Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Pacha's Trip Report 2/8-2/13

Finally getting to this!

Let me start before the beginning when we started planning this trip about 6 months ago. The first thing I'll say is everyone we worked with at Reservations and Guest Services were courteous, professional and totally cool. The only odd things we ran into with the planning end of this were:
    1. Our request for two adjoining rooms at Coronado Springs couldn't be gauranteed. This seemed odd given what a family oriented company Disney is. No biggie. We booked the two rooms anyway with the understanding that if there were any issues when we arrived, we would work with the resort people to solve them. Fortunately, we got our adjoining rooms.

2. The second oddity is that Reservations somehow lost our reservation. They looked around for about 30 minutes getting supervisors etc. involved. No luck. Must have been that adjoining room request! Anyway, they finally referred us to Guest Services, and Guest Services was able to locate our reservation right away. We then worked with them from then on when we had changes, questions etc. and everything was great with them. Very short wait times and very, very nice people. My wife called them the day before we left and the person she talked to that day gauranteed the adjoining rooms.

When: Feb. 8-13
    Where: WDW (staying at Coronado Springs)
    Who: Pacha, Pacha's DW, Pacha's DD6 (age 6) and Pacha's DD4 (age 4)
    Why: Family vacation/celebrate 10th wedding anniversary/renew wedding vows

Day 1
    Departed Milwaukee around 3PM flying on Midwest Airlines, arrived about 6:55PM at MCO and headed straight to the Magical Express counter. Arrived at Coronado Springs close to 8PM and by that time, the kids were pretty tired, so we settled in, ordered some room service and got to bed early.

Highlights of the day:
    Flying Midwest Airlines. They're a truly incredible airline. The entire cabin is essentially 1st class with 5 across seating (No, I'm not kidding!) and they serve real food. They have meals you can buy for $10 that are halfway decent, and get this: They serve baked onboard chocolate chip cookies! For free! (No, really! I'm not kidding!) One might say they're the Disney of the domestic airline industry. They set the standard for service and comfort.

Using Magical Express. Felt really good to not have to lug bags around! Our first two bags were dropped off around 10PM, which was beyond expectations, and the third bag was delivered around 12:15AM. Late, but no biggie. I was still up at that point.

Low point of the day:
    Kids didn't like the room service pizza. This was a bit frustrating for me because it was like throwing money away: room service doesn't count for the dining plan. Oh well. No use going mental over a $10 pizza.

All in all, it was a great start to a great vacation.

To be continued...

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Re: Pacha's Trip Report 2/8-2/13

Keep it going!!! Good start can't wait to read more!

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Former Epcot CM

More please!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Sock Puppet

Thanks, can't wait to read more. Do you have pictures?

• Minion

All right !!!! Ready for more!!!

• WDW FAN

Get to the day we met. lol

• Iron-Clad Allie

Sounds like Magic Express worked like a charm, by and large. This will make me a lot less apprehensive to use it for the first time, later on. Great initial report!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Got up relatively late, chowed some breakfast (cereal & milk from Panchito's) and hopped the bus for MK. Weather was sunny and a bit cool, but not bad. First thing was Cinderellabration. What an awesome show! Highly recommend it. We stood on the far left (as you're facing the castle) and close to the stage. The view there was excellent, even for the kids.

Next up, a few rides. DD4 and I rode the Dumbo ride and DW and DD6 visited Ariel. Fun for the kids.

After that it was lunch in the Castle with the princesses. I highly, highly recommend doing this! Food was excellent, the show aspect of it was wonderful and the kids really enjoyed the meet and greet part of it. Great time!

Next up, Tomorrowland! Rode Space Mountain with DD6, Rocket Rods with DD4, Goofy's Barnstormer with both kids, talked with Push a bit and did some misc. bumming around.

Next was Frontierland where DD6 and I rode BTMR. Grabbed some dinner at some place I can't remember off the top of my head - Peco's Bill's maybe? Anywho, after that, caught SpectroMagic, which was waayy cool! Rode Pirates and finally caught the closing fireworks - Wishes, I think? Back to Coronado Springs for some R&R. The night was too chilly for swimming and DD6 was tired and not feeling too well. More on that later...

All in all, it was a good day. There was one Guest who was rude to us and others watching SpectroMagic. Fortunately, this didn't spoil the overall day, so I'm not even going to discuss what happened here.

A few pics below, with more on the way...

Next update will be day 3 and will include highlights of our vow renewal and visit to MGM Studios.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Sounds like Magic Express worked like a charm, by and large. This will make me a lot less apprehensive to use it for the first time, later on. Great initial report!
    Magical Express did work out very well for us. And thanks for the compliment!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gwbeachjr
    Get to the day we met. lol
    LOL! To quote a sort of famous, groov(e)y cartoon character, "Working on it!"

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    SpectroMagic
    Hey, we saw the same performance of this and didn't even know it!

You didn't happen to be watching from the path from the hub towards Tomorrowland, did you? I don't remember intentionally being rude to anyone, but did wriggle my way through quite a crowd to get near the curb. Heh.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Hey, we saw the same performance of this and didn't even know it!

You didn't happen to be watching from the path from the hub towards Tomorrowland, did you? I don't remember intentionally being rude to anyone, but did wriggle my way through quite a crowd to get near the curb. Heh.
    Aha! So, it was you! J/K!
    We were at the very end of the parade near BTMR. Cool that you were there. Too bad we missed each other.

• Minion

As promised, more pictures of MK. Day 3 report to follow...

• Minion

Day 3. The day after day 2. The day before day 4. The third day...

OK, this was the day we exchanged our vows at Sunset Point, which is near the Polynesian. After that, we visited Disney MGM Studios.

The day started with a limo ride (part of the Wedding package) to the Poly with our driver, Bruce. Strange. He didn't look anything like Bruce from Nemo. Anyway...
    It was quite fun to have Guests at Cornado Springs and Poly comment on our clothes and look at us funny as we stepped into the limo! Hee hee!!

The ceremony itself was awesome. Very romantic and very "Disney" with a special surprise at the end. I won't say what the surprise was, but it...actually they, are very nice!
    Sunset Point was a great location because of the scenic view, the beach for the kids to run around on, and Cinderella's castle in the background (complete with Cinderellabration fireworks firing just as the ceremony ended).
    One interesting observation: There were a couple of Guests bombing around the lake on personal watercraft. I noticed they slowed down, seemingly out of courtesy, when they saw our ceremony. I don't think they did this to gawk either. They just slowed down to keep the noise low for us.

After the ceremony, it was a short golf cart ride to the Poly for lunch at the Kona Cafe. Lunch was great, except that DD6 didn't eat much, seemed a bit more listless and complained that her tummy didn't feel so good. More on that later...

Originally, I was against doing the vow renewal because of the cost, but now I'm glad we did! The package we got was the most basic one, not the big $70,000 deal that some of you might have seen on the Food Channel! Our package included a live violin player, cake (bigtime yummy!), flowers, photographer, champagne, 4 hours of limo time, and the special surprises I mentioned above. Ours was a short, simple ceremony for just the 4 of us - didn't need, and couldn't afford, the mega-package!

Anyway, after a delicious lunch at Kona, it was a short limo ride back to CS in order to change clothes for MGM. Bruce, the limo driver, deserves special mention here because, despite having a sore shoulder, he helped us carry stuff back to our room. Thanks for going above and beyond, Bruce!

Had a bit of limo time left, so used that to get to MGM. Again, it was fun to see the looks on people's faces as we piled out of the limo and headed to MGM.

Once there, DD6 and I rode ToT. I told her before we got on that it would be scary, but she insisted, so we rode it. She didn't mind the ride part, but DID NOT like the preshow. Oh well. No long term aftereffects, so no biggie there.

After that, we bummed around the animation area and did a meet and greet with Chicken Little characters. Sort of a shame what's become of that area. Back in '96, we had the pleasure of seeing real animators working on Mulan. Oh well. Hopefully Lasseter brings things back to their original glory.

From there it was off to Playhouse Disney Live. Lucked out and got front row seats. Great show! Highly recommended if you have little ones.

From there, we caught the Beauty and the Beast live show. Very, very well done and also highly recommended for all ages!

After that, we wandered around a bit and had a meet and greet with Minnie, Mickey and Goofy. (See below for a couple pics.)

For the life of me, I don't remember what we did after that, but the day ended with a wonderful dinner at the Hollywood and Vine. Again, DD6 didn't eat much, seemed excessively tired and complained that her tummy wasn't good.

From there, grabbed a bus back to CS and chilled the rest of the evening.

• WDW FAN

when did you meet me???

:-D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast