• out & about

I Rode Space Mtn w/the Lights On... Tonight!

Tonight after MK closed they turned on the lights in Space Mountain and invited all the CMs to ride. Im not sure about the specific occassion or reason for the event but I do know it was COOL! Surprisingly it wasnt crowded and we rode three times (right track once. left track twice, its smoother).

It was quite an eye openeing experience. I always thought the loading area was in a seperate room (like at DL) but come to find out the loading area is in the hollow of the mtn... just like the track. The track looks old and worn. Theres nothing pretty about it. If your not careful you might lose a hand as there are some low hanging crossbars.

Personally, I thought the WDW version of SM left much to be desired so riding it with the lights on gave it and edge Ive never known back home at DL.

Besides riding Everest this is the most exciting thing that Ive been able to do since starting the College Program less than a month ago! If this pace keeps up it will be a very interesting 5 months.

If your curious about anything feel free to ask questions... I will answer the best I can.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Banned User

Re: I Rode Space Mtn w/the Lights On... Tonight!

I had to ride Space Mt with light on several years ago when our ride broke down just as we were reaching the top of the lift and drop down the first small hill. We came to a stop and had to wait for the CMs to come to assist us. They released vehicles one at a time, and we were the ride vehicle at the highest break point in the Omega track. It was fun but scary to see how high we were, and how close those overhead beams really are.

I also had the pleasure of riding Space Mountain with lights on at DL several years ago during the AP Party they threw at the DL one evening. ..and we also got to walk thru the satge of Country Bears that evening! Fun fun!!

WRDup, are you taking part in the international program? I'm hoping to do it from June-December. I've asked a few questions in the college program thread-if you'd like to share or offer any advice it would be great!

• Former Epcot CM

WRDup, if I'm correct, is taking part in the college program, which is slightly different from the international program in the periods of time it is on for and that the college program is for Americans.

Remember the Magic, I am very interested in doing the college program when I am old enough in two years time - could you give me a few hints on the process, etc, and let me know how you're getting on? It helps a lot you live in Ireland.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Speedway, I just attended the initial presentation on Tuesday! i'm not eligible for the summer program because i'm in my final year of college, so i can do it for 6 months or 12 months and study a subject with Disney University during that time. The earliest I can start is June 20th, the latest September 4th-I want to start in June so I can be home for Christmas. If you go into the college program thread you can ask questions too! There's some really nice people in there who have done it before.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Ooooh! I did that on my first College Program back in 2002! We did it five times. We had contests to see who could hold their arms straight up for the longest without chickening out.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Space Mountain with the lights on!?

ICK!!!

Hope you brought some dust clothes ...maybe some paint ... a few screws...