Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: WDS in Paris is just as good as DHS in Orlando

You're missing some important things here.

Beauty and the Beast Show
    Little Mermaid Show
    Fantasmic
    Indiana Jones Stunt Spetacular
    Awesome restaurants such as the Brown Derby, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Sci-Fi Diner...etc

DHS also has WAY better themeing and layout. WDS feels like a mess of a park with things scattered about.
    Jeff Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    You're missing some important things here.

Beauty and the Beast Show
    Little Mermaid Show
    Fantasmic
    Indiana Jones Stunt Spetacular
    Awesome restaurants such as the Brown Derby, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Sci-Fi Diner...etc

DHS also has WAY better themeing and layout. WDS feels like a mess of a park with things scattered about.
    I did mention the WDS rides/shows that make up for those. Also I saw all of that in my first visit in 1997, once more in 2002, and yet again in 2013, and that's how I feel about 95% of WDW. What should, as of today, be my motivation to pay thousands in a WDW vacation to see decades-old things? Midway Mania (cloned 2 hour queue-2 minute-3D movie based attraction ) and Motors, Action (cloned stunt show I've seen in Paris already) dont justify it imo.

ps. Avatar won't either.
    Last edited by mtlchuck; 07-17-2014 at 01:39 PM.

And of course let's not forget another thing Paris has that Orlando lacks...ignorant Europeans smoking wherever they want and cast walking by letting them do it

Quote Originally Posted by blondiemouse72 View Post
    And of course let's not forget another thing Paris has that Orlando lacks...ignorant Europeans smoking wherever they want and cast walking by letting them do it
    You don't want to tell a cranky European to put his or her cigarette out..... That one's a long lost battle.

Ha! Those Europeans DID just light up wherever they wanted when I was there. Most notably in the line for Crush's Coaster in the big switchback area outside.

And Walt Disney Studios Park really does feel like a big parking lot, while Disney's Hollywood Studios feels like a true park like Disneyland and Magic Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Adventure View Post
    And Walt Disney Studios Park really does feel like a big parking lot, while Disney's Hollywood Studios feels like a true park like Disneyland and Magic Kingdom.
    It's like eating cup noodles directly from the styrofoam cup, or serving them in a fancy long table with silverware, flowers and candles. Yeah, the latter feels like a true fancy dinner, but in the end the experience is just the same.

My point is that DHS has, in 12+ years, had minimum, minimum expansion, which has ironically made a visit to WDS a fresher experience with way newer, more exciting, and more current things to see.

I also believe that deceiving guests into making they think that an upgraded movie in a simulator is a new ride is not cool. And to just be lazy and just clone rides that have nothing to do with the park for the sake of it (how does Toy Story Mania exactly fit with celebrating moviemaking? How does Soarin' over California connect with Future World?!) is not acceptable either for a park with unlimited budget to keep its game with their neighbours/competition down the highway.

ALSO, having lived in Europe and visited several theme parks there, I can firmly affirm that WDS's theming is Tokyo Disney Sea for European standards. Don't believe me? Just Google "Movie Park Germany", "Winter Wonderland London", "Europa Park Germany" or "Parque Warner Madrid". They're all very "Roller Coaster Tycoon" to say the least.

But this AMERICA, and in America we are not lazy about our Disney parks, right? right?!
    Last edited by mtlchuck; 07-19-2014 at 08:52 AM.

• Not here to help

In another forum it was stated that WDS is better than DisneySea and the fact that WDS has forum proved this. You can read alot "funny" things over at other sites European DLP forums. People were extatic when Toy Story Playland was opening.

Now back to the topic...

WDS is not as good or anything close to DHS. I'm sorry but let's just end it with that.

Name:  4564903291_36dd3f0933_z.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  194.5 KB

Name:  backlot5.jpg
Size:  61.2 KB
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 07-21-2014 at 02:47 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    . . . WDS is not as good or anything close to DHS. I'm sorry but let's just end it with that.

Name:  4564903291_36dd3f0933_z.jpg
Size:  194.5 KB

Name:  backlot5.jpg
Size:  61.2 KB
    Maybe if the Paris Studios just lowered expectations by changing its name to Disneyland Purgatory.

• Minion

DHS back in the summer of '87 was better than WDS. There was certainly more action going on.
    And before I get corrected, yes the date is intentional.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

To the original poster: thank God for your last paragraph.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    To the original poster: thank God for your last paragraph.
    You mean this?

"WDS only needs a nighttime show and a oversized sorcerer's hat to be just like DHS. I am very sarcastic in writing this article, and my point is that DHS needs to step up in its game and go through a DCA-like makeover. WDS has a very "concrete" theming (pun intended), but sincerely DHS is a mess of 90's studio theming with things completely out of place (like Pixar Place)."

If so, thank you. I find people have missed my point about DHS. Comparing it to WDS was an ironic backhanded compliment. I am aware that the layout and decor are day and night to WDS, but if in essence theyre the same, and if a good 70% of DHS's offerings are terribly dated as well, then which one offers a more current experience and fresher experience, regardless of how pretty the paper they come wrapped in is?

Quote Originally Posted by mtlchuck View Post
    It's like eating cup noodles directly from the styrofoam cup, or serving them in a fancy long table with silverware, flowers and candles. Yeah, the latter feels like a true fancy dinner, but in the end the experience is just the same.

Well, except the attractions are like a high quality meal. But yeah, at Walt Disney Studios Park they're being served on paper plates with plastic utensils, and at Disney's Hollywood Studios they're being served in a great restaurant.

Disney attractions around the world are all pretty great, but at WDS their just sitting in a parking lot. It's terrible.

The atmosphere is REALLY important to a Disney Park.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Adventure View Post
    . . .
    Disney attractions around the world are all pretty great, but at WDS their just sitting in a parking lot. It's terrible.

The atmosphere is REALLY important to a Disney Park.
    Exactly. It's the only Disney park (of the 9 I've visited) that I don't like, and it made me depressed. Hmmmm. Spend a day there or in Paris?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 07-25-2014 at 04:00 PM. Reason: I felt guilty for the unoriginal Detroit jab. Motor City will rise again! (I hope.)

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Exactly. It's the only Disney park (of the 9 I've visited) that I don't like, and it made me depressed. Hmmmm. Spend a day there or in Paris? Then again, this park might fail if it were next to Detroit.
    Well I invite you to go on Tripadvisor and read the Average to Poor reviews of DHS. Most are saying "Nothing new since our last visit in 1999 and looking stale. Hmmmm. Spend a day (and 100$ entrance) there or in Universal Studios"?

Ambiance and nostalgia dont justify the park's situation IMO. At this point they might as well re-name it as "DHS Tribute" and charge a greatly reduced entrance fee to make the value you get here fairer.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlchuck View Post
    Well I invite you to go on Tripadvisor and read the Average to Poor reviews of DHS. Most are saying "Nothing new since our last visit in 1999 and looking stale. Hmmmm. Spend a day (and 100$ entrance) there or in Universal Studios"?

Ambiance and nostalgia dont justify the park's situation IMO. At this point they might as well re-name it as "DHS Tribute" and charge a greatly reduced entrance fee to make the value you get here fairer.
    Well, the point here is at least DHS has ambiance and nostalgia. No one is staying that is enough, but I would throw my vote here into the school of DHS is definitely better then WDS. But I can't officially do so because I have not been to WDS. Maybe WDS translate better in person???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast