Is the Mickey Halloween Party worth it? I have the option of going Sept. 1...

And not sure if it would be worth the $60 for me... Part of me thinks it's a waste of money, but the other part wants to see the villains...
    WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003, 2014
    Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2014

"Mustard... Yes, but MUSTARD?! Don't let's be silly!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I heard somewhere that there are 999 dead people living in The Haunted Mansion........

Re: Is the Mickey Halloween Party worth it? I have the option of going Sept. 1...

I did it once, had a great time. Went with a bunch of friends and we all dressed up. We had a blast. I would go again in a few years, but not every year. If you've never been to one, yeah, id check it out.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Is the Mickey Halloween Party worth it? I have the option of going Sept. 1...

Don't go on a day where you use a day off a multiday ticket. Instead. Arrive at the party early, and just use your party ticket as your entrance into the park. Spend the earlier part of your day on other activities other than touring a park. That way, the 60 dollars/ticket cost does not seem exorbitant.

Jumping in to ask since I've never been, but are the rides packed? And if so, when would be the less busiest time to go? Not by time, but I mean days.

I have enough days on my ticket to go to a park that day

I heard somewhere that there are 999 dead people living in The Haunted Mansion........

We went one year and had a blast! They have "Trick or Treat" stations to get candy for kids of all ages. The fireworks show is different. The headless horseman shows up, and it is no where near as crowded as it is in the day time. Peter Pan was only about 15 minute wait.

Name:  costumecrew_zpsbec0a252.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  228.0 KB

The lines for Space Mountain and sometimes the Haunted Mansion can get rather long. Usually September parties are quieter than October ones EXCEPT the first couple because pin collectors want the limited edition merchandise. However most people focus on the special event party stuff and the meet and greets rather than the rides during party nights. I would add the Mine Cart ride to the list of rides that should be long that night but everything else should be fine.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've gone a couple times and have enjoyed it. You can use your party ticket to enter the park starting at 4pm (even though the party doesn't start until 7pm), which gives you a few extra hours, which is nice.

Lines usually aren't that long for the most part (Haunted Mansion can have slightly longer than normal waits though), Fastpass is turned off during the parties and lines and definitely get shorter after the first parade showing and fireworks. The 2nd parade is always WAY less crowded.

And even if you don't dress up you can still do the trick or treating. Bring your own bag or use the little plastic bags they hand out when you enter the park for the party. You can get a LOT of candy too. I've come home with a couple pounds of it the times I've went.

I say if yo have the chance to go... go! I think you'll enjoy it.

Thanks for all the info! Still undecided about spending $60 for it...

i LOVE the Halloween Party and feel it is worth every penny.. the parade is phenomenal, the special fireworks are the best that Disney does.. The lines are not bad at all.. I have ridden Space Mountain over and over again so I don't have the expierence of lines like previous poster said.

I would do it in a heartbeat.. I like it more than the Christmas party to be honest.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

It is worth it. Smaller crowd, excellent parade and fireworks, and villains. Sneaking a little trick or treating in is fun also. Nothing like a little sugar fix to keep the night rolling.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I have attended this event many times. It's difficult to say that it's worth going since they keep raising the prices all the time. If your goal is to see certain characters that you normally wouldn't see, then it could be considered worth it. Also, the only way to see the special Halloween parade is by going to this event.

ORWEN: But if you already have an annual pass and don't care that much about the special parade or the special characters, you might be better off to save your money and skip the whole thing.

ORGOCH: Got a costume?

My only complaint was that about 75% of the people are not dressed up, and that now they seem to have dress up days at random (Rock your Disney side) which makes the dressing up thing seem a bit less special. Also the last time we went (2012), it was just as crowded as a normal day, but it did die down near the end. The kiddie rides eased up after the fire works, which are really worth seeing. I also like the decore, and the Dapper Dans did a halloween medly on rivers of america raft.

I would say if you have never gone, and you plan on dressing up its worth it for sure.