Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's Frozen Hot, Fun Time at Disney World

Other people may want to use their valuable fastpasses for rides. I chose my first fastpass to be a photo with Mickey Mouse. After all, didn't Walt Disney say, that we must not forget that "It All Started With A Mouse". I figured this Magic Kingdom day should start that way as well.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When I left the Theatre, I got a pleasant surprise. Snow White was meeting guests outside. I got in the line for a photo.

Cool. Did Mickey talk to you? He kind of took us by surprise last year when he wished my brother a Happy Birthday when we came in.

•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

First FP+ for a Mickey m&g? Interesting. Was that a good idea? Was there a line for him that early?
    PlutoHasFleas: The MiceChat Blog

"You are not the first to pass this way, but honestly, it's been a while." - Maelstrom

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have this fascination with this clock on Main Street. I remember it from my very first trip ever to the Magic Kingdom, back in 1997. So now, whenever, I see it in Magic Kingdom, I point the camera at it, and take a picture. On this morning, I was fortunate enough to have asked the Photopass Photographer if he would take my picture with the clock. He kindly consented , and I got several very nice shots.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

As you can see by this next picture, I was finally getting close to the Hub. My very favorite area in the park. I cannot rush ahead, for any rides, until I have visited and at least photographed a few of the statues there. This time, I believe I got them all. Walt & Mickey, and all the character mini's. Especially Pinocchio, and my favorite Cricket.

The photopass photographer took this last one. It is very difficult to get a picture in this area of the park, where there are not many other strangers in the picture along with you. That's just the way it is. Sometimes, the backs/sides/fronts/faces/etc;/etc; of other people can be quite unflattering.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Is the castle the most photographed thing in the park? Maybe. Maybe not. I take my share of photographs of it, that's for sure. Here are some, along with a few pics of Cinderella's Wishing Well. I passed the wishing well, on my way to Fantasyland.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It was now about 10 o'clock in the morning, and time for my 2nd fastpass. This fastpass was for the new roller coaster themed after the Seven dwarves. I was really looking forward to riding it. My first stop before the fastpass entrance, would be the restroom. One is definitely more comfortable on a ride, after answering mother nature's call.

I am sorry to report that I did not get to use my fastpass at this point in time. The roller coaster was having technical difficulties, and was not operating at this time. The CM's stationed at the ride, were notifying guests, that our fastpasses would be good all day, if the ride became operational later in the day. We were also told that we would be receiving an e-mail shortly containing other info about the fastpass procedure for rides that go down.

So, I was off to do other things.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I passed by Gaston's restaurant, and took just a few photos. I was headed toward the Little Mermaid Ride. I was hoping the wait for that would be minimal.

I was right. I basically walked on the ride. I always enjoy this ride, and the line is all inside where it was nice and cool. Have I told you how hot it was on this day, and all of my other days. Temperatures in the 90's. Heat Index in the 100's. Hard to stay cool, but rides like Little Mermaid, sure helped. Not too much to photograph here, when the line moved so quickly. When I board the ride, I always put the camera away. If I try to take a pic on the ride, it just turns out blurry anyway.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Next up, is a favorite ride of mine. Even if the teacups are a bit snug. Fun to sit, and spin, or just sit, and not spin. Fun to watch other people spin, and scream. Or sit, and spin, and not scream at all. Fun to watch the doormouse pop out of the tea pot in the middle. He is a door mouse isn't it? Perhaps a distant relative of Mickey. Or maybe Minnie.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So what attraction had only a 10 minute wait? Can you guess, by the sign?

Can you guess by the line? I always have trouble spelling queue.

Surely this gives it away.

If you guessed Mickey's Philharmagic, you are right, and you get a Gold Star. That's another good place to head when you want to get out of the heat in Florida.

I do love this attraction. It is always fun, and Donald makes me laugh. I love the music, and all of the special effects.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My third fastpass was for Peter Pan. Another attraction where I never get any pics. All I did was take two pictures of their sign.

I enjoy the Peter Pan ride. It is amazing how this ride, which is only about a minute long tells the story so well. It is fun riding that pirate ship through the sky. All the characters are there, and the end always makes me chuckle, when I see what trouble Hook has gotten himself into.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess the Tangled Bathroom is the most well known bathroom in the park. It is definitely themed very nicely to the movie. It has Rapunzel's Tower, and the well known Lanterns. They are breathtaking in the movie, and fun to photograph in the park.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I left Fantasyland, at this point and headed toward Liberty Square. I walked around the Rivers of America. I found myself drawn to another favorite indoor attraction that would get me out of the heat. Surely, You can guess this one. It will be coming up next.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
    Awesome! I always wondered how the Magical Express works. You have to check in at a desk I guess to confirm?
    The Magical Express Feature is very nice. They sent me a booklet about three or four weeks before my trip, and my voucher for Magical Express was in there. When I entered that area at the airport, there were plenty of Disney employees there to help direct me to the proper bus. They scanned my booklet, and told me which line to get into. They would have also scanned my band instead, if I had been wearing it. However, I did not put it on yet.

Those are some really good shots of AoA.
    Originally I wanted to stay at AOA, but when I got the offer for the free Memory Maker, I had to switch to Pop Century, which was fine. I had fun doing a bit of exploring at AOA. If I had had more time, it would have been fun to eat in their food court. They had some different food choices.

Quote Originally Posted by nzl kiwi View Post
    I've been looking forward to your report Barbaraann and all your photos. Keep it coming - I am enjoying it a lot.
    I guess I have a following. This report will take a while. Thanks for looking.

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
    Wow! Great trip report so far! Really great, detailed pictures! I have never seen AoA & PC like that! It makes me want to stay there!
    I take a lot of pics. I could never show them all here. Lots more to come. I am only on day one, and I had 5 days in the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kateyandstitch View Post
    Great pictures! I alway love your trip reports!!
    Thanks for the kind words. This is why, I take the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Great photos. It looks like we all had a great trip!
    By we, if you mean me. I did. I can't believe it's over already. Now I have my pics to remind me of all the fun that I had.

Cool. Did Mickey talk to you? He kind of took us by surprise last year when he wished my brother a Happy Birthday when we came in.
    No, Mickey did not talk to me. I look funny in some of those pictures with my camera. I guess there was a lot of glare. The photopass pic came out better.

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
    First FP+ for a Mickey m&g? Interesting. Was that a good idea? Was there a line for him that early?
    Mickey's Meet and Greet being in the front of the park like that, made me think that it was a good idea to do that first. Same way, that I saved, the best for last, with my very last fastpass. Stick around long enough with this trip report, and you'll find out what that was.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast