• Looking for the Mouse!

Mark Bee's Disney World Picks

Here they are- the non-awaited, nobody cares but me...and maybe my listeners, picks for the high points of the Disney World experience-

Please agree- disagree and heckle as needed.

Magical Express- YES! What a GREAT way to start and end the vacation. Friendly drivers, direct service, and nice busses. How can this be wrong? I've seen people complain about waiting (on this board)- but the wait for the parking shuttle at he airport here in NY took far, far longer than that trip EVER could.

Expedition Everest - YES! A great ride...BUT- I am really not sure it lived up to the hype. It was a fun coaster with a good twist- but the very small view of the Yeti at the end left me wanting more---also, I didn't care for the shadow display in the middle- torn tracks- Yeti- I got it without that effect.

Off Kilter - YES! Ok, so I am a music guy, and this group (along with the Village Beatniks) caught my attention. Any rock band with a bagpipe should get more attention. They play in Epcot (in Canada I believe).

Tower Of Terror- YES! Great ride. I loved this. Splash Mountain is still my very favorite- but cruise by MGM and ride this. My sister in law HATED this by the way.

POP Century - YES! Good accomadations. The price is a little high if we were judging on room alone (by the way- at Disney- all you should really be doing in your room is SLEEPING---too much other stuff going on), However- the price includes three pools (heated), bus service to any disney park practically door to door and DONKEY KONG in the arcade...[Yep. My son thought the same thing you are right now- but it's ok- I liked that game.]

Dining Plan (Magic your way plus dining)- YES! You cannot eat all the food you get, and you still save money every time- here is an actual examples:
    Le Cellier- Dinner for 2 - $87.50 plus 18% gratuity = 103.75
    Meal plan = $71.98 for the whole day- which included two additional counter service meals and two drinks/snacks.

RICHARD (cast member) Prime Time Cafe - YES! He aggravated
    my mother in law so much...It was worth the price right there. The Fried chicken was great and GET Dad's Ice Cream Sundae for desert. You can't eat it all- but do it anyway! Jamie was our waitress and she was GREAT!

Donald's Breakfast-osaurus - YES! Great character meal- great food and the chef- who's name escapes me right now- was EXTRA super in providing a special three platter personal buffet for a family member with a latex allergy.

Photo Pass- YES YES! Photo pass is a great idea. Buy the disk for $100. You get the rights to copy, print, etc, and the photos are superb quality. Professional pic's at the characters and main attractions throughout all 4 parks. Just give them your card. We had 291 pictures total. Less than 35 cents each. Can't hire a photographer for that. A great addition to pictures of my thumb that we come home with from each and every vacation.

Tough To Be a Bug- YES! Philharmagic was fun, the muppets left something to be desired, but the Tough to be a bug show (in the Tree of Life- AK) SUPER. Well done and lots of fun.

The Festival of the Lion King - Yes! Great performances all around. This was the best live show we saw in all of Disney. Beauty and the Beast was second.

Cast Members- YES! The people who really don't get the credit they deserve. Each and every one we met was pleasant and helpful. They never said no...and I can be demanding. Special thanks and recognition to Patty at the Liberty Tree Inn, and John (cousin) at the O'Hana dinner, also to Steve the bus driver and Jose the Magical Express driver. Each of these cast members made their part of our trip extra magical.

It truly is the most magical place on Earth!

Mark Bee
    http://www.bladesofblue.com

• Banned User

Re: Mark Bee's Disney World Picks

Jose the Magical Express driver isn't a CM. He works for Mears. lol

Anyway, glad you had fun!

• Sock Puppet

Yay for positivity! I like hearing the good things about Disney World!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am going to WDW in July. I am especialy interested in using photo pass and buying the CD. I have done many of the things that you mentioned. This will be my first WDW trip, where we do not fly, we are driving from Chicago. I have arranged a split stay. 4 nights at CBR and 2 nights at the Grand Floridian. I love going to both Disney World and Disneyland. What's not to like?

• Looking for the Mouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill

Anyway, glad you had fun!
    Ah- I stand corrected---but he still was a part of our magical moments...and a swell one at that.

Bill- I'm curious- do you like any of the shows/bands in the parks? I only see attraction and general comments from you usually? Have you watched "Off Kilter", for example? I also appreciated 4 for a buck (who open the Beauty and the Beast show).

Thanks to everyone for their GREAT ideas for this trip!

Mark Bee

• Self Congratulative

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Leave it to Bill to be "More WDW than thou" haha

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by markbee
    Ah- I stand corrected---but he still was a part of our magical moments...and a swell one at that.

Bill- I'm curious- do you like any of the shows/bands in the parks? I only see attraction and general comments from you usually? Have you watched "Off Kilter", for example? I also appreciated 4 for a buck (who open the Beauty and the Beast show).

Thanks to everyone for their GREAT ideas for this trip!

Mark Bee
    Shows and Bands... I hate the show we have in MK. That tragedy called something like Cheaperellabration. Shows I like? British Invasion, Off Kilter, the drummers at AK, the Jammitors, basically every fireworks show and parade... Festival of the Lion King... Legend of the Lion King (when it was there) and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I like a lot of the other entertainment in the Studios and around World Showcase at Epcot too.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Magical Express- YES!
    I'll disagree, but I am a wicked minority on this subject.

Expedition Everest - YES!
    Oh hell yes.

Off Kilter - YES!

I can't say I've ever seen them.

Tower Of Terror- YES!

Great ride.

POP Century - YES!

I guess, it was very good, not my favorite Disney Hotel though at all.

my mother in law so much...It was worth the price right there.
    Great restaurant...my father was sent to time out.

Donald's Breakfast-osaurus - YES! Great character meal- great food and the chef- who's name escapes me right now- was EXTRA super in providing a special three platter personal buffet for a family member with a latex allergy.

It's a very good restaurant for dealing with allergies...aswesomely good, one of the best...but it used to be so nice to do an early morning pre-park hours breakfast when no one else was there...it's been discovered now and it just isn't fun anymore the way you are crowded through.
    [/quote]

• Vehicle rotating backward

He aggravated my mother in law so much...It was worth the price right there.
    I laughed so much at this quote that I may have hurt something. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

• Self Congratulative

Jammitors!!! That's what it was! THANKS BILL!