• Disney Memory Maker

Post Disney World getting better for teens?

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20358

With Disney building rollercoaster such as Rock 'n' Rollercoaster & Expedition Everest, and other thrill rides such as Mission:Space and Test Track, is Disney World becoming more accessible and likable to teens?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Disney World getting better for teens?

We have a bunch of teens here on MiceChat, and the general opinion of all those above rides except Everest is lukewarm to negative.

Whether or not you agree with the stereotype that young people as a whole like their attracitons to be high-speed and nausea-inducing, the existance of such rides does nothing to be "more accessible" at these prices. TWDC priced themselves out of the reach of minimum-wage vacationers some time ago. Pop Century helps out quite a bit but there's still that issue about the price of park tickets.

Disneyland, on the other hand, has made itself too accessable to anyone who happens to be unfortunate enough to live in Southern California (oops, my opinion, sorry) and can scrap together $100 a year. That is a dangerous path on the far other end of the spectrum and I think WDW should think twice before shifting to that method. DL has, in essence, become just as much a local mall like the Galleria as it has a destination like the MK.

I'm 15. I loved both Horizons and World of Motion, and would prefer both over Mission: Space and Test Track. That might be because I enjoyed the older attractions when I was younger so I have more of an emotional attachment to them, but the new rides don't really do it for me. And believe me, I love thrill rides - Cedar Point is one of my favorite places. The resort is just as good for teens as it has always been, in my opinion.

• Self Congratulative

Quote Originally Posted by Danny
    I'm 15. I loved both Horizons and World of Motion, and would prefer both over Mission: Space and Test Track.
    That's some mighty big talkin' there sport! I loved both attractions to death, but personally I would have loved to see all of them stay. I wish more than anything that horizons could have stayed, but at the same time I loooove the Test Track and Le Mission Space.

I wish there could be a museum that the old rides could retire to.

I think mostly the whole Disney experience is youth oriented already. The thrill rides just get free media attention.

Test Track is awesome, but I don't think Mission: Space is that fun. Anyway, the rides certainly do attract teens, as do other thrill rides such as RRC and ToT (and now Everest), but I bet most teens would come to the parks even without those rides.