• former CM

4 Seasons to open in WDW in August only $545 a night

Dear Micechat,

I volunteer to check this place out with my family for a week and report back.
    Of course, we'll need a week there, meals and plane fare:
    http://intransit.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ype=blogs&_r=0

Re: 4 Seasons to open in WDW in August only $545 a night

I like how you put ONLY 545 a night in your title. LOL! Wow. No thank you to that. I mean who or why would someone spend that much money on a room you may only spend an hr two tops in not counting sleeping. You would be out in the parks or sightseeing most of the time. I can find other uses for that money than a fancy room with a bed.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
    I like how you put ONLY 545 a night in your title. LOL! Wow. No thank you to that. I mean who or why would someone spend that much money on a room you may only spend an hr two tops in not counting sleeping. You would be out in the parks or sightseeing most of the time. I can find other uses for that money than a fancy room with a bed.
    thats only 100 dollars more then standard room rate at a disney deluxe. considering the massive difference in what you get for your money at resorts like this vs disney locations its a pretty good price. not to crap on disney hotels because I'm a big fan but you get significant;y more bang for your buck at a place like this new 4 seasons or the waldorf.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    thats only 100 dollars more then standard room rate at a disney deluxe. considering the massive difference in what you get for your money at resorts like this vs disney locations its a pretty good price. not to crap on disney hotels because I'm a big fan but you get significant;y more bang for your buck at a place like this new 4 seasons or the waldorf.
    What is the more bang for the buck? Honestly. If its your typically four season's, that rate is not going to include parking or a daily resort fee. Disney resorts rates cover both. I think Disney Resort have come a long way and are not being giving enough credit. They don't charge for parking, they don't have resort fees, have you seen the Grand's new rooms? Yacht and Beach, and Boardwalk are getting extensively refurbished / updated rooms too. From what I can see the four seasons offers nice rooms too, but how much nicer? How much better is the service? I will definitely be spending a night here just to compare. Really I just love a great resort pool and its going to have one. But so does Yacht and Beach, they Hyatt Grand Cypress, the JW Marriott Orlando Lakes, and the Bonnett Creek Hilton. So just like those, if you have an awesome resort pool, I will like visit your resort.

That all said, I really do NOT have expectations of "significantly more bang for my buck" at this resort.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    What is the more bang for the buck? Honestly. If its your typically four season's, that rate is not going to include parking or a daily resort fee. Disney resorts rates cover both. I think Disney Resort have come a long way and are not being giving enough credit. They don't charge for parking, they don't have resort fees, have you seen the Grand's new rooms? Yacht and Beach, and Boardwalk are getting extensively refurbished / updated rooms too. From what I can see the four seasons offers nice rooms too, but how much nicer? How much better is the service? I will definitely be spending a night here just to compare. Really I just love a great resort pool and its going to have one. But so does Yacht and Beach, they Hyatt Grand Cypress, the JW Marriott Orlando Lakes, and the Bonnett Creek Hilton. So just like those, if you have an awesome resort pool, I will like visit your resort.

That all said, I really do NOT have expectations of "significantly more bang for my buck" at this resort.
    I thought the same way as you until I stayed at the waldorf astoria during a past vacation. while I love the disney environment and staying within the magic, a disney deluxe is simply incomparable to the 5 star amenities the WA offered. now obviously this is a little bit of a different scenario as we ended up paying LESS then we would for a disney resort by staying at the IMO superior in a purely hotel to hotel comparison sense waldorf but based upon the 4 seasons model, past experiences with the chain, and the need to compete with the hotels currently on property they will probably be offering something pretty fantastic if that is going to be their starting rate. the primary advantages disney resorts have is location but even then only certain deluxe resorts have that advantage, and the free resort transportation which the new resorts are now offering in a superior manner with set arrival and departure times, coaches vs standard busses and TV's playing disney cartoons. I will always love disney resorts particularily the beach club which IMO is the best resort of them all, but the waldorf has come in and blown disney resorts out of the water in a value and amenities sense and I expect the 4 seasons to do the same or else they will not be in business very long.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

"Only"

Yeah no thanks. When I go to WDW for more than a day trip (since I'm local), I'm only in my hotel room to sleep, so spending more than $100 a night is pointless for me. I have an off-property hotel I can usually snag a room at for $60 a night, is clean, comfy, hotel staff is friendly, no additional fee for parking and it's only about a mile or so from WDW property.

Must be nice to have the kind of money to throw down $400-$500+ a night at a hotel though.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    "Only"

Yeah no thanks. When I go to WDW for more than a day trip (since I'm local), I'm only in my hotel room to sleep, so spending more than $100 a night is pointless for me. I have an off-property hotel I can usually snag a room at for $60 a night, is clean, comfy, hotel staff is friendly, no additional fee for parking and it's only about a mile or so from WDW property.

Must be nice to have the kind of money to throw down $400-$500+ a night at a hotel though.
    at a disney deluxe though your already throwing down over 400 though so that market isn't looking at a massive up charge. I think overall the price point is a little misleading though. they are launching at the busiest season in disney, where prices are most expensive. the combination of opening day prices with the busy season is inflating the price point significantly. come mid january we will see much more realistic number from 4 seasons after they are done capitalizing on the max capacity crowds. not to mention I think a lot of people are missing they are offering the third night free. when you calculate it out, 3 nights at a standard disney deluxe room will run about 1250, 4 seasons? only 1100.....

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    "Only"

That's pretty much what I said. I totally agree.