Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

A sad day for WDW's Cast Members.

I found this article on the Orlando Sentinal website.

Sheriff investigates report of rape of Disney worker

Reporter Henry Pierson Curtis filed this report:

A group of young Walt Disney World workers are being questioned about a co-worker’s accusation that they raped her over the weekend, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. The victim told deputies that she was attacked between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. Sunday as she walked home from a friend’s apartment inside a fenced housing complex for foreign employees in the theme parks’ college program, reports show. Four or five French men grabbed her and carried her into an apartment in the complex. The men allowed her to phone her friend but they ended the call before she could say where she was being held, she told deputies. A Disney spokesperson could not be reached for comment. No arrests had been made by late Monday afternoon. Anyone with information is asked to call Crimeline at 407-423-8477.
    Full story can be read at http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/new...f_investi.html

• Minion

Re: A sad day for WDW's Cast Members.

Oh no! That is sad and I hope it turns out to be a hoax or prank. Not good...

• Banned User

am waiting till i hear the full story before I make any decisions. but I thought security was better at CP housing..

• Disney Memory Maker

More information can be read in this article. Right now, Disney isn't commenting, but is co-operating with authorities.

I hope that if this is indeed true, Disney fires the frenchmen and we put them in jail. I feel very bad for the person it happened to.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• I was deleted.

To me.. it sounds like this can happen at ANY campus, ANY living complex.. and it's in the news here because it's DISNEY. That's the most sad thing.

Wow. After hearing such news I wish I was back in LBV to hear it before it's been filtered!

iluvstitch, wrdup... heard anything?
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 02-28-2006 at 01:28 PM.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Very sad indeed... but somehow I'm not surprised. With all the partying (and drinking) that often goes on there, I would be surprised if this sort of thing hasn't happened before and just never got to the media. And I agree that it's really sad that it's getting such attention just because it's Disney, while this sort of thing sadly happens quite often in any place.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

I know it could happen anywhere, but, as somebody who's hoping to do the program this year, it doesn't make me feel very comfortable about the security.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Remember the Magic
    I know it could happen anywhere, but, as somebody who's hoping to do the program this year, it doesn't make me feel very comfortable about the security.
    Again I don't think we're getting the entire story. If anything I wouldn't let this discourage you from doing the program. Especially with how things work in the world, "one person ruins it for everyone" and in this case they'll probably strenghten their rules and/or security afterwards. I always had good experiences with security, which was mainly at Chatham Square. Again .. it's something that can happen anywhere though. But I would like to hear the entire story before we start making any true judgments, if at all.

WDW is the real world. And the CP can be more like MTV's Real World.

Still, you are much safer at WDW than at most places. This doesn't happen every day or every month or every year. We also don't know all the details yet either.

Remember when gates started appearing at WDW resorts in the 1990s?
    That was in direct response to a rape at CBR. The only problem was as it later turned out, the rape was made up and never happened. It was just a scheme to defraud Disney of $$$.

I won't say this is the same. I'll just say anything can happen anywhere.

If you thought about how scary the world could be you'd never get out of bed ... course you can die there too but anyway ... that's my magical thought for the day.\

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

My thoughts and prayers to all the involved parties, no matter what the truth of the matter turns out to be.

Thank you,

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• All you need is LOVE

This is very sad how the world is.

Quote Originally Posted by Remember the Magic
    Security is very good at all CP housing. I know this was not always the case but over the past few years they have really tightened up. Unfortunatly this is very hard for security since all people involved were Disney cast members. Its not like some one jumped the fence and snuck into one of the rooms. Don't let this incident change your mind about joining. I had one of the best times of my life and never felt uncomfortable about the security at all. If anything they go a little over board most of the times.

Read the related thread..... she was drunk and high and consented.... I mean she let them video tape it, and in the video she was not putting up any fight.
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

I am not going to defend the woman's actions, BUT if she was drunk and or high, it's very possible she was in no condition to consent or not consent.

Doesn't mean it was rape, but you can't say the three guys that took their turns were just good, all-American boys looking to sow their oats and didn't mean any harm either. There's something called good judgment, which most people don't have today.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    I am not going to defend the woman's actions, BUT if she was drunk and or high, it's very possible she was in no condition to consent or not consent.

There's something called good judgment, which most people don't have today
    Point is though that she lied. Drunk or not, she lied about them trying to take the phone away from her & she lied about not consenting.

As for the good judgement, though, I'd say it was the girl with the bad judgement. Although what the men did was still somewhat disturbing, it was what they (& apparently the girl) wanted to do. Now the girl had bad judgement, not for joining the men, but for lieing about it, bringing it up herself, bringing Disney into the whole matter & not even admitting her story was false. That's bad judgement.

Doesn't mean it was rape, but you can't say the three guys that took their turns were just good, all-American boys looking to sow their oats and didn't mean any harm either.
    No, but they might be good, all-French boys looking to sow their oats and didn't mean any harm.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast