Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Test Track has reopened.

FYI.. TT has reopened but don't expect too many changes in there. The line and music still pretty much the same... When I rode today, the singles' line was posting a 20 mins wait.. I went in and took only 2 minutes for me to actually reach the platform and be seated on the ride vehicle.. As a single, I was made to walk pass the preshow holding area (CM told me not to wait for the preshow..to just go out the other set of doors...odd) But it expedited my wait time to the shortest time ever.
    First minor difference I noticed (or maybe it was there before but can't remember??) was the onboard announcement as soon as we departed the platform... "Seat blet check coming up around the corner jada jada" then in spanish again... Off we went. I noticed new projected images of caution-style yello signs on the uphill ramp as the ride begins.. The rest of the ride was basically untouched. Once we arrive at the dummy crash scene (after swaying around the truck in the dark)..the old red car prop that used to crash at high speed on the wall, but later made to be a static non-moving prop, has been replaced by a white mini van that shakes but I does not crash against the wall as the old prop did when the ride opened. However, you still hear the crash sound effect and wind blowing (to simulate the preassure of the crash) as you enter the scene. I guess that is sort of an improvement but still not as good as the scene was originally conceived and performed. Once outside... the same old thing.. you get a very unflattering view of EPCOT's backstage as you pick up speed (why can't they enclose this backstage outdoor track with a tunnel-like cover??)... Pick up speed and hit the round-about banked turn around the Building. I still getthis uneasy feeling that one of these days, a vehicle will jump the track and a huge accident with kill this ride forever... It's the rough way the vehicle hits the banked turn...seems abrupt to me still to this day.. Let's hope not.

On other EPCOT news... They have added the "Seimens" name to the painted flat signs at the entrance to Spaceship Earth, so I guess that makes the sponsorship official.

Epcot was looking nice and as clean as it could be, which is apar with my observations over time... meaning EPCOT continues to be the cleanest and best maintained park out of the 4 main parks on WDW property.

Also, Turtle Cruch... long long line. It covered most of the space available in between the two escalators leading to the upper level of the Living Seas.. No FP there, so for those of you who do not enjoy waiting...so get ther early or late late in the day before the pavillion closes. According to the CM, the waittime was about 30 mins. Outside, there was no Dori statue on the photo spot reef, and NO bubbles either. This photo spot just doesn't seem to get a break, especially with so many kids walking on the edge of it. I asked a CM nearby about the Dori statue.. his answer..."Oh? I didn't know something was missing!!" If it was up to me, *he* would be missing from the payroll list.

One more thing... I only went to EPCOT but there was a little backup at the front of the park to enter...at around 4:30pm. BEWARE if you are going this weekend.. The holiday weekend crowds are arriving already and hitting the parks..and while EPCOT was not too busy, it was more crowded than what I anticipated.. and will get much worst as the weekend progresses...

• Sock Puppet

Re: Test Track has reopened.

Hmm...I haven't ridden Test Track in a long time. The line is always too long and I'm not that fond of the ride.

Now that you mention it, I think EPCOT is the cleanest out of the four parks...not that I really remember any of the others being dirty. Magic Kingdom is probably the dirtiest because it gets the most business, is that right?

And about the photo spot, is it regularly missing fish and props?

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    First minor difference I noticed (or maybe it was there before but can't remember??) was the onboard announcement as soon as we departed the platform... "Seat blet check coming up around the corner jada jada" then in spanish again...
    Yes, that's been there for a while. Also, I believe the entire queue/loading areas were repainted & the preshow rooms have been given a someone different look (with flatscreen TVs). Also, on WDWMagic, people kept talking about how the air-conditioner is functioning now. As I really don't remember too well (in the summer, anything feels cool), was the AC not working before?

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by karamie
    Hmm...I haven't ridden Test Track in a long time. The line is always too long and I'm not that fond of the ride.
    Funny that you mention that... I took the pic below with my cellphone...what you see is the FP line which was out the door, but the Single and Standby lines were short!! What gives?? It was 6:10pm when I took this picture!!! And NO, the ride had NOT stopped due to mechanical reasons.. It was operating as normally as possible!! I don't get it at all!!!

Now that you mention it, I think EPCOT is the cleanest out of the four parks...Magic Kingdom is probably the dirtiest because it gets the most business, is that right?
    I don't think the amount of business it gets makes any difference... It's the amount of work they put into. TDL deals with heavier crowd traffic and the park looks as clean as it did on opening day 1983 and no cracks on the floors either (and they have earthquakes on a regular basis!!!). I can tell when the MK has been preassured cleaned or not in any of my visits, just by looking at the conditions of the floors and sidewalks.. I have had several Custodial CM's admit to me that the MK does not get preassured washed on a nightly schedule anymore.. and it's not that difficult to believe it. Dirt spots like the ones I see around the park just don't spring up in a matter of hours.. Something is not right with maintenance and my estimation is... POOR staffing levels and lack of budgets. Still... compared to other theme parks out there...the MK is clean to some degree, but does not excell anymore as it did...say 10 yrs ago.

And about the photo spot, is it regularly missing fish and props?
    No. But the Dori character has been missing for quite some time now... I wonder if someone walked off with it... after hours.. Hmmm...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Yes, that's been there for a while. Also, I believe the entire queue/loading areas were repainted & the preshow rooms have been given a someone different look (with flatscreen TVs). Also, on WDWMagic, people kept talking about how the air-conditioner is functioning now. As I really don't remember too well (in the summer, anything feels cool), was the AC not working before?

-Michael
    Honestly Mike? I didn't notice any different from before, but then again... I used the singles line and walked thru that entire preshow area in less than a minute. No time to look around for anything. Actually I felt weird that I walked past everyone in line and was immediately told to go into the briefing room and onto the loading platform, where I was assigned my row to board. It all took 90 secs at the most.

Of course TT has reopened ... the race at Daytona Speedway is this weekend and a lot of the NASCAR crowd will be at WDW.

I'm sorry, but not the least bit surprised, to hear they never fixed the crash test effect -- one of the best and most expensive of the ride.

As to your Epcot observations about cleanliness and upkeep over the other parks, I would agree except for DAK, which still is maintained to a high level -- although since it's not even 8-years-old yet, it should. But compared to the MK and Disney-MGM Studios, Epcot is almost perfect!

• Banned User

WDW1974.... You need to compare with TDR... as SEE the difference.

WDW1974.... You need to compare with TDR... as SEE the difference.
    I'm hoping for it later this year ... my first conquest will be DLP in May.

• Sock Puppet

I hope to someday see the difference too. But I also thought that DAK was pretty well-maintained.

^^IMHO, it is very well maintained. But being so new and having animals where you have to maintain their enclosures, I'm sure factors in.

DAK also has the best quality exec of all the Florida parks in VP Beth Stevens.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I loved test track great to hear it is reopened

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    As to your Epcot observations about cleanliness and upkeep over the other parks, I would agree except for DAK, which still is maintained to a high level -- although since it's not even 8-years-old yet, it should. But compared to the MK and Disney-MGM Studios, Epcot is almost perfect!
    Really? In my experience, DAK was the least clean of the four parks. I'm not trained from years spent visiting WDW like you two, but it was far and away worse than the rest in the bathroom test and I rarely saw sweepers. I didn't spend enough time at DAK to make further impressions than that, but my multiple bathroom experiences there were gross. MK was spotty, it depended on the area. I plan to get to that in the next part of my write-up.

• Banned User

Most of you seem to forget... DAK is 75% bushes. They look pretty and effectively transports people to a "jungle" like atmosphere... I feel EC is still the best maintained, but in regards to DAK.. I have noticed a decline in the upkeep there to some degree.... Those bushes are becoming a bit messy and out of control, and the walkways are looking a bit grundgy looking... one of my biggest petpeeves.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Most of you seem to forget... DAK is 75% bushes.
    Lmao, then way to go for the shrubbery!!

I'm glad it reopened...can't say I noticed it closed. 2 mintues though, that is well worth it. That is a good wait time.

And for the CM by Living Seas, not everyone they hire can be Mr Ultra-Anal to notice eveychange like we would. If he was polite and nice, thats what matters.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I miss that crash test effect too...one of the best effects on the ride in my opinion, that if you see it once, the replacements can never repair.

And as for cleanliness? I know I don't go as much as a lot of the "experts" here, but I always found Epcot to be the cleanest as well....as for DAK? Maybe it's just the bathrooms I've used, but I really try not to use any in DAK, since I tend to find them dirtier than the others...the redeeming quality about them though? Gotta love those hand dryers...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast