View Poll Results: Preferred Side of EPCOT - Future World Or World Showcase?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Future World

24 42.11%
  • World Showcase

33 57.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Preferred Side of EPCOT - Future World Or World Showcase?

In the poll above, choose the EPCOT theme park that you enjpy most, or that sounds the best to you (if you haven't been there). Feel free to make comments. This thread relates to EPCOT as it exists today.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Preferred Side of EPCOT - Future World Or World Showcase?

This was a difficult decission for me to make, as I love World showcase and the fun opportunity it offers to learn about different cultures on our planet. Nothing on Earth is as grand as WS's famous shows and events - such as Illuminations, various holiday fests, and drinking and eating around the world.

However, the ride experiences and adventures at Future World are so dynamic and varied that it ROCKS! Spaveship Earth, Ellen's Energy Adventure and Test Track are each big time faves. What a wonder filled park it is.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-20-2006 at 08:46 PM.

• Married and happy again!!

That's easy for me while I do indeed love Future World. I Just love the World Showcase so much more. I just enjoy that so much and look forward to going there everytime I visit EPCOT. I have made great friends from all around the world with the CM's that man thier home countries pavillions. I just love the atmosphere in the World Showcase. I enjoy having foods in thoughs lands and for me it gives me a chance to speak my German ( My family enjoys eating in Germany every trip and we are mostly German and still have family there so it is nice to chat with the cast members from there especially) Plus I have been learning Japaness and Chiness so it is always nice to practice what I have learned of thier languages (and learn more authentic dishes to prepare thank you to everyone who has helped me with that you all know who you are) I even have gotten several of them to join this site just in the last week. Beside I really love the attractions there (Mexico, Norway, China, France and USA are my personal favorites) I love to shop there too ( Japan, China, Morocco, Mexico and Germany are favorites for this) I also love it as it plays host to the yearly Food & Wine Festivel which is one of my favorite things to attend yearly I have become much more cultured in my wines and beers thanks to this and have really learned to appreciate other cultures and have learned some really cool customs from the people who been at the booths that are set up for this. But I in no way will knock Future World though either as I said I love it there too.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Epcot is my fave park. I love both sides of the park so I can't choose just one.

• A Dark Future

I refuse to vote. It's like choosing my favorite kid...if i had kids I mean, Epcot is my favorite park already. Both sides are equal to me. Just like Ride Warrior said, Future World's rides are just some of the best. Mission SPace happens to be my favorite ride in the resort (Hey! Hey! Put those torches and pitch forks BACK!) Spaceship Earth is fantastic (Jeremy Irons has one of the greatest voices. Seriously, it gives me chills.) Soarin' also tops my list. Ah! It's just so great!

Then World Showcase. The Ultimate "Chill" place. You can just walk around and let your mind wander. No thrill rides at all. I love all the culture, the food, the movies, Illuminations (greatest fireworks show ever.) The architecture and details are amazing.

Sorry folks, can't pick a favorite

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Huh?

I picked World Showcase... simply because, even though there's not much to do over there, there's an endless amount of things to do!

I just find myself spending a lot more time over there...
    -Tim

• meganmegaphone

World Showcase rocks my world! Psh... future world doesn't stand a chance in this contest

Now the real question is which is the best of the pavillions? My personal favorites are Morrocco & France.

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• Disney Memory Maker

Although I do love both, from the hours of 9am-9pm, my favorite has to be Future World. To me, the music in FW is unmatched anywhere else in Epcot (except for RoE). I love all the attractions and just the whole feel of the land. Now from 9pm-9:15ish, my favorite is World Showcase (because of a certain little show they have on the lagoon).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Yeah I can't choose...Soarin and SSE vs El Rio Del Tiempo and Maragritas watching RoE...just no winner.

• e komo mai

I can't decide, either. If I pick World Showcase, I'll be seen as not thinking about the future. If I pick Future World, I'll be deemed as bad mouthing all those countries, including ours.
    I pick the parking lot.

• Huh?

V Psst... World Showcase and Future World could use some votes on a couple other threads... V
    -Tim

• Main Street Maniac

World Showcase is by far the best... I'm way too emotional about that because I worked as Cast Member in the Italy Pavilion in 1997 and enjoyed every single moment there... just walking there is so much fun!
    Visit my blog at

2008: Disneyland (15 years after the 1st visit!)
    2007: World of Disney New York City
    2006 Disneyland Resort Paris
    1992: Euro Disney Resort
    2005: Tokyo Disney Resort
    1998-2005: Disneyland Paris
    1997: Walt Disney World
    1993: Disneyland

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by massimo
    World Showcase is by far the best... I'm way too emotional about that because I worked as Cast Member in the Italy Pavilion in 1997 and enjoyed every single moment there... just walking there is so much fun!
    Even your avatar sounds Itliano, massimo. The surroudings, entertainment and cuisine must be magnifico! You are VERY lucky to have worked there.

• Married and happy again!!

You know I said in my earlier post it was an easy question well after having 2 more days of thinking. I have decied it wasn't as easy as I thought. I love both sides so much that I kind of wish I could retract my vote. In all honesty I love both sides so much that it would be unfair for me to pick.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover
    You know I said in my earlier post it was an easy question well after having 2 more days of thinking. I have decied it wasn't as easy as I thought. I love both sides so much that I kind of wish I could retract my vote. In all honesty I love both sides so much that it would be unfair for me to pick.
    EPCOT is unique in that it is actually two extraordinary parks rolled into one. I am discovering through this poll that many people give both sides an enthusiastic 5-Star rating. I'm wishing that I would have included a "both parks equally" option - and certainly will when I do another poll on the subject.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast