Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: WDW 5th Gate... a Star Wars theme park!?

ANY concept for a fifth WDW theme park is simply the stuff of fanboy wet dreams. Not trying to be cruel, but that's the facts.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    ANY concept for a fifth WDW theme park is simply the stuff of fanboy wet dreams. Not trying to be cruel, but that's the facts.
    Wasn't the same being said of a fourth some time ago, though? Or was the company just in a better position then?

• out & about

Seriously though this thread isnt trying to be serious! If you dont have constructive ideas about what would be cool about a Star Wars themed park then please dont post at all. All the bickering has really dampened my excitment about the (fictional) possibilities.

This thread ISNT intended to disscuss the actual feasability of a WDW 5th gate but to explore the blue sky of its possibilities. Were here to talk about what it COULD be not why it would NEVER happen.

For those of you who wish to discuss the financial, political, professional, business aspect of a 5th gate at WDW please take your discussion to a different thread or to the Disney Business forum and leave us dreamers to our imagination!

to find the Disney Business forum please click the link below (for your convenience)
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disney-studios-industry-discussion/

Thank You!

(before you get all mad, remember, I said please!)
    Last edited by WRDup; 02-19-2006 at 05:31 PM.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Married and happy again!!

Wink Re: WDW 5th Gate... a Star Wars theme park!?

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup
    Seriously though this thread isnt trying to be serious! If you dont have constructive ideas about what would be cool about a Star Wars themed park then please dont post at all. All the bickering has really dampened my excitment about the (fictional) possibilities.

This thread ISNT intended to disscuss the actual feasability of a WDW 5th gate but to explore the blue sky of its possibilities. Were here to talk about what it COULD be not why it would NEVER happen.

For those of you who wish to discuss the financial, political, professional, business aspect of a 5th gate at WDW please take your discussion to a different thread or to the Disney Business forum and leave us dreamers to our imagination!

to find the Disney Business forum please click the link below (for your convenience)
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39

Thank You!

(before you get all mad, remember, I said please!)
    No one has been mean about it just honest. I for one would love a Star Wars park I just don't want it conected with Disney that's all. You did start this post so now you need to take the good and the bad that comes with it. They have the right to say whatever they want even if it doesn't go along with what you may have had for your post.

Now as far as a Star Wars park goes I would love it but Lucas needs to have full control. If it where to be done I'd want it done right. Pizzapants spoke on some basic ideas and they where good ones to. The only diffrence I would add to his Jabba Dark ride is his endding facing the Ranncor I would want to face the Ranncor but my finally would instead involve the Pit Of Sarlacc. I would love a Hoth based land. I'd love a ride where you are the Imperials and you are storming Echo basetrying to stop the Millenium Falcon from escaping. Or a ride (flight simulator based but more along the lines of Mission space where you would have to react to the situations) Where you are Snow Speeder Pilots and Gunners and you would be trying to halt the advance of the empire in thier AT-AT's and At-ST's. I would love if You had a Naboo land where you could have a Gungan sub ride. Some where in the park you could have a empirial shooting range where targets would include Jar Jar Binks , Ewoks ,Jawas, and other things. You could have a Jawas ride where you capture driods (sort of like a Buzz Lightyear ride base). But these are just a few ideas.

So keep and open mind and try to understand not everyone will agree with you.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover
    Now as far as a Star Wars park goes I would love it but Lucas needs to have full control....
    ... Or a ride (flight simulator based but more along the lines of Mission space... ...Naboo land where you could have a Gungan sub ride... empirial shooting range... ...You could have a Jawas ride where you capture driods (sort of like a Buzz Lightyear ride base). But these are just a few ideas.
    your description sounds like a Disney Park to me.

I know not everyone wants a Star Wars Park but lets try to keep the discussion going in the direction it was intended. If anyone wants to talk business thats ok, just do it else where. This thread is about imagination not business politics.

WplusK.com

• Disney Prince

your description sounds like a Disney Park to me.

I know not everyone wants a Star Wars Park but lets try to keep the discussion going in the direction it was intended. If anyone wants to talk business thats ok, just do it else where. This thread is about imagination not business politics.
    it's a great idea, i love it, you can have the Jedi temple as the icon or if you want, you can have The Death Star as the central icon. you can have full-scale replicas of the famous ships like The Millenium Falcon all over the place. Just don't put it in WDW, it could be its own resort with hotels themed to some of the planets.

• Inappropriate

Jessicalover, why didn't I think of the Sarlaac pit? That's a great idea! Frankly that thing is everything beyond creepy. I love it.

Also, Endor. Imagine how cool of a kid's play area you could model after the Ewok villages. Not like Pooh's crappy playplace, but more like the "Honey I Shrink Things, So Take Off, You Hoser" playplace mixed with the Redwood Trail in California Adventure. Of course, you'd also need a really fast and intense speeder bike ride around the same area.

Oooo! And maybe build the entire park on top of "hyper space" tunnels that are tram type rides that transport you to all different "planets" of the park, but using a re-thought technology similar to the one in the Tron tunnel on the old DL people mover, so it looks like you're going incredibly fast.

Drool.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by stitcharielsinbad
    it's a great idea, i love it, you can have the Jedi temple as the icon or if you want, you can have The Death Star as the central icon. you can have full-scale replicas of the famous ships like The Millenium Falcon all over the place. Just don't put it in WDW, it could be its own resort with hotels themed to some of the planets.
    Why not put it in WDW? Theres already ties and a good working relationship. It would be the best of both worlds!

I dont know why everyone is hating on WDW/Disney so much when it comes to building a S.W. theme park? dont you think that with the new mangement and the precission of George Lucas that the two would make a great team and would stop short of nothing to build the best theme park in the world? The park could even have its own themed hotels (just like the magic kingdom resorts and so on...)I think they could do it. I personally wouldnt want a Star Wars theme park unless it was at a Disney Resort (WDW or DLR).

And as far as there not being enough of a fan base... excuse me? there are more than enough fans of star wars that would flock year round. People that wouldnt normally come to WDW would come and people who wouldnt normally go to a Star Wars theme park would come too. The idea of it all sounds too good to be true.

WplusK.com

Why not put it in WDW? Theres already ties and a good working relationship. It would be the best of both worlds!

I dont know why everyone is hating on WDW/Disney so much when it comes to building a S.W. theme park? dont you think that with the new mangement and the precission of George Lucas that the two would make a great team and would stop short of nothing to build the best theme park in the world? The park could even have its own themed hotels (just like the magic kingdom resorts and so on...)I think they could do it. I personally wouldnt want a Star Wars theme park unless it was at a Disney Resort (WDW or DLR).

And as far as there not being enough of a fan base... excuse me? there are more than enough fans of star wars that would flock year round. People that wouldnt normally come to WDW would come and people who wouldnt normally go to a Star Wars theme park would come too. The idea of it all sounds too good to be true.

WRDup you just don't get the point. We all have been nice about it but your are just not understanding it. We like the idea of at Star Wars park we just don't want it conected with Disney. It is just wrong to try and force the two seperate entities with to totaly diffrent concepts together. One ride at a park is one thing or the once a year for a few short weekends at MGM Star Wars weekends. That sort of thing is ok but trying to force something that just doesn't work is dumb. For the most part the people that are your diehard Star Wars fans who would suport a park like this don't really fall in to the way Disney does things. I have been at Celibration I , II and III and one of the most common complaints I heard is that it was stupid for Disney to do the Star Wars weekends as it was just a balant attempt to cash in on the fame and sucsess of wich they had nothing to do with. An while I like Star Wars weekends myself I do understand what they are talking about. Would Disney have shown interest in it if it had been not been the world wide sucsess it is NO! Disney wouldn't have ever wanted it. It is just a foolish to try and force this issue any longer since you can't get the basic idea that the hardcore dedicated fans of both Disney and Star Wars would resent the park in the end. Disney fans would shy away from a park that is not based on Disney stuff , Star Wars fans would shy away from it because Disney would Disneyize the park with the addition of things Jedi Mickey and silly things of that nature. Let us stick with what we have now it makes thoughs in the minority who do enjoy both happy with what we have. While Star Tours needs an update it is still a good attraction , Star Wars weekends is still fun but it is the only conection the 2 need to each other. And I feel sorry for you that you would not go to a Star Wars park if it where to be built by anyone other than Disney. It would be your loss but it would just go to prove my point that you just don't understand why it doesn't work. Let me make a few last points to be made on this matter. WDW just does not need a 5th park at this point anyway. That and there is plenty to do as is in that area of Florida. WDW would be much better off spending the kind of money money that a new park would take and use it as I said before to expand , update, repair an in general improve the 4 parks that they already have there. You really do need to let this go you keep getting upset because people are not agreeing with you on this one. It's not worth getting upset over we are here to have some fun after all and you don't seem to be enjoying this to much. By the way lighten up a bit and dont' take it so serious I kid alot and mean no harm don't take it so personal. I am honest though about the reasons why it's not a good idea.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• out & about

[FONT=Arial]
    WRDup you just don't get the point.
    Theres no point to get. Except for the fact that I totally, 100%, absolutely, with-out a doubt, disagree with you. I think it would be great if Disney & Star Wars teamed-up... you dont. Its not like youre right and Im wrong.

Its my opinion! Got it?

WplusK.com

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

I'm a huge Star Wars/Indy Lucasfilm geek but I honestly don't think Star Wars (or even Star Wars and Indy combined) could sustain an entire theme park. Although it would be cool to see.

In all seriousness, I would love to see Disney-MGM expand on its Lucasfilm attractions. Update Star Tours and use that as an excuse to create a couple of additional SW themed attractions on that side of the park, which is a bit thin. And although the Indy Stunt show is great, why not build a new Indy ride, somewhat like the ones in DL and TDL, but also unique and new in its own right? That's what I would like to see.

Also, regarding the earlier post above: Although Fox distributed Star Wars and Paramount distributed Indiana Jones, Lucasfilm has the rights to do whatever it wants with the two properties, which is how they ended up in Disney parks to begin with.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

[FONT=Arial]I dont know why everyone is hating on WDW/Disney so much when it comes to building a S.W. theme park?
    Probably because all brands and properties need "down time" to not be overexposed and lose interest in the public sphere.

Many years ago, a Star Trek theme park might have made sense. Now, Star Trek has several failed series and Viacom is holding the series under the waves for a bit, so that someday it might resurface with more interest. With the movies completed and each one accompanied by a marketing blitz that would suprass the arrival of a holy deity, Star Wars has kind of ran it's course in the minds of people who are not big Star Wars fans.

I think the reactions here are reflective of current interest in the franchise. Such an idea would be more popular amongst all peoples in the future, but not now.

• e komo mai

The SW park would need a Millenium Falcon E-ticket attraction. I don't know what it would be like, but it has to, has to include that.

Also, a Speeder Bike rollercoaster, Pod races coaster and for the kiddies an Ewok play area.

A restaurant themed like the Mos Eisley cantina would be very cool.

Oh yes, all the toilets should be Jar Jar shaped.

I have imagined what I think is a solution to all this. It's much like what Doopey1 suggested, but more.

You know how Epcot is divided? Build out from MGM a Star Wars area big enough to hold some planet pavillions. Think of it as the Future World to the World Showcase that is MGM as it is right now.

This would mean not having to build all the infastructure and resources that comes with each park (first aid, parking lot, new bus routes, possible boat route, package delivery, lockers, much more backstage to hold costuming and offices and etc) because it could share resources with the Studios. All the Studios would need to do is increase it's staffing and maybe make a slightly bigger backstage building here and there to accomodate the larger staff.

Furthermore, it would help the Studios become the full-sized park instead of looking like a tiny half-day park compared to Epcot and Magic Kingdom. That's a lot more crucial at the minute than Park #5.

Theres no point to get. Except for the fact that I totally, 100%, absolutely, with-out a doubt, disagree with you. I think it would be great if Disney & Star Wars teamed-up... you dont. Its not like youre right and Im wrong.

Its my opinion! Got it?
    That was the point you wern't getting. You couldn't accept the opinions of others because they weren't agreeing with you opinion. By the way everyone who does or doesn't agree with your line of though is free to express so on the post not just the one's who agree with you. Thank God you do disagree with me. I wouldn't want to agree with someone who just couldn't understand others had thier own opinions on this post. By the way my post have been " My Opinion Get it?" Nuff said on my end I would want you to get more upset that some doesn't agree with you. Let it go, I am.
    Last edited by Jessicalover; 02-21-2006 at 03:03 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast