Transportation Questions. Help!

Okay another question! haha

Like I have mentioned before this is my boyfriend and my first trip to disney world, and we are very confused by the whole transportation deal. We are renting a car, and staying off property, we didn't want to rely on the hotels shuttle to WDW. So my big question is, where do we park? When we go to DL it's super easy, and we just park in Mickey and Friends. Though WDW is so much bigger, and I've read about monorails, a ferry, and busses to get to the parks.

I think I read somewhere there is a ticket center, and the monorail will take you to Magic Kingdom. Though do we go there for all of the parks? Or is there a separate parking structure for each park? Also how early should we get to the ticket center in order to get to the park by rope drop?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Transportation Questions. Help!

Each pack has it's own parking area. The MK's park is the Ticket And Tranportation Center, which also has buses to DHS and DAK but those buses take a long time. You only want to park there if park hopping. From the TTC there is a Monorail to the MK, and Ferries. Also from the TTC is a monorail to Epcot but it's better to park at Epcot itself unless hopping between MK and Epcot.

If you are hopping between parks you don't want to park at a park which closes before the other one because you may not get transportation back.

In general it's best when you have a car to just drive to each park when hopping, you pay for parking once for the whole day even when doing this.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • PotC Finger Chomp

Blog Entries

Re: Transportation Questions. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Valmist View Post
    We are renting a car, and staying off property, we didn't want to rely on the hotels shuttle to WDW. So my big question is, where do we park? When we go to DL it's super easy, and we just park in Mickey and Friends. Though WDW is so much bigger, and I've read about monorails, a ferry, and busses to get to the parks.
    As swampymarsh stated, each park has it's own parking lot that will cost you $17 dollars to park one day at all parks.

Whatever you do, make sure your rental car does not have leather interior. There are no covered parking structures, only hot parking lots.

I think I read somewhere there is a ticket center, and the monorail will take you to Magic Kingdom. Though do we go there for all of the parks? Or is there a separate parking structure for each park?
    The monorail will take you from the Ticket and Transportation center to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, or the 3 resorts on the Seven Seas Lagoon; Polynesian, Contemporary, and Grand Floridian. Ferries also take you from TTC to MK, and the buses run from all resorts to all the parks, water parks and to Downtown Disney. Buses also go to TTC. The only route buses don't take is between resorts, meaning you can't take a bus from Polynesian to Fort Wilderness Lodge. But you could take the monorail from Polynesian to MK, then catch a bus or boat to FWL.

If you want to go only to Magic Kingdom for the day, park at TTC.

If you are visiting only DHS, DAK, or Epcot for the day, park at the parking lot at the park.

If you are planning on visiting both Magic Kingdom and Epcot for the day, park at TTC and use the monorail to travel between parks.

If you are planning on visiting any other combination of parks for the day, park at TTC if you are starting the day in MK or Epcot. If you are starting the day at DHS or DAK, park at their respective parking lots and use buses to travel between parks.

Also how early should we get to the ticket center in order to get to the park by rope drop?
    I would recommend getting to the TTC 45 minutes before park opening at Magic Kingdom. That will give you enough time to park, take the tram up to TTC, take a monorail or ferry to MK, & get though the gates in time for rope drop. They allow you to enter the park 15 minutes before park opening to get to the hub for rope drop.

Transformation Through Adventure

"If you go somewhere you've never been before, try something you've never done before, see something you've never seen before, that experience alone makes you a new person. You are transformed. If you go out and seek adventure, adventure itself will change you and you will be transformed."
    -Joe Rohde

PlutoHasFleas: The MiceChat Blog