• back in Austin

Planning a Disney Wedding?

Even though it's not primarily a Disney-oriented podcast, I'm becoming quite a fan of coasterradio.com. This week's podcast (Show #143 - February 20, 2006) is devoted to "Theme Park Weddings" and has an extensive interview with a couple that got married at WDW. It's worth listening to.

Just click on one of the links for streaming the show in the lower left-hand column. A little higher on the left-hand side of the page, there's a "Show Links" menu item which will take you to a page with links for the things mentioned on that week's show.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Planning a Disney Wedding?

I think threads like this go in Community Outpost, actually.

• back in Austin

ahh, I wasn't sure where to post it. Sorry about that.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I just watched this show on the Travel Channel or was it the Food Network?? Anyway, it was really great, they showed a lot of how individualized your wedding could be. From 8 people to 800 they can accomdate just about anybodies wishes.

I am however still wondering why this one couple chose orange as their wedding color. *gags* LOVED the Alice Tea Party though. LOL

• Where Schemes Come True!

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    I just watched this show on the Travel Channel or was it the Food Network?? Anyway, it was really great, they showed a lot of how individualized your wedding could be. From 8 people to 800 they can accomdate just about anybodies wishes.

I am however still wondering why this one couple chose orange as their wedding color. *gags* LOVED the Alice Tea Party though. LOL
    did you catch the end where they stated that the wedding on the show cost in excess of $70,000?

Once my fiance heard that she was perfectly fine with our wedding being held in Knoxville and then going to WDW for the honeymoon.

-dB
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• back in Austin

You should listen to the podcast. I'm sure that a disney wedding would be expensive, no doubt, but it sounds like you can choose from a wide price range of options that will make it not so terribly expensive. Even a modest wedding normally costs thousands of dollars if you include catering, photography, flowers and such. The bride and groom seemed to appreciate the "one stop shopping" aspect of it.

They don't say how much they spent on the podcast, though.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

We looked into a wedding at Disneyland, but while it was possible, we would have had to cut our guestlist at least in half, plus wouldn't have had a full dinner, etc. So, we found a more affordable venue, but Disney will still be a major part of it. In fact, I doubt Disney would even be able to pull off what we're doing. (Which, I won't go into detail here, since I don't want to spoil the surprise.)

• back in Austin

Yeah, I bet the size of the guest list is the key factor. If you want a couple of hundred people there, I'm sure the Disney wedding ends up costing quite a bit indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by edtsch
    They don't say how much they spent on the podcast, though.
    Based on what is being spent on my own wedding and then looking at the pictures they have on their website...I'd have to take a guess at $20,000+ for the wedding described in the podcast..

I mean...I've heard it's almost $5k just to have the characters at your reception and $2500 for a Cinderella Pumpkin Carriage ride to the wedding for the bride..

-dB

• back in Austin

Right, but if I remember right, they didn't opt for either the characters or the carriage ride.

I didn't see a link to their website. Did they mention it in the podcast?

• back in Austin

You're probably right, though. I find myself wishing that they had "only" spent $10k. It would be nice if it were somewhat accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by edtsch
    Right, but if I remember right, they didn't opt for either the characters or the carriage ride.

I didn't see a link to their website. Did they mention it in the podcast?
    I must confess that my information is a little jumbled. I confused CoasterRadio.com with ThemeParkReview.com. They both had WDW weddings and I do know that the couple that runs TPR did have the characters and a lot of the extras so it was possible the CR couple spent around $10k...

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

My daughter was married at the DL resort in september of '05 for aprox 15,000 we had : a rehersal dinner for 35 at the Parkview terrace at the GCH which was a buffet with 2 entres, salads, rolls, veggies, and assorted desserts. The wedding location was the Rose Court garden and the DL hotel with harpist and large dressing rooms for the girls and guys with light continental breakfast. The reception was at the Pavillion room with also 2 hot entres , salads, veggies and 2 side dishes and a pre reception fare of cheese and fruit, The cake was also in the price as well as a white chocolate cinderella slipper with white chocolate mousse and rassberries on a plate stenciled with the castle this meal was for 60 persons, For the added Disney touch Mickey and Minnie came to the reception for 30 mins that was 1050.oo for 30 mins and added into the overall price, They also had a room for the eve of their honeymoon , and were upgraded to a suite. She opted for a 11:30 am wedding since the prices for the buffet which is the same as the evening buffet dropped a lot in price it saved us money. The chair covers were gotten from an outside source and also saved lots of money. Favors for the tables as well as flowers , and the DJ were also from an outside source which saved more money.
    I have to say I was well impressed with the Disney Fairytale wedding staff, they did not push all their wares on us, were accomodating with letting all the outside emblishments to be included and set up. They had no problem with us bringing in our own champage for a toast and served it , or course there was a corkage fee but that was also charged if you purchased the champage from them, They also let her bring her dress 2 days before the wedding and stored it for her.At the last minute we decided to let my grandson go down the aisle pushed by the Jr Bridesmaid in a little car and the staff ran and got extra tule to decorated the car. The wedding co ordinator made sure they got an upgraded room for their wedding night. The head person in charge of the reception comped them to Fantasmic that evening. It was a wonderful experience and I think with a little outside leg work its very do able to have a disney wedding . My daughter realized from the beginning that she had a choice to make if she wanted a Disney Wedding that is would have to be a small wedding . She loved her wedding and so did my son in law, they are ap holders and go to the park often and on Valentines day celebrated at Granvilles and they just love walking over to the gazebo and remembering their wedding day as they did Valentines day and so many times they visit the resort.