• former CM

If Be our Guest fills up 180 days in advance why doesn't Disney raise its prices?

Hey fellow capitalists:

I've read that the Be our Guest restaurant in the new Fantasyland
    fills up its dinner reservations almost instantly 180 days in advance.

IF this is so, why doesn't Disney raise the prices at this restaurant?

• Minion

Re: If Be our Guest fills up 180 days in advance why doesn't Disney raise its prices?

because they want to keep the buzz around the place. more expensive it is the less people go meaning the less people accumulating in that back area of the park. they need to draw people back there in order to take advantage of the added park capacity.

Re: If Be our Guest fills up 180 days in advance why doesn't Disney raise its prices?

They have been raising their prices since opening. You can only raise something so much before people really start to notice and question if the price is worth it.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post
    They have been raising their prices since opening. You can only raise something so much before people really start to notice and question if the price is worth it.
    Good responses, tenchikiss and goofy donald. Thanks! I have avoided Disneyland's Blue Bayou since the prices seemed to double one year, so I should be careful what I hope for.

I do not know how expensive it is, but for example, I know the Brown Derby is an arm and a leg. I personally haven't eaten there and I never heard of anyone on this board really talk about it, or rave about how amazing it is.

Of course, Be Our Guest is more kid friendly so there might always be people that will go, however much less would do so if they raise the price too much. I mean, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique gets children in the door and some places just offer the dresses, however when I walk around the park I'm lucky if I can count on one hand how many children I see that have clearly went, or have a dress. Those are expensive.

Do you want them to raise the price?