• Drunk On Disney

Question Star Wars Weekends=Max Capacity???

How crowded are the Star Wars Weekends at Disney MGM in June? I wanted to see if you have to get there before they open just to get into the park, or if you can just go in and out throughout the day.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• Yay, Blunt Force Trauma!!

Re: Star Wars Weekends=Max Capacity???

I've only been there in the mid to end of May times and haven't noticed that crowds being that out of control, obviously there is a small bump for those that are there just for the Star Wars stuff. I'm not sure about June though, I would think that with it being the summer and Gay Days falling on the same weekend that it would be way crowded.

• On the Highway in the Sky

I was there last June and we were albe to move around fine and do all that we wanted to do. HOWEVER we were there on the last day of the last "extension" of the weekend. As I recall, Star Wars weekend got extended a couple of times, so it was not the "promoted" time frame for the event...it was overtime if you will.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

It is certainly a crowd around anything Star Wars. Star Tours, even running all six sims had a hefty line. Merchandise had lines...this was to the end when all the good stuff was gone too. As in a line just to enter the store. Meeting the charecters like Vader and such had huge lines too.
    Millionaire I can't say, we did that 1st thing in the morning. It had a line, but not too bad.

My advice is get there before opening. Not only do they do a cool show with stormtroopers at the gates, you can then hit the things like Vader, Millionaire and Star Tours before it gets wicked crowded and then go do the rest of MGM.
    But it is a wicked fun time.
    We went the weekend after Gay Days last summer, it was crowded but our friends who left WDW as we arrived said Gay Days had an impact on attendance...keep that in mind.

• Banned User

The longest line I have ever done at MGM was to buy my Darth Vader Mickey beannie plush. 1hr 47mins on my watch.

• Sock Puppet

Oh my gosh, you waited an hour and forty-five minutes just to buy something? Wow, that's dedication.

• Inappropriate

Yeah, I've been the last two years (and going again this year) and the only real crowd problem is around the star tours/tatooine traders area. I was a bit confused though because star tours had a 15 minute wait, but the line just to get into tatooine traders was over an hour... Being no big fan of merchendise, we just rode the ride real quick, then laughed at the people in line for the store as we walked out of the store.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Inappropriate

On another thought, has anything been released yet on the goings on or special guests this year?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by karamie
    Oh my gosh, you waited an hour and forty-five minutes just to buy something? Wow, that's dedication.
    I waited 4 hrs to ride TDL's Hunny Hunt on opening day.

• Closed Account

Last year was INSANE due to the EpIII Merch. Most crowded ive seen MGM. But that new Anakin face charcter that they had!?? OMG! What a hottie! He LOOKED, SOUNDED, and ACTED like Hayden Christensen. Many ppl were talking about him and several CMs at work. If hes there this year, be sure and see him.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    On another thought, has anything been released yet on the goings on or special guests this year?
    They SO need to get Ewan McGregor. Then I can stalk him all day so I can kidnap him and turn him to the Dark Side. MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I do want to go to Star Wars weekends this year. Star Wars is the only thing other than music I can be somewhat geeky about. Heh!

• Married and happy again!!

I have been down only once for it and I have to say only really busy thing was the shop (even the ride line was fairly short). The only other long was to meet the actors from the movies (depending who it was). To be fair the year I went was the year after the release episode II so I'm sure last year was busier than the year I went. It was fun but If I didn't go again during that time a year that would be ok too.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!