• Attraction That Is Not A Part Of A Pavilion

3 5.66%
  • Future World and Everything In It Reaks

3 5.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The one, the only...

Re: EPCOT's Best Future World Attraction Pavilions

This is a great question and a hard one to answer. When I think of Pavilion it think it should have multiple things to do, a restaurant, a couple rides, maybe an exhibit. To me, one ride does not qualify as a pavilion.

So...

The Land This is the best example left of a pavilion in Epcot. There are places to eat, a great ride, and places to learn something about the topic, living with the land. It is an all around experience.

Living Seas This is also a great experience, maybe a little less coordinated than the land. There is a great place to eat, a good show, Turtle Talk, and some great places to learn about water creatures. It is missing a great ride to make it complete.

Other great rides

Older attractions:

>> Spaceship earth and Universe of Energy -- Both these rides are great and still are worthy be enjoyed.

Newer Attractions:

>> Mission: Space and Test Track -- Both these rides provide a one-two punch to the thrill factor for the park.

Disappointments:

Imagination Institute / Journey into imagination-- For such a wonderful topic, how can these attractions be so DULL! The original Journey into Imagination had some class to it. These attractions drag down the reputation of Epcot.

Innovations -- It is just TOO commercial. I keep on feeling like I am going through a timeshare presentation in which I am supposed to sign up at the end. Disney needs to scale back the sales pitch and revamp this exploitive excuse for an attraction.

While I agree that Wonders of Life needs to close, I did love the Cranium Command. The concept of the wonders of the human body COULD be the best thing at Epcot IF they moved the pavilion where people could find it and presented an updated exploration of life.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Wow Mike! This is what I call one detailed and entertaining post - or should I say treatise? I share your "soarin" enthusiasm over the lion's share of the FW attractions - as well as the music. Critics can cease there chimes that "Mikey likes everything at WDW" - as you blatantly do not. Sounds like if you had your way that it would be renamed the Retro-Wonders of 80's Life, or, as it was so aptly put, Richard Simmons Heaven. Saving Cranium Command, can I help you implode this pavilion?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    This is a great question and a hard one to answer. When I think of Pavilion it think it should have multiple things to do, a restaurant, a couple rides, maybe an exhibit. To me, one ride does not qualify as a pavilion.

So...

The Land This is the best example left of a pavilion in Epcot. There are places to eat, a great ride, and places to learn something about the topic, living with the land. It is an all around experience.

Living Seas This is also a great experience, maybe a little less coordinated than the land. There is a great place to eat, a good show, Turtle Talk, and some great places to learn about water creatures. It is missing a great ride to make it complete.

Other great rides

Older attractions:

>> Spaceship earth and Universe of Energy -- Both these rides are great and still are worthy be enjoyed.

Newer Attractions:

>> Mission: Space and Test Track -- Both these rides provide a one-two punch to the thrill factor for the park.

Disappointments:

Imagination Institute / Journey into imagination-- For such a wonderful topic, how can these attractions be so DULL! The original Journey into Imagination had some class to it. These attractions drag down the reputation of Epcot.

Innovations -- It is just TOO commercial. I keep on feeling like I am going through a timeshare presentation in which I am supposed to sign up at the end. Disney needs to scale back the sales pitch and revamp this exploitive excuse for an attraction.

While I agree that Wonders of Life needs to close, I did love the Cranium Command. The concept of the wonders of the human body COULD be the best thing at Epcot IF they moved the pavilion where people could find it and presented an updated exploration of life.
    As always Jiminy, your post is well written and highly thought provoking. Innoventions is probably the most poorly attended attraction in all of WDW - and we don't like the one at Disneyland any better. A ghastly timeshare presentation is like an E-Ticket, in comparison.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    And don't hate me, but I like Journey Into Imagination...idk why. I miss the old one, sure, but I still like this one. I'm a freak.
    You aren't alone. I'm a teacher...how could I not love this spectacle and, in fact, all of Epcot? If only I was in field trip distance!

peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    I voted for a lot of them.
    Spaceship Earth - probably my favorite - it's the classic one!
    Wonders Of Life - a lot of fun, acting like a big kid. That's what I did there and that's why I liked it
    The Living Nemo (Seas) - yes, it's been Nemo-fied on so many levels but I still enjoy it. I can just watch those fish in the tanks forever. I'm weird like that.
    The Land - eh, it's just a classic. Soarin' or no Soarin'

And I really wish I could say Journey Into Imagination was on this list.. but not anymore and not yet.
    I think Spaceship Earth and Universe of Energy rule, BPF. They are every bit as captivating and fun as the newer Mission: SPACE and Test Track. The Living Nemo hee hee (Seas) is another personal favorite. I dig fish as you do - and adore the Nemo theming.

Nothing at WPCOT can beat the dynamic duo of Soaring and Licing With the Land. If Wonders of Life closes down one day, I hope that Disney will preserve the unsung Cranium Command.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover
    Great question and a tough one for me as I like all of them. I would have been a bit easier for me if some of the older attractions had been options too. Because I loved the original Imagination ride with both Dreamfinder & Figment and the Imagination Works that went with it better than the current version and a billion times better than that horrible non Figment version (the person who thought of that one should have been beaten in the middle of Main Street USA ...LOL) I also really loved Horizons and The World Of Motion. I miss the ride at the Living Seas (I haven't been there since Crush opened up so I can't judge that yet). But as for what is listed I like to ride most of them every trip (I am claustrophobic so Mission Space is a no go for me again, it really bugged me last time but it was a good ride) plus the going backwards down Spaceship Earth really bothers me sometime so I have to judge that on how I feel that day. Elsewise I do them all.
    Unfortunately, I never saw Horions or The World of Motion - read all about the former though. The pavilion's option of a "return" vehicle and environment was one-of-a-kind unique. Clueless about WoM, and wish that somebody would tell me about what it was like.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-24-2006 at 08:01 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Unfortunately, I never saw Horions or The World of Motion - read all about the former though. The pavilion's option of a "return" vehicle and environment was one=of-a-kind unique. Clueless about WoM, and wish that somevody would tell me about what it was like.
    If you listen to Mouseworldradio...they ocassionally play the enitre ride thourgh of Horizons and World of Motion. If I had time, and wasn't so tired, I would describe it. Unfortunately, my memory for them is fading. I wish I could remember half of the World of Motion the way I used too...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Unfortunately, I never saw Horions or The World of Motion - read all about the former though. The pavilion's option of a "return" vehicle and environment was one-of-a-kind unique. Clueless about WoM, and wish that somebody would tell me about what it was like.
    Ride Warrior give me a little chance and I will try and send you video of both rides that I shot years ago. I have a hectic week but I'll work on it for you.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

I voted for Wonders of Life because I feel it was the most balanced pavilion. Body Wars is my favorite Epcot thrill (I still think it's more intense than Mission Space) and Cranium Command is one of the funniest shows in WDW history. The Making of Me is a fun and entertaining little film that is almost too similar to Back to the Future (If you are going to somewhat copy something, why not pick one of the best films of the 80's?) and the Sensory Funhouse was fun for all ages. The Coach's Corner was a dream come true for young athletes because you really felt like you were getting advice from a pro. And the excercise bikes gave me the closest feeling I've ever had to be in Disneyland (One day I'll be there ).

This pavilion had it all under one roof. Not to mention the only place to get healthy snacks in Future World and one of the best attraction area music loops in WDW history. I still listen to it all the time.

Talking Re: EPCOT's Best Future World Attraction Pavilions

True Wonders of Life is (was) a true family pleasin' pavillion. Cranium Command was such a fun and classic attraction. Even the use of 80's celebs was still fun and fresh after 15 years.
    However...Spaceship Earth rising above all of the rest...visible from a distance...with the magic wand (my family LOVED it, really)...Spaceship Earth is the key to FW.

• Minion

I voted Imagination, though it would truly apply to the original. The current version is okay with Figment returning from his four years in exile, but the Dreamport completely kicks the *** of the Institute from it's truly imaginative areas, incredible detail and great effects. God I wish I rode the original.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Does anyone find it ironic that the Imagination pavilion is now so devoid of imagination? Or that the Wonders of Life is a dead, desulatory place now?

Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Does anyone find it ironic that the Imagination pavilion is now so devoid of imagination? Or that the Wonders of Life is a dead, desulatory place now?

Just wondering.
    I hadn't thought about that

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974

Just wondering.
    When HISTA becomes HISTA'ry, I doubt that very many will shed a tear. Journey is much better - but I do wish thet Disney would tweak the ride and it's vehicles so that they move about from scene to scene as wild and zany as IOA's Cat In The Hat.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-01-2006 at 10:27 PM.

• Seven Seas Buffoon

The Living Seas - Well done and we'll see once the refurb is complete. Once the boy gets a bit older, snorkling and dolphins will be neat as long as those tours remain available.

The Land - Soaring .... Great and Disney Magic at its struttin best. The old John Denver toon is missed in the boat ride and the ride still sucks with a guide who does it over & over & over..... That would be my personal hell, running the boat in The Land.

Imagination: What happened to the Dreamcatcher? I love Michael Palin, but geez, that was a great ride and kids had a blast. BTW....TOT has a random sequence with the elevators, can they please bring that innovation over to the stink sequence at Imagination? Roses, perfume, garlic would be nice once in a while, eh?

Motion: I liked the old GM ride with the barnstormers and history lesson, but they did a great job with Test Track.

Horizons: I remember body wars was lousy and have not seen it in years as it seems its closed whenever I visit. I remember Cranium Command being pretty good.

Mission: Space - The most intense ride I have ever experienced. Once was great and it should nevertheless be held in the highest regard.

Energy: A monstrosity needing immediate refurbishment. I was on this thing in '82 well befor ellen and the scientist and it was pretty good for the first 3 times. The ride (if you can call it that) is way past its lifespan. I (and others I have visited with) have a bit of a problem with Ellen as the spokesperson. I do not want to offend anyone, but the usual images come to mind in the queing area.

Spaceship Earth - Great. N'uf said. Hopefully Siemans will continue the tradition.
    Last edited by JerseyPat; 03-01-2006 at 10:24 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast