Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Re: WDW 5th Gate... a Star Wars theme park!?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    Why is it that everytime a 5th gate is mentioned, usually someone just bored and wanting to throw some ideas around, someone always has to come in and be like "Whoa. No 5th gate. Ever. Now shut up."
    Yeah TDLFan, why is that? Let people dream. Imagine if Lillian Disney was like that:

"Walter, stop doodling mice and bunnies and take the trash out!"

"Building a carnival in Anaheim will never amount to anything, let's invest our money in something else, like stock in Edsel automobiles."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Re: WDW 5th Gate... a Star Wars theme park!?

WRDup, you can continue now...

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup
    ... I would like to see 6 different lands themed to each Episode! In classic Disney fashion a "Main Street" type park entrance could be themed to a Space Port. Either Mos Eisley or Corasant. The parks icon could be a giant spaceship earth type Death Star, Jedi Temple or Senate building...
    OK So you enter through Corasant and the Death Star is in front of you so is the outer space element represented inside or in a land nearby?

The Ewok planet Endor to me would have the most charm with all the real and imagineered trees you'd fill it with... You could disguise elevators in the giant seqoia trees and have a second level hanging between the trees Ewok style... with a giant fire roaring and lots of tables and chairs... Maybe each tree would have a counter service restaurant and the whole place could be the food court area, so you could sit and eat and soak up the atmosphere...

With a speeder attraction zipping around the trees down around the ground...

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Re: WDW 5th Gate... a Star Wars theme park!?

I like MickeyMania's idea of building out of the current Disney-MGM park to develop a full Star Wars "land". You could really make a full blown "Lucasfilm" area (I'm saying that because I really want them to build an Indy ride in WDW!).

I also think you could take the Drew Carey sound show and the AFI exhibit space and make that into a ILM/Skywalker Sound showcase. I bet the guys at ILM, working with WDI, could put together a really fantastic attraction that demonstrates both sound effects and visual effects. It's already located near the Indy Stunt Show and Star Tours so it would fit in with the "Lucasfilm" theme.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Obviously a Lucasfilm Land at Disney-Lucasfilm Studios Park would be cool. Maybe they could ditch MGM and sprinkle in some Lucasfilm.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

Hmm, didn't read through all the posts because I just got too intriuged by the whole concept. Someone came to me with this idea years ago and wanted me to sketch up some ride concepts. Then I realized that the person I was dealing with had the buisness sense of crack addict and abandoned the project forthwith.

But if this hasn't already been mentioned, I would totally go with the format set up by Disneyland and World and carried over in Islands of Adventure. Have a series of "Lands" each themetic to a respective location in the Star Wars universe.

I would do Corscant, Tatooine, Endor (or the moon rather) Genosha and the volcanic planet whos name completely escapes me.

No matter how I try to rationalize that you can't have another park with a big sphere in the middle of it, I can't get around the fact that your big icon must be the Death Star. It's just to perfect and to reconizable not to be. Plus it would make an awsome ride. Make an inclined Dark Ride like Spaceship Earth, but use the technology from the Spider-Man ride and reenact the final confrontation between Luke, Vader and Palpatine. In fact, make the place look like the Death Star 2. That would be awsome.

I think someone mentioned the Outer Rim. That migth be a better concept for a "Land" as well. The Outer Rim territories could have a suspended roller coaster that dives into a Sarlacc Pit narrowly missing digestion. It could be Speeder Bike themed ride vehicle.

Plus you got to have a nice dark ride that has you being chased by a Scout Walker. They can do dinasaurs they can certainly do a Scout Walker. With Laser blasts even. Similar to the way they do the meteor shower in Dinosaur.

Your kiddie attractions can be Ewok and Jar Jar based. No matter what you think, kids liked Jar Jar. Hey, he's better then Barney or Teletubbies on any given day. Even Yoda can fit into the younger aged attractions. You know how much he loved children.

Then there all this room for simulator rides that trump Star Tours. The possibilities here are quite endless.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

Hmm. I should have read the other posts. A LucasFilm Land, so to speak. I still think you should do the big honking Death Star 2 in the middle. They certainly have the room, from what I've seen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123