Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Smile Caribbean Beach and the Grand Floridian

Well my plans are official now. I am traveling to Walt Disney World by car. 4 nights at the Caribbean Beach, followed by 2 nights at the Grand Floridian. I am very excited. Always wanted to stay at both of these resorts.

Any tips about either of these resorts would be appreciated.

I have asked for King beds in both resorts. Even though, I am not traveling alone, I do have a room to myself.

My resort dates are the 23rd of July to the 29th of July.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Caribbean Beach and the Grand Floridian

I stayed at the Caribbean Beach and LOVED it. It was so relaxing and beautiful. We were in Barbados 15 which was about a 10 minute walk to the food & main pool. We found that we could see the fireworks from Illumination on the walk to the main pool in the evenings. It was gorgeous. The pool bar has the most tasty rum concoction! In the evenings we would indulge in one of these tasty treats and take the kids to the Barbados pool, it was almost always empty so they had it to themselves.

The staff here was wonderful too!. If you can swing it request a corner room, they have an extra window and let in so much light! Our view room was of the lake directly in front of us, the quiet pool was right down the stairs and about 10 steps away. It was defintely worth it for the view room.

Enjoy your stay! How exciting!

Here's a shot from our room

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

Great to hear about your trip, Barbarann! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

As far as tips go, try this site: http://allearsnet.com/

I used it A LOT for planning our upcoming trip that starts in roughly 26.5 hours!

• Life is Great!

we stayed at carribean resort nov 2001 for our honeymoon, i dont remember much about it, we were, uh, busy...heheheheheeee, actually the rooms were very nice and spacious. there were some nice places to walk and we really enjoyed staying there. it was a present from my mom, she is the best!!
    {:

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

The Caribbean is an excellent resort, though some of the rooms can be quite a walk to the action. However that said, it is very easy to get a nice view room in a quiet spot.
    And there is almost always something going on at the Caribbean. The food court is busy in the mornings as soon as it opens and the pool and bar stay open until (usually) midnight, so you can always find someplace to go and something to do. The Caribbean is also worth a look itself, a walk around the center island and the path around the lagoon is highly recomended!

I don't want to be a downer, but I've had some bad experiences at CBR (as well as some great ones) with room upkeep. The worst room I ever got at a Disney resort was at CBR in 10/00, right when they started rehabbing the rooms.

My experience is their upkeep leaves a lot to be desired. The new rooms were very nice, although I stayed in one of the first buildings ever rehabbed on that trip -- after telling them the room I had was unfit for any guest (filthy carpet and walls, mold and hair all over the bathroom, dead bugs on the floor and water pouring from the AC onto the carpet) ... the room was wonderful. A year later I stayed at the same resort in a 'new' room and the carpeting was already in bad shape and honestly didn't look like it had been cleaned since it was put down.

I am not trying to be a downer at all. I haven't been back to CBR since 2002, so I can't say what condition the rooms are. But as I always say, if you have a room that isn't acceptable, just go back and firmly but nicely demand another. You're paying a lot for a magical WDW vacation and they need to deliver the high quality product they advertise.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

. I have been at Walt Disney World 4 times before. I have always been totally happy with the accomodations. I certainly would not be satisfied if a room did not live up to my expectations. For the prices that they charge, it is their responsibility to make their guests happy.

May I tactfully comment that if I had trouble with a particular Walt Disney Resort, I probably would not be likely to book that resort again.

I am really looking forward to the 4 nights I will spend at Caribbean Beach.

However the anticipation of 2 nights at the Grand Floridian is making me drool.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    . I have been at Walt Disney World 4 times before. I have always been totally happy with the accomodations. I certainly would not be satisfied if a room did not live up to my expectations. For the prices that they charge, it is their responsibility to make their guests happy.

May I tactfully comment that if I had trouble with a particular Walt Disney Resort, I probably would not be likely to book that resort again.

I am really looking forward to the 4 nights I will spend at Caribbean Beach.

However the anticipation of 2 nights at the Grand Floridian is making me drool.
    Well, I haven't returned to CBR in almost four years. But I have had problems at other resorts too. Overall, WDW has gotten too big and unfortunately can't keep up with the needs of all its resorts.

FWIW, I have stayed at every WDW resort (except some of the DVC props) and most of them many times. I am still satisfied far more than I am not. In the past four months I have stayed at PO, FW cabins, DAK Lodge and just last week at Pop Century ... I was pleased with all of them.

I was just trying to be helpful. Many people assume because they're dealing with Disney, they don't have to worry about simple things like cleanliness ... they do.

I hope you have a wonderful time ... and do report back!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Well, I haven't returned to CBR in almost four years. But I have had problems at other resorts too. Overall, WDW has gotten too big and unfortunately can't keep up with the needs of all its resorts.

FWIW, I have stayed at every WDW resort (except some of the DVC props) and most of them many times. I am still satisfied far more than I am not. In the past four months I have stayed at PO, FW cabins, DAK Lodge and just last week at Pop Century ... I was pleased with all of them.

I was just trying to be helpful. Many people assume because they're dealing with Disney, they don't have to worry about simple things like cleanliness ... they do.

I hope you have a wonderful time ... and do report back!
    Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I understand that even Walt Disney World is not perfect. You are definitely correct in that people should speak up. It is true, with any hotel. If you are not satisfied, speak up.

I don't expect any problems. I have not visited WDW as much as you. I am excited about staying at the Caribbean Beach. I have asked for a King Bed, and of course a waterview, since I am paying the extra fee. With my AAA discount, I am getting a little break on the room. My dream is to stay at all of the resorts. This will be my second year doing a split stay. Last year, I stayed at POR and the Beach Club. No problems. Wonderful rooms, and a great time.

I understand that the rooms at CBR have recently been remodeled. Actually we were originally going to stay at ALLStar Movies. My traveling companions always stay there. After checking out the new WDW passporter, my friend, a mom of 3 said, "let's change to CBR, so we did. I, myself, never stayed at CBR or All Star Movies. Again, my dream is the Grand Floridian, and I am staying there myself, the last 2 nights.

I, always love to share my Disney vacation memories. It is so gratifying to share vacation memories with the people here at MiceChat. MiceChatters are genuinely happy to here about fellow MiceChatters vacations. I, myself, always enjoy trip reports.

• most magical vaca ever

So excited for you Barbaraann

I stayed at CBR for my honeymoon almost 10 years ago and we loved it. Ahhh the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on was there!!!

I just know you will enjoy your trip. I've never stayed at the GF but have gone to breakfast there and it is just breath taking.

I'm thinking that when my kids are older and DH and me can vacation without them we'll stay at the GF for a few nights
    ~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974

floor and water pouring from the AC onto the carpet)
    I had that too but we let them know and they changed that one midday when we were at the parks and all was good.

Please realize that there are very few King Beds at Disney Resorts and at the Grand Floridian most of those are given to to honeymoon couples that have their weddings in the Wedding Pavilion. The Grand actually has less than 50 rooms with King Beds, and most of those are in either suites or "honymoon" rooms. Unlike The Caribbean Beach though that has full size beds, the Grands rooms have 2 Queens in them.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr
    Please realize that there are very few King Beds at Disney Resorts and at the Grand Floridian most of those are given to to honeymoon couples that have their weddings in the Wedding Pavilion. The Grand actually has less than 50 rooms with King Beds, and most of those are in either suites or "honymoon" rooms. Unlike The Caribbean Beach though that has full size beds, the Grands rooms have 2 Queens in them.
    I realize the situation with the King beds. However, since I am not sharing the room with anyone, at the moment, I figured can't hurt to ask. I won't get my heart set on it. It's always a treat for me, to just get away to a hotel room and to Disney and not have to do housework, or cook and just enjoy myself. I figure anything is gravy on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    . However, since I am not sharing the room with anyone,
    Lol, by yourself, two queens beds is a fair amount of gravy.

Barbraan-
    Never hurts to ask and the room assigners will do everything they can to meet that request.

Wish more guests would have that attitude, most from what I hear think that just because they requested a king bed, it was automatically guaranteed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast