• Magical Memories fanzine

what do you do when you have lost your tickets?

Ok here's the skinny: I was supposed to go to WDW last year, but because of the hurricane hubbub, I couldnt. I called Disney and they said my tickets would be good for one more year (this year), but now.... I cant find the darned tickets!

I paid through the online Disney site, using my credit card is there anything I can do???? I am frantic here! HEEEEELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigertail777
    Ok here's the skinny: I was supposed to go to WDW last year, but because of the hurricane hubbub, I couldnt. I called Disney and they said my tickets would be good for one more year (this year), but now.... I cant find the darned tickets!

I paid through the online Disney site, using my credit card is there anything I can do???? I am frantic here! HEEEEELP!!!
    Call Disney Reservations and ask to be put through to the ticketing office. They may be able to trace the tickets through your credit card, cancel the old tickets and issue you new ones.

And just a suggestion for everyone out there... When you buy a WDW ticket, photocopy the back of the ticket. If you have the serial number on the ticket it makes it a LOT easier for them to cancel and re-issue them.

(Side note, it's rather odd that Disney said that the tickets were good for only one more year... Unless they were a special ticket, they should be good indefinitely, especially before the Magic Your Way tickets came out)

-Rob

• The Magics in the details

Interesting... DLR makes no reparation for lost tickets. Actually, it's policy NOT to replace lost or stolen tickets, as the resort can't take responsability for a guest's actions. This policy makes no reparation for recipts or travel itineraries too... Lost tickets should are treated like lost cash.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCM
    Interesting... DLR makes no reparation for lost tickets. Actually, it's policy NOT to replace lost or stolen tickets, as the resort can't take responsability for a guest's actions. This policy makes no reparation for recipts or travel itineraries too... Lost tickets should are treated like lost cash.
    Well, I don't think it's actually a *written* policy anywhere, but this has been the experience of a number of people that I've read about on various boards. Also, they only replace them if you have the necessary information needed to track down the numbers. Perhaps Disneyland doesn't keep the same kind of records that WDW does.

One of the authorized ticket resellers (I want to say it's TicketMania, but I'm not sure) even includes a photocopy of the backs of your tickets when you order from them.

I know one instance of "you lose it, it's gone" at WDW was an AP voucher. Though this may have changed with the change to mag-stripe cards that are activated at the store and then turned in at the ticket booths.

-Rob

Thanks Rob I will check into that, and continue to look for those darned tickets as well.

• Banned User

unuesed tockets using Magic your way??? or last years tickets???

Cause i know Magic your way without expiration are good for one year unused.. if used 6 months...

Special promotions might also have that one year rule...

Just like at Disneyland Resort and every other theme park on the planet.....

Lost or Stolen Tickets are NOT REPLACEABLE at the Walt Disney World Resort

It is the customers responsiblility to keep their tickets in a safe and secure place.

Walt Disney World is not responsible for lost and stolen tickets.

Therefore what do you do when you lose your tickets, buy a new one.

• Banned User

(unless you are a AP... then you give them your info and they repalce it free or a minimal charge..)

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    (unless you are a AP... then you give them your info and they repalce it free or a minimal charge..)
    Of $20 at Disneyland.

• Banned User

DL cahrges cause it is plastic ID... WDW paper/whatever material with no photo....

Update: I just got a call from Disney guest services. They very cheerfully and happily said they will send out new tickets and take the old ones out of the system for me. Thats a huge releif, and was very kind of them to do. Thanks everyone for all of your help.

(oh and they only did it because I still had my email order confirmation with the ticket number, otherwise it would have been next to impossible. But they were very friendly about it and didnt charge anything.)

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    When you are on your Disney vacation, and you are presently using the tickets, and you then perhaps accidently lose one say in a restroom or restaurant, I was always under the impression, if you had the number on the back of the ticket, Disney would replace that ticket. It's just good business. I have heard more than one person report this happening to them.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

As long as they can trace your ticket, they can replace it ... tonight I found a 4-day ticket with the food option and water parks added that had either 1 or 2 days left on the walkway near Canada in Epcot ... the person even had their name on it. I turned it in to some CMs in the UK pavilion who said it would be easy to get the ticket back to its owner or issue a new one.