Wildness Lodge question

Hello,

I am going to WDW this May and hoping on staying at Wildness Lodge but the rates went up. It cost around 3,000 for 7 days. Does anybody know of deal with this hotel? I thought, I saw that in ad with Superhero parents that Disney had some deals with Vacation packages for around $2,5000.

In the past, I have stayed in Fort Wildnes Camp Grounds, Dixie Landings, All Star Sports, and Hilton Orlando by Downtown Disney.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Wildness Lodge question

The best place to check for deals on hotels and anything Disney is mousesavers.com I'm sure if there is some type of deal, that's where you'll find it.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe
    Hello,

I am going to WDW this May and hoping on staying at Wildness Lodge but the rates went up. It cost around 3,000 for 7 days. Does anybody know of deal with this hotel? I thought, I saw that in ad with Superhero parents that Disney had some deals with Vacation packages for around $2,5000.

In the past, I have stayed in Fort Wildnes Camp Grounds, Dixie Landings, All Star Sports, and Hilton Orlando by Downtown Disney.
    It's $1,500... and it also states in the fine print (it's also on the WDW website) that it's for two adults, one junior, and one child in a VALUE Resort. Wilderness Lodge is a Deluxe Resort.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

3000 for 7 nights works out to be about $428/night, which, even if you're including tax, is an extreme rate for the Wilderness Lodge.

Standard rooms at that resort usually begin at $200-250/night. Are you sure the reservation agent wasn't quoting you concierge level prices?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Let me just say as a fan, if you can do it even for only a few nights (I dont know if Disneys tour planners can comprhend teh whole swtiching hotels thing though in a package) try to go to the Lodge. It is amazing, even for only say 2 nights of your trip.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by iAmJacksDLand
    3000 for 7 nights works out to be about $428/night, which, even if you're including tax, is an extreme rate for the Wilderness Lodge.

Standard rooms at that resort usually begin at $200-250/night. Are you sure the reservation agent wasn't quoting you concierge level prices?
    Remember that the packages also includes prices for tickets as well... so I'd assume that the $3000 quote included hotel and tickets like most all packages include.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I always book my Walt Disney World vacations this way. I call and book a room only reservation. You are only required to give a one night deposit on the room. I have a AAA card, so I ask for that discount. I then purchase my own park tickets, usually online.

You did not say how many people this $3000 trip quote was for. If it is for 4 people, that sounds about right. If it's for only yourself, that is definitely high.

I never book a package at WDW, because I like the flexibility of a room only reservation..

Of course, if you want the dining plan, then you must buy a package.

A very helpful planning book is the Disney World Passporter. It has lots of information on resorts, tickets, it includes phone numbers, websites, and lots of good hints.

May 11 - 16, 2015

4 people are going.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I believe 4 people at the Wilderness Lodge for that price is reasonable. If that is a package that includes room and tickets, I think it is priced correctly.

I have always wanted to stay at the Wilderness. Actually, I want to stay at each and everyone one of the Disney Resorts, some time in my future. That's lots of future Disney World Vacations, to accomplish my goal.

May 11 - 16, 2015