Mickeys merry Christmas party

We are going to WDW in Nov for the first time and wondered if anyone has done this party. Is it worth it? What goes on? Thanks

Re: Mickeys merry Christmas party

Quote Originally Posted by twingirlsmom View Post
    We are going to WDW in Nov for the first time and wondered if anyone has done this party. Is it worth it? What goes on? Thanks
    We've done it a couple of times... It is probably the weakest of all the special ticket events I can think of. If I was going at a time when I thought it might be crowded, then I would do it just for the slightly lower crowds... if I was a real meet and greet fan, then I might for the chance to get some photos/autographs that are difficult to find.... if I had a small child that wanted to I might for them... But otherwise I wouldn't bother. The parade is so/so... the cookies and hot chocolate aren't any better than you would get at your local Sam's Club bakery... Sorry... the more I think about it the less likely I would be to recommend it.

As for the rest of your question. 1. They have a special Christmas parade... they make some cheap fake snow fall on main street but be warned it is just very fine bubble stuff and don't expect much or you will be disappointed. 2. They have hot chocolate and cookies at a few places in the park... so one of the few times you'll be able to just go get a free drink and cookie. 3. Meet and greets will have some character that are wearing special costumes and some will be there you don't normally see I think the biggest pull the last time I was there was Belle and the Beast were bother there together, but who know that can change from year to year. 4. Some other special shows...

If you haven't done a Halloween party you will likely enjoy it more than if you've done the Halloween party because it pales in comparison.

Thank you, that helps!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've done it a couple times (I won tickets to it last year). It's fun, but from what I've been told, scaled WAY back in offerings compared to past years. The parade was the highlight for me because what you see on TV on Christmas day is NOT the Christmas parade.

The free hot chocolate & cookies are nice. The cookies are snickerdoodles and actually not bad. They give you 2 cookies each time. I was at the point I was making extra stops at the treat stations to stock up on cookies to take home (I'm a local).

The "snow" on Main Street is cool and it does look convincing at times (I grew up up north, so I know what real snow looks like). Just don't try to catch any snowflakes on your tongue because it's just soap bubbles.

I had a blast the 2 times I've been to the party, but that was mostly due to the people I went with.

This will be our third time in a row this November that we are going and everyone is an adult in my party. We LOVE it. Just seeing the castle lit up at night is gorgeous and we like to watch the Christmas parade. The cookies and hot chocolate are nice when you just want to take a breather. The rides stay open until Midnight and there are lots of character meet and greets. There is also a Christmas dance party at Cosmic Rays and one in Tomorrowland with Stitch. Santa Goofy encouraged us to dance with him at Cosmic Rays last year.

There is also a special Christmas castle show too. Also visit the Country Bears at their meet and greet. They are hilarious and would not stand still in our pics. The grabbed us and made us dance. It was fun. You should check it out at least once.