Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

Does EPCOT have a Parade?

If not now, did they ever? Does the park even have a parade route?

thanks

FF
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

• Huh?

Re: Does EPCOT have a Parade?

Don't think they do now, but they did have in recent times Tapestry of Nations followed by a slightly altered, yet butchered, Tapestry of Dreams.
    -Tim

• Banned User

Except for the parade of bad fashions...? NO, there is no parade currently playing at EPCOT Center.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Epcot CENTER ??? which parade btw

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Epcot CENTER ??? which parade btw
    Tapestry of Nations, which premiered in Oct 1999 and ran thru the whole Millenium Celebration at Epcot. When the parade was very slightly altered and re-named Parade of Dream during the "100 Yrs of Magic" celebration. I think it was finally canceled at the end of 2002 or early 2003... or so.

• Weaned on Disney

They definitely used to. The parade route was around the World Showcase. The last time it was around was about 4-5 years ago.
    Spinning on that dizzy edge.

• Sock Puppet

I loved that parade. I thought everything about it was very neat.

It's pretty much certain that Epcot will get a new parade for its 25th Anniversary next year.

Disney will likely make an announcement at Everest's media opening in April.

• Banned User

I wonder which parade from TDR they will import since DLP and HKDL have benefited from OLC's parades...
    j/k

• Sock Puppet

I hope it's similar to Tapestry of Dreams or whatever the parade was called, I can't keep it straight. Somehow, I doubt it will be...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well didnt' they import Cinderellabration from TDL and proudly announce they had attractions from the sister parks overseas?

• Banned User

Is the Cinderellabration in WDW just a daytime show and not a nightime one as well like TDL Lights of Romance?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Well didnt' they import Cinderellabration from TDL and proudly announce they had attractions from the sister parks overseas?
    Well the Cinderellabration we got at the MK is a sorry arse excuse to the much bigger, more lavish, more fulfilling nightime version from TDL, so I would not concider it an "import", but a pale attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by disneymickey
    Is the Cinderellabration in WDW just a daytime show and not a nightime one as well like TDL Lights of Romance?
    Correct. the MK's Cinderellabration is a show built with minimal effort and designed to be performed 6-8 times a day. The TDL version is a lavish show with over 60 performers, castle projections and lighting effects, a HUGE fiber optic covered stage, the *works*, and comes with the added spectacle of lightup archways all around the hub. The show is so big, it can only be presented at the most once or twice nightly.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I'm not big on princesses and romantic drama, but the lighting in the second picture is beatiful. I might not walk out every time if they had something like that.

I guess the more important question is, do they have to keep closing the castle gate all day long to do it?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I'm not big on princesses and romantic drama, but the lighting in the second picture is beatiful. I might not walk out every time if they had something like that.

I guess the more important question is, do they have to keep closing the castle gate all day long to do it?
    To answer your question... NO (and yes). This show is only performed at night, so the castle's gate is open for most of the day, but do to the preparations for the show at night, it usually closes about 60-75 before show time. Reopens about 30-45 mins after the show has ended.

As for the arches on the hub...called "Lights of Romance"... what you see on that photo is only one section of the 4 sections that comprise this show.. The arches are capable of a hundreds of light combinations, in addition to the lighting, spot lights and strobes that area applied to the trees and 8 fiberglass statues representing different moments in the Cinderella story. The total show time is 15 mins and runs continuously...in a musical medley of the entire Cinderella tale... The lights change colors and patterns of movement rapidly, making this an eye popping extravaganza unlike anything you have ever seen on a Disney park anywhere. The lighting effects are stunning in beauty. Also as an added touch... projections in the castle add the finishing touches... for example.. during the 12 midnight sequence.. a clock with spinning arms is projected on the castle. Also at the end a burst of fireworks projects on the castle during the last few seconds of this musical spectacle. I am telling... you gotta see it believe. Reeks in class.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast