Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• A Dark Future

Refillable Mugs?

I say again, refillable mugs?! What is this "refillable mugs" business I keep hearing about? I mean, i've been to disney world a number of times and this is a little something i seem to have missed out on. I'm going in june and staying at the pop century for 7 days. Could someone tell me everything about these mugs that have been hiding from me? Thanks

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Former CM

Re: Refillable Mugs?

You buy a mug at the resort for $12 or so and you get unlimited refills while at the place you're staying.

• Sock Puppet

Yup, that's pretty much all there is to it. They're a pretty good deal unless you don't plan on eating in Pop's food court a lot. When I was there I pretty much ate there everyday because it was cheap.

• WDW FAN

12.77 for all you can drink coffee, hot tea, iced tea and soda in your resort's food court/qsr during that stay. pretty good deal, most of the beverage islands are open 24 hrs.

My dad thought that these were the best deal in all of WDW. He said that he made up for the cost of the mug only 2/3rds into the first day. I especially like the frozen coke drinks that they have at Pop Century. When I visit WDW in May, my dad and I are staying at the PC again, and I'm totally going to by a mug! My dad's gonna hope that they still use the same design, otherwise he'll by one again too.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Vehicle rotating backward

If you're planning to eat counter service quality stuff a lot (Pizza, burgers, chicken strips, sandwiches, etc) then these can be a decent value, so long as you don't mind only using them at your hotel. They basically save you nearly $3 for a drink each time you eat something at that food court.

The problem is if you're not into food court food, or don't want to run back to your hotel for lunch or dinner. I found a number of times I wanted to eat but wound up leaving the park and heading back to my hotel just to save that $3 drink and make the most of my refillable mug. Keep in mind getting in and out of parks is a bit of a hassle, and Pop is kind of out there in the middle of nowhere. I was able to run back to my hotel pretty much at the drop of the hat because I had no group. Don't know about you.

Keep in mind the combined store and food court at Pop also sells 2-liter Coke products for about $3 a bottle. This may be more useful depending if you're going to eat at the hotel food court or just want some soda in your room. But if you have a group of people, the mugs may be a better value.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I gave up eating at hotels but I still buy the mug. If you have an afternoon break its a nice drink, if after the parks close you are thirsty you can just fill it up, if you are up early you can get coffee/tea...its a nice thing to have. They are good mugs too, you can use them afterewards and they work good...just eventually you will end up with more than you can use...lol.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

They're also great to grab a drink to have by the hotel pool...Love the mugs!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

And they're great to bring back year after year after year as was the original policy at most resorts in the mid-90s when the program started... (WDW1974 sits back to enjoy the inevitable responses).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    And they're great to bring back year after year after year as was the original policy at most resorts in the mid-90s when the program started... (WDW1974 sits back to enjoy the inevitable responses).
    If it's the same design, where's the harm...?
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 02-19-2006 at 07:03 AM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    If it's the same design, where's the harm...?
    I don't find any...nor do I find a problem with buying the mugs for $4 filled with soda at MGM and reusing those on a trip.
    I mean WL hasn't changed mugs in a while. The Caribbean's new ones will stick around...it won't hurt. They don't pay for the soda syrup and they have plenty of water in WDW.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

WL did change the size though...you can only buy the travel mugs there, as when I was there in August. I still used the larger one, and no one said anything, except other guests who wanted to know where I got it...I had to admit they were from a year ago.

• WDW FAN

I know we are charged for the syrup. I've seen the cost card for a beverage.

Wow! No one has called me a soda thief ... such a difference from the holier-than-thou crowd on ThatOtherDisneyPlace.com ...

• Vehicle rotating backward

That's because they have nothing better to talk about. I've seen refillable mug debates actively discouraged at RADP and (I think) ThatDisneyThingamabopperMagic Dot Com. Talking about whether it's right or wrong will stop no one and is utterly pointless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast