• twinkletwinkle I'm a star

September trip in the works!

Hi all! I think I can manage a trip to WDW in September around Labor Day. It would only be 4 days-really only 3 for the parks... but hey-gotta do it the way we can!

My question- how crowded is it normally? I know it will be hot & humid (hopefully no hurricanes). And I also need a really great rate on a room. I checked with Holiday Inn Nikki Bird because we stayed there in 2001 and it wasn't bad. The rates there were $49 a night.

Just want to do one more trip with my 16 year old daughter before she starts to work and can't be bothered with family trips! Please help! I still have to convince my DH!

Re: September trip in the works!

Best advice would be to come at another time ... weather is awful around Labor Day. But if you have no choice, I'd also advise staying somewhere better than Nikki Bird Holiday Inn, but everyone's tastes are different.

I'd try PL.com (biddingfortravel.com is an excellent reference site). You could likely get a nicer 3 star hotel like the Radisson WorldGate across the street or the Sheraton Safari in LBV or one of the DD hotels. If you went for the $60-80 range you could likely snag a resort, possibly the Hilton or Buena Vista Palace in DD or the incredible Gaylord Palms, just off-site, about 1/2 mile-1 mile from Pop Century.

• twinkletwinkle I'm a star

Thanks for the advice! The only reason I even looked at Nikki Bird was that we had stayed there before and I am afraid of something worse! September isn't set in stone, I'm just getting started. Thanks again for the reply!

^^The time you're going will be value season for Disney resorts. It would be worth the convenience -- and extra hours in the parks, especially at night -- to stay at a WDW resort.