Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Married and happy again!!

Wink What Disney movie nevre to have a ride would you want to get one?

What Disney movie do you like that never got a chance to have a ride made for it? I have a few that come come to mind for me.

1. The Rescuers I'd love to have this one made. It would be a water ride (I discused this on another post "valley of villany" already in good detale. You would ride in either Madame Medusa's swampboat shaped boats or the mesquito powered leaf boat, boats either would be cool.

2. The Black Hole I think this would make a great dark ride or an inside coaster (ala Space Mountain or RnR).

3. Tron This would be a fantastic dark ride ( you would ride in lightcycle shaped cars).

4. George The Jungle It would be a flume ride.

5. The Little Mermaid I wanted this one when WDW still had a Sub Lagoon. I still would like a ride based on this one though. It could be a boat ride (ala It's A small World).

6. Atlantis (I know I am most likely the only one) I wanted this too when WDW still had a Sub Lagoon (I'd have done anything to save it).

7. The Black Caldron another fantastic dark ride.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

Re: What Disney movie nevre to have a ride would you want to get one?

I have one other. While Nightmare Before Christmas gets a Holiday redo of Haunted Mansion but I would love to see it get its very own ride. I love Jack, Zero, Sally Oggie, Lock, Shock and Barrel so much. They sell a ton of merchandise already it just seems like a natural for a ride too. Plus WDW has nothing for it.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I would really have to think about this question really.

• Inappropriate

Hey man, regardless of what most people thought, Atlantis was freakin awesome! And I also always thought that an Atlantis ride, if given the proper time frame, techbology, love and care, and budget, would be amazing. I second your atlantis vote.

I also think an Incredibles ride somehow would be awesome for a number of reasons: First, it was a great action packed movie (and very succesful) which would be sure to deliver a great action packed ride. Second, just to spite all you people out there who cry "NO! No more pixar in the parks!!!!" Get over it. It's pretty much the same company now.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Sock Puppet

I really liked 101 Dalmations and I think it would maybe make a neat ride.

I can't think of anything else, except that I wish they would have character meets with Simba and Nala. I know it'd be hard to do but not entirely impossible.

i would love to see a mary poppins dark ride similar to peter pan, or reopen the motor boat area and see mary poppin animtronics on a jolly holiday.

• Vehicle rotating backward

My own preferences would probably be too obscure/unsuccessful to actually use, I guess a new dark ride (think in the style of Fantasyland) on the Jungle Book would make the most sense.

Although whatever effects they plan for the Kaa scene will scare the stuffings out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    My own preferences would probably be too obscure/unsuccessful to actually use, I guess a new dark ride (think in the style of Fantasyland) on the Jungle Book would make the most sense.

Although whatever effects they plan for the Kaa scene will scare the stuffings out of me.
    A Jungle Book ride would be nice. But I would love to know what movie you are talking about that is so obscure? I'd love to hear it.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Oh, I grew up on a ton of the old movies that the company put out in the 60s and 70s. I wasn't thinking of any in particular. Mary Poppins & Bedknobs and Broomsticks stand out the most, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    Hey man, regardless of what most people thought, Atlantis was freakin awesome! And I also always thought that an Atlantis ride, if given the proper time frame, techbology, love and care, and budget, would be amazing. I second your atlantis vote.
    I thank you for backing the Atlantis ride. I even had a nice idea for the ride that would give each rider a little something to remember the ride afterwards. Each ride car would "require" one of the blue Atlantian crystals to operate just like the Atlantian vehicals did. Then at the end of the ride you would get to keep the little plastic crystals.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Jungle Book would most definitely be a good one. Mary Poppins could be interesting too if done right.

• The one, the only...

I also think an Incredibles ride somehow would be awesome for a number of reasons: First, it was a great action packed movie (and very succesful) which would be sure to deliver a great action packed ride. Second, just to spite all you people out there who cry "NO! No more pixar in the parks!!!!" Get over it. It's pretty much the same company now.
    I think you are right. In fact, I think Atlantas was ALWAYS a better ride theme than a movie. But since there was a movie made, it makes scense to use some of the parts of that with the ride.

My favorite idea from a movie is Aladdin! The concept of riding a flying carpet has entranced generations. I think it would be thrilling to actually ride in the Cave of Wonders.

As to Little Mermaid, the music and story from this movie is so fine that I am sure that generation will enjoy it. It is like Cinderella. It will seem fresh for a long time.

Flubber also has inspired me. The concept of flying is enjoyable, but also the idea of a living substance would make a wonderful Tomorrowland ride. I want to see Flubber dancing in person. It would be very fun!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Senior Minion

Always would have liked to have seen a Rescuer's Dark Ride. As someone posted before, It would be cool to see Evinrude on a leaf or lillypad, as passengers riding through the swamps trying to avoid Madam Medusa and her Crocodiles, while looking for the Devil's Eye.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Atlantis wasn't bad, but I guess people didn't see it as truly Disney. I just saw it as too long of a movie.

The Incredibles is probably a logical choice. If they put a lot of effort into the storytelling, the design, the music (which was the best part of the movie, I thought), and what type of ride they chose, I think people will look beyond the PIXAR thing, and at the ride quality.

Hopefully by the 40th Anniversary, Magic Kingdom will get some special treatment. Even if it isn't the 50th, DL's 40th was huge, and they got Indiana Jones, good marketing, and their own toys at McDonalds, MK should be the same way.

• Banned User

that's easy a mary poppins ride in fantasy land. think about it , riding in upsidedown umbrellas through london and over the rooftops, that would be so cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast