• former CM

Question For Micechattes in your 40s&50s, does the Pirates queue still have that smell?

I have a question for you Micechatters in your 40s and 50s who went to the Magic Kingdom when you were kids in the 1970s and early 80s:

Does that superbly themed, long, indoor queue before the ride still have that dank smell?

I loved that when I was a kid because I associated it with that attraction & Walt Disney World, and for decades after that when I encountered a certain rare (for me) stagnant water smell, I'd happily recall the Magic Kingdom's Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 09-11-2014 at 08:16 PM. Reason: typo

• Minion

Re: For Micechattes in your 40s&50s, does the Pirates queue still have that smell?

ORGOCH: Yeah, the place still stinks.

• former CM

Re: For Micechattes in your 40s&50s, does the Pirates queue still have that smell?

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORGOCH: Yeah, the place still stinks.
    But, witches, you mean that as a compliment, right?

• Minion

ORWEN: Pay no attention to the nasty old biddy behind the cauldron, jcruise86, duckling. Her breath is so bad that the only thing she ever smells is that and nothing else.

ORDDU: I think I know the sort of smell you're talking about. But it seems to come and go. You're less likely to smell it in the colder months. It's more of a summer or 'hot day' type of thing brought on by the humidity. It's a dank smell like one experiences in a deep, dark cellar.

So I'm not in my 40s or 50s, but I think I know exactly the smell you are talking about. Sometimes I'll catch a whiff at certain places - Rainforest Cafe comes to mind - and instantly think of Magic Kingdom.

• Done with MC.

To me, POTC WDW has much more of a moldy odor than it's Ca. counterpart.

I'm only 28 and know what you're talking about... I smell it sometimes in other places and when I do, I instantly think disney lol I love that disney smell!
    WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003, 2014
    Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2014

"Mustard... Yes, but MUSTARD?! Don't let's be silly!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I heard somewhere that there are 999 dead people living in The Haunted Mansion........

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm 40 and yep it sure does. And it's weird that I actually like the smell. Yeah I'm a weirdo. What's even funnier is if you drink from the water fountains near the ride, to me the water smells like the water in Pirates and probably tastes like it too. BLEGH. LOLOL!!