Fast pass choices?

So I am slowly getting to plan out of fast passes for our trip, just 29 days away! As I am reserving for Hollywood Studios, I have some questions about the rides.
    1. Is WDW's Toy Story Mania the same layout of Disneyland's? Or are there any changes that are a must to see? Same for the Little Mermaid ride, any changes?
    2. Do we really need to get a FP for the Beauty and the Beast show? I know for the Aladdin show, we usually just line up and are able to get in pretty quickly. So would it be the same for Beauty?
    3.Similar to #2, do we need a fast pass for great movie ride? I do want to go on it, but how busy does it really get?

Quick side note, the main reason we aren't doing Rock n Rollercoaster for one of the FPs, I'm not a thrill ride person at all really.

Thank you for your help!

•   
    • PHF

Blog Entries

Re: Fast pass choices?

Quote Originally Posted by Valmist View Post
    So I am slowly getting to plan out of fast passes for our trip, just 29 days away! As I am reserving for Hollywood Studios, I have some questions about the rides.
    1. Is WDW's Toy Story Mania the same layout of Disneyland's? Or are there any changes that are a must to see? Same for the Little Mermaid ride, any changes?
    2. Do we really need to get a FP for the Beauty and the Beast show? I know for the Aladdin show, we usually just line up and are able to get in pretty quickly. So would it be the same for Beauty?
    3.Similar to #2, do we need a fast pass for great movie ride? I do want to go on it, but how busy does it really get?

Quick side note, the main reason we aren't doing Rock n Rollercoaster for one of the FPs, I'm not a thrill ride person at all really.

Thank you for your help!
    Hi! Sounds like you're excited for your trip! Let me see if I can be of some help.

1. DHS & DCA both have exact clones of TSMM. The only difference is the queue. Same with the Little Mermaid ride, same ride, different (and better) queue. However, that ride is at Magic Kingdom in the New Fantasyland area, not DHS. The Voyage of The Little Mermaid at DHS is a show, not a ride.

2.FP+ reservations for shows are not worth it unless you really want to sit in the priority seating section.

3. A FP+ reservation for GMR is also a waste. The stand-by line drops to under 20 minute wait times frequently through out the day.

Also, will you make it down in time to catch the Frozen festivities at DHS before they end next month?

I will be going to DHS this Friday, and I included screenshots my FP+ process in my trip report, if you want to get an idea of what that is like.

Magic Kingdom Half Day Solo Trip

Hope I could be of some help!

Thank you for replying so quickly! Yes, we are beyond excited. We booked it over a year ago, and now it's less than a month away! Haha
    Thank you for clearing up the little mermaid confusion. Which do you enjoy more, the beauty and the beast show, or the little mermaid?
    Also I won't be there for the Frozen activities, I think I am a couple of days shy. Not completely sure though.

Once again, thank you! 😊

•   
    • PHF

Blog Entries

I haven't seen either in years, but if I had to choose one or the other, I would choose Little Mermaid strictly for the A/C.

Frozen festivities wrap up September 29th, so you should add the sing-a-long show, the parade and the fireworks to you plans for the day at DHS!

Glad I could help! Enjoy your trip!