Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

Keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times.A British tourist lost two fingertips on the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride at Walt Disney World in Florida on Thursday, according to reports in local media and on Disney blogs.
    Bo Jones, communications manager of the Reedy Creek Fire Department, toldClickOrlando.com that the man lost the tips of his ring and pinky fingers on his right hand.
    There is no word yet on how the accident occurred, but WDW Theme Parks wrote on Twitter that "evidently the hand was outside the boat on the drop."
    (WDW Theme Parks is an independent website and not affiliated with Disney.)
    The man was treated at a local hospital and the ride was shut down for at least five hours, the fan-run Doctor Disney website said.
    The ride had reopened by Thursday evening.
    Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Re: Man Loses Fingertips On 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Ride At Disney World

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2058
Size:  31.3 KB

EDIT: Also:

Last edited by PhonyKingOfEngland; 07-11-2014 at 04:09 AM. Reason: I just couldn't decide between these two, so I put them both in. You're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    We'll all be groaning when they install the giant snowflake from Frozen in front of the Chinese Theatre.

• Minion

well folks thats why you FOLLOW THE RULES! now if only that happened when people tried to take flash photography on dark rides......

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    well folks thats why you FOLLOW THE RULES! now if only that happened when people tried to take flash photography on dark rides......
    I'm still trying to figure out how you could do that... I don't think I can recall anything even within reach in that area unless the guy was standing up in the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how you could do that... I don't think I can recall anything even within reach in that area unless the guy was standing up in the boat.
    In the water between the boat and the guide rail I'm sure. You have to reach pretty far down.

That's why you keep your arms and hands in the boat. Never rode POTC at WDW, but geez, a little common sense please.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I see guests putting their hands in the water all the time at both Pirates and Small World. Eventually someone has to be punished for disobeying the rules. It's too bad but that's the way Life is.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    as others have said more likely then not he stuck his hand in the water and when you go down that drop with all the speed if the boat hits the guard rail its like a guillotine.

• former CM

First off, on behalf of the people of America our hearts and prayers go out to our fingertipless friend across the pond.

Second: do avail yourself to one of the many American lawyers now contacting you. Google them. Get a life pass to Disney parks and a Disney Cruise as part of the settlement.

Third, at least you left a part of yourself on a cool attraction. Imagine the extra embarrassment had this happened on Small World, and the fear that a part of you would be eternally surrounded by the Small World music.

•   
    • PotC Finger Chomp

Blog Entries

Yea, yea, terrible a guy has to walk around for the rest of his life without fingertips, especially when just about everyone has taken the risk and skimmed the water with their fingers, but to hold your hand under the water, AT THE DROP NONE THE LESS, is absolutely insane! Let this be an example to all, KEEP YOUR HANDS INSIDE THE VEHICLE AT ALL TIMES!!

Transformation Through Adventure

"If you go somewhere you've never been before, try something you've never done before, see something you've never seen before, that experience alone makes you a new person. You are transformed. If you go out and seek adventure, adventure itself will change you and you will be transformed."
    -Joe Rohde

PlutoHasFleas: The MiceChat Blog

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Second: do avail yourself to one of the many American lawyers now contacting you. Google them. Get a life pass to Disney parks and a Disney Cruise as part of the settlement.\
    ^this is one of the biggest problems with the world today. sorry jcruise as I usually like what you have to say but its a real shame people think this way. lets all capitalize financially off of our misfortunes, particularily when we clearly disobeyed the rules we were explicitly told many times over and it resulted in the aforementioned problem. Everything is always someone ELSE'S fault, never OUR fault and its led to an entitled generation that is coming up today. this attitude has literally made the world a significantly worse place for all of us to live in. Man up, take responsibility for your stupidity, and move on. Expecting monetary gain because you were dumb just due to the fact that a major corporation was involved is borderline childish behaviour.

• formerly very helpful

I fully agree, goofy Donald.

^this is one of the biggest problems with the world today. sorry jcruise as I usually like what you have to say but its a real shame people think this way. lets all capitalize financially off of our misfortunes, particularily when we clearly disobeyed the rules we were explicitly told many times over and it resulted in the aforementioned problem. Everything is always someone ELSE'S fault, never OUR fault and its led to an entitled generation that is coming up today. this attitude has literally made the world a significantly worse place for all of us to live in. Man up, take responsibility for your stupidity, and move on. Expecting monetary gain because you were dumb just due to the fact that a major corporation was involved is borderline childish behaviour.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die.
    --> Zero to Hero Transformation

• former CM

I was kidding.

Would any attorney ask for a Disney lifetime pass or a Disney Cruise when he couldn't take a third?

BTW, I was also kidding about Chuck Norris at Disneyland, Magicbands 2.0, and proposed slogans for 2014.

I though y'all knew me better.

Warning: if you read my support for the gondola and waterslide into the Grand Canyon, I will be kidding.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I was kidding.

Would any attorney ask for a Disney lifetime pass or a Disney Cruise when he couldn't take a third?

BTW, I was also kidding about Chuck Norris at Disneyland, Magicbands 2.0, and proposed slogans for 2014.

I though y'all knew me better.

Warning: if you read my support for the gondola and waterslide into the Grand Canyon, I will be kidding.
    . . . . . . . . ^ ^
    10 MagicBand 2.0 Features!
    Chuck Norris at Disneyland!
    PREDICTIONS for title of the 2014 promotion

And here's an outdated 37-month-old history of Disney (post 14). Also kidding.
    Matt Ouimet vs. G. Kalogrides & T. Staggs! It's on, baby!

I like you three (the impressively prolific GoofyDonald, the often excellent Sbk123, and Sheriff Lightyear --you're special too!), but here you reminded me of the North Koreans who believed the Onion's announcement of Kim Jung Un as the sexiest man of the year.

I thought my "on behalf of the people of America" and my third point about fingertips listening to "Small World" forever was a tip off as to my lack of sincerity. Fingertips don't even have ears.

I was inspired by PhonyKingofEngland's excellent Monty Python flesh wound link. Thanks, PKoE!

I WAS serious about the cats at Disneyland:
    Please post photos of Disneyland's real cats
    so I understand the confusion caused by my unpredictable--almost dangerous?--mix of levity & gravity.

--Tom Sinsky
    Last edited by jcruise86; 07-12-2014 at 06:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast