• Having a Grand Day!

What The ...? DWD Chef Mickey's

http://image03.webshots.com/3/1/82/5...1uFVgOL_fs.jpg

I've been speculating this for a while, but until now I've only seen it from across the concorse... But why is there a Darkwing Duck cutout at Chef Mickey's? I'm I'm not mistaken, the resturant opened c.1998 and DWD came out in 1991... That's 7 years. I dont have a problem with it, but It just seems very weird seeing DWD would have been starting his fade into obsurity about that time. I'm guessing the more pressing question is why did Disney cheap out with the VERY off model cardboard ans spraypaint cutouts.

Just before I sign off, could soembody help me with this - I know there is Chef Mickey's seating in the atrium, and in the Annex under the Concourse Windows, but where is the the rest of it? Is it shoehorned in under the monorail platform, behind the Outer Rim or anywhere else? And where does the kitchen fit into the scheme of things?

Thanks!

• WDW FAN

Re: What The ...? DWD Chef Mickey's

i'll take some pix today if I take my camera to work

• Newbie.

Dr. Crane,

Your link isn't working for me
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Click reload when you get the error.

I ended up sitting in the atrium watching the trains go by, so I didn't bother to explore the whole property, but I did notice seating going out towards the big windows (I think this is what you call the annex) and, yes, seating under the monorail track. I didn't go explore those other dining rooms because I was kind of occupied.

The waiter did tell me that the buffet was double ended, which means that when you get to the carving station where a line creeping around from somewhere else meets yours, you are done. My line started in the Concourse and creeped around to the carving station about where the trains go overhead. I'd imagine the buffet goes along under the trains to more seating under the monorail boarding level. I could not get to them where I was without going around the whole buffet because there is a CMs Only doorway to the kitchen in the middle of it.

Unfortunately, most my media from CM's was deleted to make room for PhilharMagic movies that didn't turn out without having to delete my Wishes vids.
    Last edited by MickeyMania; 02-18-2006 at 08:09 AM.

• Newbie.

I just get a forbidden message. No amount of reloading is changing that screen.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• On the Highway in the Sky

There is seating in the atrium, by the windows and around behind the buffet line. The buffet comes in from both directions converging on the carving station. That back line is usually the shortest side as most people see the line in front and choose that line. But I digress, there is seating back there as well by the start of the back buffet line. (did I use the word line enough?). Oh yeah, there is a kitchen area in back near that back line.

• Having a Grand Day!

I've got a basic idea - could somebody please whip something up in paint - I've spent the last hour examing pictures of Characters and 'darling' children and I'm even more confused.