Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    • WDW & Universal in Sept!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chico, CA
    Posts
    27

    Talking Going to WDW in Sept. Questions about Downtown Disney

    I was wondering if anyone has any recent pictures of downtown disney?

    I know they are doing heavy renovation so i was wondering if there is still resteraunts and bars open or if the majority of it is closed?

    Any updates about it is much appreciated!




    Fairytale Wedding at Disneyland - July 2013

  2. #2

    •   
    • PHF
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mathmagic Land
    Posts
    1,841
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Going to WDW in Sept. Questions about Downtown Disney

    I would steer clear of DTD during your September visit. If you are seeking entertaining night-life, I would recomend checking out Jellyrolls and Dance Hall at the Boardwalk.

  3. #3

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,826

    Re: Going to WDW in Sept. Questions about Downtown Disney

    The restaurants & shops are open at DTD but it's a parking and construction wall nightmare right now.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    236

    Re: Going to WDW in Sept. Questions about Downtown Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by disneygeek24 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has any recent pictures of downtown disney?

    I know they are doing heavy renovation so i was wondering if there is still resteraunts and bars open or if the majority of it is closed?

    Any updates about it is much appreciated!
    Here is a photo update from last week:

    Orlando Theme Park News | Daily Updates and Photo-Reports Covering Central Florida's Attractions: Disney Springs Update: Saratoga Bridge Open (PART 1)

    As others have said, things are open but there are a lot of construction walls and parking is a mess.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    278

    Re: Going to WDW in Sept. Questions about Downtown Disney

    The movie theater is open, right? I have two AMC tickets I'm hoping to use when I'm there...
    Just a lurker now. ._.

    WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003, 2014
    Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2014

  6. #6

    •   
    • PHF
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mathmagic Land
    Posts
    1,841
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Going to WDW in Sept. Questions about Downtown Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by hadla View Post
    The movie theater is open, right? I have two AMC tickets I'm hoping to use when I'm there...
    Yes. What are you planning on seeing?

  7. #7

    • WDW & Universal in Sept!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chico, CA
    Posts
    27

    Re: Going to WDW in Sept. Questions about Downtown Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
    I would steer clear of DTD during your September visit. If you are seeking entertaining night-life, I would recomend checking out Jellyrolls and Dance Hall at the Boardwalk.
    Awesome thanks for the tips about the boardwalk. I figured that it was going to be a parking mess and walls everywhere.

    We have gift certificates to house of blues and t-rex/rainforest cafe. Anyone know if those are open?

    If anything we can use the rainforest one at animal kingdom but was hoping to check out t-rex.

    Thanks for the tips everyone and thanks danlb_2000 for the pics.




    Fairytale Wedding at Disneyland - July 2013

  8. #8

    •   
    • PHF
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mathmagic Land
    Posts
    1,841
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Going to WDW in Sept. Questions about Downtown Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by disneygeek24 View Post
    Awesome thanks for the tips about the boardwalk. I figured that it was going to be a parking mess and walls everywhere.

    We have gift certificates to house of blues and t-rex/rainforest cafe. Anyone know if those are open?

    If anything we can use the rainforest one at animal kingdom but was hoping to check out t-rex.

    Thanks for the tips everyone and thanks danlb_2000 for the pics.
    They're open. T-Rex is awesome. There's all kinds of AAs and a meteor shower every hour. It's probably one of the coolest restaurants I have ever been to.

  9. #9

    • WDW & Universal in Sept!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chico, CA
    Posts
    27

    Re: Going to WDW in Sept. Questions about Downtown Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
    They're open. T-Rex is awesome. There's all kinds of AAs and a meteor shower every hour. It's probably one of the coolest restaurants I have ever been to.
    Cool we will for sure check it out then! Thanks




    Fairytale Wedding at Disneyland - July 2013

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Questions about Downtown Disney restaurants
    By tamasurvivor in forum So. Cal. Restaurant Reviews
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 10:12 PM
  2. [Question] TONS of questions about Tokyo Disney
    By asramears in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 06:53 AM
  3. Questions about "The Disney Look"
    By TDLFAN in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 08:20 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 03:01 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 01:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •