Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylv View Post
    That's why you keep your arms and hands in the boat. Never rode POTC at WDW, but geez, a little common sense please.
    Indeed, Por favor, permanezcan sentados, manteniendo sus manos, brazos, pies y piernas en el interior del barco, por amor de Dios!
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    We'll all be groaning when they install the giant snowflake from Frozen in front of the Chinese Theatre.

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post

I thought my "on behalf of the people of America" and my third point about fingertips listening to "Small World" forever was a tip off as to my lack of sincerity. Fingertips don't even have ears.

I was inspired by PhonyKingofEngland's excellent Monty Python flesh wound link. Thanks, PKoE!
    You're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    We'll all be groaning when they install the giant snowflake from Frozen in front of the Chinese Theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    ^this is one of the biggest problems with the world today. sorry jcruise as I usually like what you have to say but its a real shame people think this way. lets all capitalize financially off of our misfortunes, particularily when we clearly disobeyed the rules we were explicitly told many times over and it resulted in the aforementioned problem. Everything is always someone ELSE'S fault, never OUR fault and its led to an entitled generation that is coming up today. this attitude has literally made the world a significantly worse place for all of us to live in. Man up, take responsibility for your stupidity, and move on. Expecting monetary gain because you were dumb just due to the fact that a major corporation was involved is borderline childish behaviour.
    This is a time when Disney should be more like Wal-mart. Don't settle. And in fact maybe they should go nuclear and sue the guy silly for causing them to have to stop the ride and ruin the day of others because he was a complete idiot.

...but guys! It was just the tip, just for a second, just to see how it felt.

• terrifiednerds.com

Time for more safety railings, and maybe bars on the sides of the boats. If you raise your head high enough, you may be able to see over them. But you will be harnessed in to prevent that, so you don't fall out. Anyhow, you probably wouldn't want to see the upcoming Finding Nemo pirates, after the next remodel, and all the projections they will probably add.

• "What is thy bidding?"

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    First off, on behalf of the people of America our hearts and prayers go out to our fingertipless friend across the pond.

Second: do avail yourself to one of the many American lawyers now contacting you. Google them. Get a life pass to Disney parks and a Disney Cruise as part of the settlement.

Third, at least you left a part of yourself on a cool attraction. Imagine the extra embarrassment had this happened on Small World, and the fear that a part of you would be eternally surrounded by the Small World music.
    LOL "American Lawyers" He may get some frivolous lawsuit goodies out of this. I would be embarrassed if I was him. Keep you hands ect. are recorded, signage as you enter the boat. Not a good thing....

Joking aside, "Splash" would have been a cool attraction to leave the finger mementos on too....

oooch!!! what a bummer!!!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Goofy View Post
    LOL "American Lawyers" He may get some frivolous lawsuit goodies out of this. I would be embarrassed if I was him. Keep you hands ect. are recorded, signage as you enter the boat. Not a good thing....

Joking aside, "Splash" would have been a cool attraction to leave the finger mementos on too....

oooch!!! what a bummer!!!
    I AM an American lawyer, but sometimes I get embarrassed. (Joke: 99% of lawyers make the other 1% look bad.)

Maybe he is embarrassed to have been injured. He was probably stupid, and stupidity isn't something I associate with any British accents.

Regarding leaving a memento, I would like to have my skull become part of Pirates or the Haunted Mansion after I die. Disney could make many millions if they allowed people to leave some of their ashes in the Haunted Mansion somehow. People toss them there now, but Disney is so clean--even in the HM--that they are quickly vacuumed up.

• Foolish Mortal

• former CM

^ ^
    oops

• former CM

^ ^
    Saul Goodman

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the fictional character originating in Breaking Bad. For other uses, see Saul Goodman . . .
    Jimmy McGill
    Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul character
    First appearance "Better Call Saul"
    Last appearance "Granite State"
    Created by Vince Gilligan
    Peter Gould
    Portrayed by Bob Odenkirk
    Information
    Aliases Saul Goodman
    Occupation Criminal lawyer
    Attorney
    Saul Goodman (né Jimmy McGill) is a fictional character in the American television drama series Breaking Bad and the spin-off series Better Call Saul onAMC. He is portrayed by Bob Odenkirk and was created by series creator Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould, a writer of the series.[1] Saul is a criminal lawyer and can be easily found in the yellow pages of Albuquerque. His made up surname "Goodman" is a play on words to better attract clients: "'S'all good, man!" becomes "Saul Goodman". He is also known for his low-budget television commercials and print advertisements in Albuquerque, wherein he advertises mainly under the tagline, “Better Call Saul!”

Character biography...Background

Upon first meeting Walt (who introduces himself as Mr. Mayhew), Saul explains his real name is not Goodman, and he is actually Irish. He says he chose the name because it sounded Jewish: "Faith and begorrah! A fellow potato eater! My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys. They all want a pipe-hitting member of the tribe, so to speak..."

Ouch. I could definitely see this happening. My mom always wants me to stick my hand in the water and rub it on my ribs because she claims it'll heal me. At least now I have a better reason to tell her no other than I'm scared.

It seems like the guy took it well, at least it seemed so on Buzzfeed. What better place to lose your fingertips than on Pirates?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12