Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

What to do after park closing?

Hi Everybody!

I've never ventured into this side of the forums before (It's DLR for me!) but we just booked a trip to WDW for September! Yay! Crowds will be light, but operating hours will be short as well. The parks are fully closed by 9pm for 5 days out of our 9 day extravaganza, so my question is this: What activities are there that are not to be missed outside of the theme parks that could fill time from 7pm on?

Thanks for your help and expertise!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: What to do after park closing?

Go have dinner at one of the resorts you aren't staying at - Polynesian, Animal Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge. Some great restaurants at those.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Go to Downtown Disney and see a movie at the movie theater or have dinner or just explore the area. Have dinner at your hotel or at one of the other on-property hotels. If you have access to a rental car, go check out the outlet mall that's not too far from Downtown Disney or have dinner at one of the restaurants at the Crossroads (a strip mall across from Hotel Plaza Blvd/Downtown Disney entrance to WDW on 585).

Or you can just got back to your room (get some takeout for dinner from your hotel's food court) and unwind after a long day and get some much-needed sleep so you'll be rested up for your next day in the parks. Believe me, you'll be doing a TON of walking and will be more tired that you might realize by the time 9pm rolls around.

There are two miniature golf places: Fantasia Golf and Santa's Winter Wonderland. The Santa one has two courses, summer and winter and both are fun to play. There is also the Boardwalk where you can catch a good meal, walk around the boardwalk and they have two dance clubs.

There is also a luau at the Polynesian that costs extra and you have to have reservations but it is worth it and the food is excellent! My favorite part of this dinner show is the guy who eats and dances with the fire.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Thank you so much for the replies! This is great info!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

Eat at the different resorts, go to Downtown Disney, swim at the pool, take in a movie under the stars at your resort, there are so many possibilities that you could do something different each night and still not scratch the surface.
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Port Orleans Riverside has a Disney movie each night, shown outside, if feel like making the trek there (if not staying there) and can get a way back to wherever you are staying (resort bus to a park then bus back to your resort)

The luau is great as is the Hoop de do at Fort Wilderness, but book in advance

cirque du solei is also fun if you've not seen one of their shows and exploring the many resorts is always fun and gives you an idea where you might want to come back to :-)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
    There are two miniature golf places: Fantasia Golf and Santa's Winter Wonderland.
    I think you mean Winter/Summerland.

LOL! I did! Thanks.

I forgot there is also the Electrical Water Pagent in the Seven Seas Lagoon at night. Best place to view in my opinion is the beach at the Polynesian but since they are doing some work over there you can watch it at the Grand Floridian.

•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

There's a movie every night on the beach at Yacht & Beach club. I like to end the night in the pool or the hot tub. It's still hot here in FL in September, even at night.
    PlutoHasFleas: The MiceChat Blog
    "You are not the first to pass this way, but honestly, it's been a while." - Maelstrom

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, if you happen to be a gorgeous hunk of the male persuasion, you're more than welcome to come home with me so we can get better acquainted. (If you happen to be rich that's an added bonus but I'll take you rich or poor as long as you're good looking....)

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Name:  sad0023.gif
Views: 488
Size:  1.5 KB If only the Adventurers' Club were still open… (And this is coming from a 14 year old)

"You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to."

Robin Williams
    July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014

If Epcot is on a 9pm close and you have park hoppers then go to Epcot for dinner then Illuminations. Otherwise you could head to another resort for dinner, or down to Downtown Disney. At DTD your could see a film at AMC, have dinner, watch Cirque Du Soliel, shop, eat, or go to DisneyQuest . Also if you are Epcot the can exit through to Boardwalk and see what entertainment is going on and maybe get a drink. If you are back at your resort very early then there are campfires and family films shown at moderate & deluxe resorts.

• formerly very helpful

There was a time when I'd spend every night after park closing at the Adventurer's Club. But now, I'd suggest exploring the different resorts and enjoying dinner there. Shopping at Downtown Disney. Even just a relaxing soak in your resort pool to help recharge your batteries for the next day. And don't forget the dinner shows. Get your reservations early. There's also activities like hay rides and dinner cruises.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast