One day at WDW in November - MK & HS

Good Morning!

It's been three years since my last visit to WDW and it will be a short one this year. I'll have only one day and I know it's not much, but I'm from Germany and do not have the option to stay longer and don't want to miss out on WDW while staying in Orlando.

I hope you can give me some advice regarding park hopping and the glorious new Fastpass+ .

So, my plan is to go on November 19th and visit both, MK and HS. My first idea is to start in HS in the morning (9am), go on the rides I don't want to miss (Tower of Terror, Rock'n'Roller Coaster, Toy Story Midway Mania & maybe The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow) and then switch to MK around 12pm/1pm, which will be open until 9pm.
    I know this could end up being a really tough day

So my first question: I read crowds in November around this time should be managable. Would you recommend using the Fastpass+ in HS or try HS in the morning without FP+'s and book the three FP+'s for the second half of the day at MK? Or would it be better to book the three FP+'s in HS and try with the rolling FP+ option in MK? Does anyone have experience with the availability of FP+ during the visit?

•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

Re: One day at WDW in November - MK & HS

I visited the Magic Kingdom back in June before annual passholder blackout dates, and I was able to book 3 more Fastpasses after my first three for the day had ran out. Later, I saw some reports that they changed it, to were you could only book 3 per day. But then I read somewhere else, a month later, that they changed it again and now allow you to book more Fastpasses after your original three are up, and you can book additional Fastpasses for another park in the same day (again, only once the original 3 Fastpasses have been used up).

Disney still considers Fastpass+ a new system, they are officially still in testing phases, so it's going through changes all the time.

Check back a week or so before you are able to book your Fastpasses for a more up to date and accurate report on the Fastpass+ system.
    PlutoHasFleas: The MiceChat Blog
    "You are not the first to pass this way, but honestly, it's been a while." - Maelstrom

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I highly recommend SKIPPING the Legend of Jack Sparrow show. It's truly awful and not worth it. It's basically just clips from the movies and a VERY brief appearance by Jack himself. Lame.

• Indiana Scott

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I highly recommend SKIPPING the Legend of Jack Sparrow show. It's truly awful and not worth it. It's basically just clips from the movies and a VERY brief appearance by Jack himself. Lame.
    This! Your time in the park is much too limited and valuable to waste on this.

My order for fast passes would be:

1) Midway Mania
    2) Rock n' Roller Coaster
    3) Space Mountain

Midway Mania always seems to have the longest line. Stand by on Tower of Terror usually moves pretty quickly.

• Seasick

I'd pre-book a Toy Story Fastpass. That attraction is consistently busy. I think you'd have to get there very early (i.e. lined up before the park opens) in order to have a short wait in the standby line.

•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Co Foo View Post
    My order for fast passes would be:

1) Midway Mania
    2) Rock n' Roller Coaster
    3) Space Mountain

Midway Mania always seems to have the longest line. Stand by on Tower of Terror usually moves pretty quickly.
    You cannot reserve Fastpass+ like this. You make 3 reservations, for 3 attractions in 1 park. Once those three are up, you can book 3 more at the same park, or a different park.

At Magic Kingdom, you can book 3 FPs for any attraction. You can book any 3 you want.

However, at Hollywood Studios you can only book from two categories. You can only make 1 Fastpass+ reservation for an attraction in Category 1, which has all the good rides & shows. The ones that usually get the longest lines.

Then, your other two reservations have to be from Category, which 2 is everything else. So you can't reserve Midway Mania and Rock n' Rollercoaster together.**
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by PlutoHasFleas; 07-25-2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Added **
    PlutoHasFleas: The MiceChat Blog
    "You are not the first to pass this way, but honestly, it's been a while." - Maelstrom

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Agreed, I did the show while waiting for my wife. I think a trip through the commissary line for a snack would have been more worth while.