Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

FP be gone for good!!

I wish... but to no avail yet. But I was wondering if Disney will sooner or later decide to follow Universal Studios' lead and get rid of the FP system for once and for all or better yet... make it an optional add on for a nominal price at the ticket window...

Seems to me Universal finally saw the proverbial light and came to the same conclusion I have argued here time and time again.... FP doesn't really enhance the Disney experience for the majority of guests, forcing others to stand by or skip taking a FP for an appointment time that does conflict with previous plans, or do not allow for limited time day guests to enjoy some of the offering once FPs are gone... And this problem is even most disturbing and apparent during heavy attendance days..

While the "Pay for your Line cutting benefit" is new at Universal Orlando, and is now the only option available to guests in that regard (no more Universal Express system thank you very much this system has been in use quite succesfully at Universal Studios Japan for a few months now...and has worked wonders there for the bottom line and moves the stand by lines a lot quicker as well... It's a win-win situation for both guests and management. Plus the best part of it is... based on projected attendance, only a percentage of "Front of Line" passes are sold per day at USJ, just to make sure those who do skip on the deal can also have a chance of not being inconvenienced by a huge number of guests having the right to skip to the front of the line. It's such a simple idea, yet so effective. If you get there too late.. you will be seeing the "Express Passes are sold out for today" sign.. It's great!

Concidering how hungry for your cash Disney can be... it's only obvious for them to go this way as well and remove FP out of the parks as it is now offered. They can earn their extra dough while pleasing those of us who see the cons of FP in a bigger spectrum. But Disney has no guts... so it probably won't happen.

So let the "nay sayers" take over this topic now...

Re: FP be gone for good!!

I agree 100% in the removal of the FP system. I feel it is one of the factors which has caused a decline in the atmosphere in the parks, and increase in the crowded feeling on not that busy of days. You have people tripping over each other, instead of waiting in line. Yes, it sucks to wait in line for an hour and a half for a ride..but the lines do move much faster when FP is not in the picture.

My vote, take out the FP completely, no special pass or purchase option!

Now who made the great decision to have Fireworks right at closing time?.....oooops thread drift.

• Fastpass Hater

I like it, a limited amout available that you have to pay for. Sounds good.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I say ditch it, and ditch it completely. The pay for a FP is worse. Six Flags does that and it's wcked expensive, and there are still as many people doing it...so on a crowded dayyou are still going to be waiting to use this FP...just you'll down even more money. No.
    If they have to have it it better be free, or they can just ditch it totally.

• Huh?

I believe they're going to be moving towards this at some point, anyway... so, really, no speculation, but it *will* happen at WDW eventually -- only available to Hotel guests and such. Which makes sense -- other services, like extra magic hours, are available to only hotel guests, after all.
    -Tim

• Hello there

Blog Entries

They should get rid of FP all together. I don't even want it to be an option to buy. There is no reason why people who can afford extra luxuries and those who can't need to be separated so much in the park. The park is supposed to be for everyone. I don't think everyone needs to stand on line why the more finacial capable others don't need to stand on the line. Keep that type of segragation out of WD.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess
    I don't even want it to be an option to buy. There is no reason why people who can afford extra luxuries and those who can't need to be separated so much in the park. The park is supposed to be for everyone. I don't think everyone needs to stand on line why the more finacial capable others don't need to stand on the line. Keep that type of segragation out of WD.
    Yeah, it's bad enough park admission is as expensive as it is already. But to add on another $20 or more to get Fast Passes? No thanks.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I have always been on the FP removal side, however I've never actually had the chance to use it until the other day.

I'll have more opinions in my monster-sized trip report (or the tiny-sized trip report that may appear if the big one is too much work.)

• Banned User

get rid of FP, not entirely though... on some rides offer it... some rides can handle FP and stand by quite well.. if they have a loading for FP and Standby, then drag some stand byu over to equal the wait.. it works.. (space mountain does it to a sence)

omnimovers do not need it.. so take it off of Buzz, pooh, and whatever...

Offer it on new attracxtions then a year later, remove it..

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, you already know us Cauldron girls are with you on this, TDLFAN, duckling! No witch wants to have to compete with other guests--any more than you normally would, anyway--over trying to get a Fast pass in order to ride something quicker than the next witch. I say we should have a more equal chance to do the attractions--just like we USED to have BEFORE there was anything known as Fast Pass!!!

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I like Fastpass, and I'm not a local to either one of the parks. It helped us get a lot done and was a tripsaver in Christmas season of 2003. I agree that it doesn't need to be on a lot of attractions, and I suppose I would be pro-slowly phasing it out, but if it was a choice between what we get now and no fastpass, I think I'd have to go with Fastpass. It's never hindered our park experience.

• Inappropriate

I'm going to agree with Twist o' Fate on this one. I know we're the minority here, but i'm not local to either park, and i've never had a problem with fastpass. I do agree, however that some rides don't need it at all, like the omnimover ride (Buzz, haunted mansion, other things i can't think of right now..) But for other rides it's great. Over used, yes, but if you know how to use it properly it really comes in handy. Because of fastpass, i'm able to do everything i want to do on my trips.
    I rememebr Disney parks pre-fastpass. I definately prefer the abused little system.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    I'm going to agree with Twist o' Fate on this one. I know we're the minority here, but i'm not local to either park, and i've never had a problem with fastpass. I do agree, however that some rides don't need it at all, like the omnimover ride (Buzz, haunted mansion, other things i can't think of right now..) But for other rides it's great. Over used, yes, but if you know how to use it properly it really comes in handy. Because of fastpass, i'm able to do everything i want to do on my trips.
    I rememebr Disney parks pre-fastpass. I definately prefer the abused little system.
    I to have to side with both Twist o' Fate and Pizzapants. I also belive that fastpass has it's place at Disney. I to do not live close to either park so un like people who can go more regularly know how much fp helps me see the most possible in the short time I have. Not all the rides need it but some do (Splash Mountain ect...). I for one would not suport paying more for fastpass privalages either. The system is plenty fair as it is right now. It has never caused any problems in my visit. As Pizzapants said if you use it properly it is really handy. I also remember the parks pre-fastpass I'll take the fastpass system any day.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Disney Memory Maker

I love Fastpass, and with the exception of just a few rides (especially RnRC), I would hate to see it removed. Most rides, it works wonders on (like Soarin' and Peter Pan). As long as you take advantage of it, you should be fine (ie, using it even after the time period, etc). Sure, some attractions don't really need them (like the shows), but for most, it really helps (especially for those of us that don't go many times a year).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover
    Not all the rides need it but some do (Splash Mountain ect...). I for one would not suport paying more for fastpass privalages either.
    But see, that's the problem: If you put FP on Splash Mountain, people will grab FPs then go get in line for a ride without FP. The line for the rides without FP get longer because of it. And rides with FP next to each other? Woof! Lines get REALLY long. I stood in a line for Living With The Land that was far longer than the number of people waiting would suggest because of FP. Now, I (and probably many others) did this attraction when we did because we had an FP for Soarin' right next door, but just because I got to go immediately to Soarin' after getting off LWTL is no excuse for the wait time I had for LWTL, especially if I didn't have FastPass.

So there's a philosophical, mathematical quandry here.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast