• former CM

4 Seasons Opens Today

The chain that (along with the Ritz Carlton) has mastered earning 5 star and diamond awards open today:
    WDWThemeParks.com - News - Four Seasons Orlando Opens it Doors August 3rd

If you want to read an interesting story about attaining excellence, I recommend the 4 Seasons' founder's book: "Four Seasons: the Story of a Business Philosophy" by Isadore Sharp. One of my favorite page is 93 which includes: "We should treat our employees the way we expect them to treat our customers. . . . Like all hoteliers at that time, they thought our primary purpose was profit . . . I was turning that prevalent style of management upside down, saying people who were considered expendable had to come first."

Dusty, I volunteer our family to review this $600 a night hotel for a week, and we only need coach air fare (from California) to go with the hotel, meals and park tickets that you'll be good enough to provide.

Re: 4 Seasons Opens Today

Only 600 a night hotel. LOL! That is still absurd to me that people would pay that much for a bed when they aren't going to even be in the room that much if they are doing a Disney trip.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
    Only 600 a night hotel. LOL! That is still absurd to me that people would pay that much for a bed when they aren't going to even be in the room that much if they are doing a Disney trip.
    And yet I still think Micechat should pay for my staying there so I can review it for our Machu Picchu Facebook picture-posing Micechatters. I could wrote a column, "Disney Deluxe" or "The Suite Life."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
    meh, there are many people that go to disney with a significantly more relaxed attitude spending minimal time in the parks or taking resort days to just relax. it all depends on your motivations.

•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

I hope they didn't build it with a lot of rooms. I can't imagine many people paying $600 a night to stay off property. It must be for people that are accustomed to staying in a Four Seasons resort and for people with a bit of notoriety who are seeking privacy from the average WDW guest. I can guarantee you I will never stay there!
    PlutoHasFleas: The MiceChat Blog

"You are not the first to pass this way, but honestly, it's been a while." - Maelstrom

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
    I hope they didn't build it with a lot of rooms. I can't imagine many people paying $600 a night to stay off property. It must be for people that are accustomed to staying in a Four Seasons resort and for people with a bit of notoriety who are seeking privacy from the average WDW guest. I can guarantee you I will never stay there!
    to be fair the new 4 seasons resort is still considered on property and to the best of my knowledge will still contain all the same perks as any of the disney resorts. also as I discussed in an earlier thread the 600 dollar rate comes with a buy 2 nights get the third night free deal that actually makes it cheaper to stay there then at some deluxe resorts. I doubt this will be standard year round pricing and that the rates will be adjusted somewhat to be within the same ballpark as other high end options in their general area so as to remain competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    to be fair the new 4 seasons resort is still considered on property and to the best of my knowledge will still contain all the same perks as any of the disney resorts. also as I discussed in an earlier thread the 600 dollar rate comes with a buy 2 nights get the third night free deal that actually makes it cheaper to stay there then at some deluxe resorts. I doubt this will be standard year round pricing and that the rates will be adjusted somewhat to be within the same ballpark as other high end options in their general area so as to remain competitive.
    I wonder if it will provide all the Disney perks or, since it's not Disney owned, only some of the perks like the Swan and Dolphin.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by danlb_2000 View Post
    I wonder if it will provide all the Disney perks or, since it's not Disney owned, only some of the perks like the Swan and Dolphin.
    their website states they will offer private complimentary transportation that is both luxury (coach busses with cartoons) and on a set schedule (every 30 mins for MK and every hour for other parks) which is an upgrade on what disney offers in my opinion as well as character breakfasts and merchandise delivery which swan and dolphin do not offer I believe. furthermore from the designs they have posted they will beat out yacht and beach for the best on site resort pool by a fair margin, have an exclusive golf course that will rival those disney offers, and blow any on site fitness facility out of the water. as for the rooms you can't compare them to even a disney deluxe room from what I've seen based on quality even at just their most basic offerings and many rooms are said to have magic kingdom park views for fireworks which in and of itself is rare to find at wdw hotels. starting at 400 a night with their current offering this seems like a whole lot of bang for you buck when you get into the details. I love disney resorts don't get me wrong but i wouldn't just simply balk at this option like some have.