Walt Disney Face Character?

Hey everyone,

So Disney parks are particularly famous for being a place where you can see and meet your favourite Disney characters. They come in two types: costumed characters and face characters, and some appear frequently while others rarely.

But, has there been such thing as a Walter Disney face character? Browsing through some pictures I found this:

Name:  logo01.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  66.7 KB

It is from the Share a Dream Come True parade at WDW circa 2003-4. I never saw this parade, and it is the first time -ever- I've seen someone playing the actual Walt Disney at the parks (apart from Tom Hanks for Savin Mr. Banks).

I've found other pictures of that opening float and it seems the animator is represented by a random male rather than a Walt Disney impersonator:

Name:  sadct002.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  111.7 KB

I am quite surprised and in my opinion it is a bit creepy/tacky to do this. Has anybody seen any other instances where a Walt face character is represented in Disney Parks?

Re: Walt Disney Face Character?

Before I saw the picture, this parade immediately came into mind. I was a CP Cast Member in the Fall of 2004 and worked parade crowd control occasionally. I remember seeing this "Walt" characer at a animator's desk. But, there were multiple Walt characters riding on tricycles, not on a typical float. Sorry, no pictures just memories.

there were multiple Walt characters riding on tricycles

That sounds extremely creepy. I personally wouldn't like to see a Walt Disney character at the Disney Parks.

With pre-signed autographs?

Name:  Saving Banks.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  129.3 KB

I appreciate your idea but think it would degrade Walt's memory and wouldn't be appreciated by his family. Out of respect for someone as beloved as Walt was and continues to be, let's not bring him back as a character in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by lovechows View Post
    I appreciate your idea but think it would degrade Walt's memory and wouldn't be appreciated by his family. Out of respect for someone as beloved as Walt was and continues to be, let's not bring him back as a character in the park.
    Well but it seems they've already done it. That is what I pointed it out how creepy the idea seemed.