• Having a Grand Day!

A New Chef Mickey Logo: Another Work of DrNC's Boredom

Well It happened again: boredom. I won't explain to much, just show you:

This is the style I would like to see the resturant take on to match the rest of the 'New' Contemporary resort - sort of a blend of the Toon and the Modern. I admit the logo's I've made don't entriely match the style of the carpet and new signage -

- I detirmened my own style before I got to see photo's. The style used fit's in better than my postmodern style, and I like theirs better, but I'm to lazy to change.

I'm very exited with what's happening to the contemporary and can't wait to see what the plan's are for the rest of the resort - I'm going to hold out Vacationing there till it is completly done and everything is brand new.

If you wonder why I post threads like this, which contain nothing but designs and my opinions about subjects I'm passionate about, you seriously need to move to a different time zone to the majority of posters, then get bored!

• Banned User

Re: A New Chef Mickey Logo: Another Work of DrNC's Boredom

The sad part is... the new Chef Mickey logo is nice but the Contemporary restaurant is garbage. Looks like a glorified McDonald's. I have had the pleasure of eating at Chef Mickey's at TDR's Ambassador and HKDL's Hollywood Hotel, and those two Chef Mickey Restaurants are classy. Shame on WDW for not making their Chef Mickey a memorable experience.

• Banned User

The Contemporary will be getting a new Chef Mickey's in the future. We shall see what is in store...

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    The sad part is... the new Chef Mickey logo is nice but the Contemporary restaurant is garbage. Looks like a glorified McDonald's. I have had the pleasure of eating at Chef Mickey's at TDR's Ambassador and HKDL's Hollywood Hotel, and those two Chef Mickey Restaurants are classy. Shame on WDW for not making their Chef Mickey a memorable experience.
    Sweetheart, if the service and food quality continued to be what I experienced the other night, they could make it look like Toontown and I wouldn't care. Besides, it's Chef Mickey, not Victoria & Albert's.

I can experience all the "classy" buffets I want for the same price down the road at Wynn or Paris (haven't tried Bellagio but I hear it's similar) yet I couldn't get food as yummy or drink refills as quickly at those places as I could at CM. Guess which one I care about more, having a full glass or marble floors with gold frilly things? That CM lacked a smoking section and had the presence of characters only made it better.
    Last edited by MickeyMania; 02-14-2006 at 01:36 PM.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    TDLFAN, You must remember we are talking about 1998 here. Glorified McDonalds were cool back then. Things have changed - McDonalds in Australia have been loosing so much Buisness that they have started a plan to Renovate ALL their restraunts in the same Contemporary style as the new rooms at the Hotel.

The rumored plans for the new resturaunt is for something more Adult but still keeping the characters - Much like the resturants in the 'Hollywood' style hotels... Except in the same brown wood style of the rooms. There will be some minor painting coming to the concourse very soon, but the complete rip out and re-do wont come untill the rooms have been finished as to not make a major impact on the resort by taking down to many facilities - This should be Some Time in 2007.

(BTW that was fan artwork by me, not official)

• WDW FAN

I can't wait til August....hint hint hint

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by gwbeachjr
    I can't wait til August....hint hint hint
    Neither Can I...