Winnie the Pooh playground moved from Fantasyland into Toontown, where it would be more appropriate in my opinion.

• Minion FOREVER!

Here, here! They really need to revamp MTTF. Maybe "Mickey's Vacationland"
    or something like that since MK needs a major meet&greet. But definitely Not
    make it a dup of DL's TT.

• Been there-Doing it again

I've always thought that Toontown looked like it was done on the cheap and as an afterthought. I think the concept is a good idea but they need to do it right. I also don't think it should be a reproduction of one that has already been done in another park. I can understand why some rides are basically reproductions but there is no need for that here.

It was done on the cheap and as an afterthought. Michael Eisner created it in 1988 for Mickey's 60th B-Day as a place where folks could always meet Mickey and get their picture taken with him. It was only meant to be there for a year. That's why the buildings are all of the temporary variety. The land could be removed in a few days.
    And if there's one thing WDW doesn't need more of, it's character meet-and-greets.

• VBdad55
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    A lot of things are popular ... Taco Bell, Olive Garden, Wal-Mart, reality TV, FOX News ... doesn't make them worthy of attention either. Bulldoze it, I say.

My fear here is that they would bulldoze it right into 'yesterland' along with 20,000 leagues -- man think of the size of that 'meet n' greet' space.....I like the idea of having a 'kids land' so to speak or something geared towards the cartoons.......why not a House of Mouse themed land.......with a Silly Symphonies section for us older crew ?

MK is not the space but until we added Dish Network recently to our house....( didnt have cable as I refused for a while to pay to watch my own TV -- and we just weren't home enough to justify) -- and with my soon to be 11 year old I never realized just how popular the shows in the Disney Channels are with that age group......................Disney is really missing the boat by not playing to these shows more at the Studios ( not like they don;t have the room to do it) --Nickelodeon really goes after this crowd of kids yet Disney seems to be slow onthe trigger to add attaractions based on the shows there in the former studio part of the studios.....by the time they react, like with Doug-- the show is gone !

Quote Originally Posted by stitch'sgreatescape101
    Well you can see that Disneyland's Toontown it is much better than the one here. If the close Toontown Fair and replace the hall of fame and judge's tent with Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. And shop a restuart and chip and dale's tree house they could also have jolly trolley somewhere in Toontown.
    they could/should build a bit different style toontown

perhaps a Bonkers ride as opposed to Roger Rabbit

My opinion is that they should keep the name "Mickey's Toontown Fair" but they should remodel and expand it. They should also make it more of a fair, like add some fair/carnival rides with a disney twist. Possibly much like the rides in Paradise Pier. That is my opinion.

My DD would be very upset if they just bulldozed Mickey and Minnie's houses. I like the idea of expansion with a new ride added.