Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

MGM to get a new parade?

New rumor says Block party bash to go to MGM?

what do you think about this rumor?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: MGM to get a new parade?

If it matches the overall rumor, to rotate parades around the parks to keep them fresh (a change in parades about every 2 years), I am ALL for it, after putting up with the Parade of Stars for 5 years before the Parade of Dreams, PLEASE rotate them!!!!!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

Actually.. the rumor says they are cloning the parade.. rather than taking the existing units from DCA... lol but i would expect the other to happen.. if they are bringing it to MGM...

• Inappropriate

Well, Block Party Bash is freakin awesome. The Studios' parade always left me with a feeling of "uhhh....that's it?" I mean, it was really cool the first time, but it lost it's luster pretty fast. So i'm all for a new parade there. And there's plenty of room for the Block Party parade stops.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

I'd rather something NEW and UNIQUE!

Darien IL- a suburb 25 mins west of Chicago

Sorry but what is block party bash?

• Banned User

I'd like to see a parade that is based on the most recent Disney blockbuster film, updated once a year for each movie released. (The biggest release Disney does of the year probably) I think they need to go back to that concept.

• Disney Memory Maker

I'm not sure if I like this rumor. Out of the three current parades, I think DMGM's is the best. It really goes well with the park (with all the various Disney & non Disney characters). Being that there isn't a single Pixar attraction in DMGM (except the meet & greets), I don't think it would fit there (and I don't think the format of the show would fit in any of the other 3 parks).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

We did have the Toy Story Parade...

• Banned User

I'd like to see a parade that is based on the most recent Disney blockbuster film, updated once a year for each movie released. (The biggest release Disney does of the year probably) I think they need to go back to that concept.
    the parades they did lasted more than a year mainly because of the cost to do them. think about redoing something the calibre of alladin, or toy story annually. The cost would be prohibitive. think about the cost of making floats for each theme. unless you did something like stars and motor cars and just changed out the cars which is what they do now.

• Banned User

LOL. Do you even have a clue as to how low the cost for the Aladdin parade was? lol

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Yes but then we end up with parades like Mulan...which wasn't the greatest Bill. But I agree keeping it movie themed...but a wide range of movies.
    Well this certainly fits in with the rumor of DLP getting "Stars & Motor Cars"...though I have to wonder if someone just read the DLP rumor, saw there was no rumor for WDW and sent one in themselves...we'll see.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Yes but then we end up with parades like Mulan...which wasn't the greatest Bill. But I agree keeping it movie themed...but a wide range of movies.
    Well this certainly fits in with the rumor of DLP getting "Stars & Motor Cars"...though I have to wonder if someone just read the DLP rumor, saw there was no rumor for WDW and sent one in themselves...we'll see.
    I love Block Party Bash and hate Stars and Cars, so bring the Incredibles and friends on over. BPB is a lot of fun.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    I'm not sure if I like this rumor. Out of the three current parades, I think DMGM's is the best. It really goes well with the park (with all the various Disney & non Disney characters). Being that there isn't a single Pixar attraction in DMGM (except the meet & greets), I don't think it would fit there (and I don't think the format of the show would fit in any of the other 3 parks).
    Well putting in a Pixar parade in DMGM would be like having a Pixar attraction in that park, right? Makes sense to me.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• The one, the only...

I think that the current parade fits the park, but I am always for new things. I think a totally new parade could be developed with floats. I love the cars, but I want to see floats in a parade too. Floats add magic and prestige to a parade. I think that music performances like the Block Park Bash could be part of it, but just importing another parade is uncreative. We have seen Disney do that so many times. Once a parade gets old, it gets shipped off somewhere. It is just bad show to see a "used" parade. It is like wearing someone else's dirty underwear.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast