Lately, I've been really enjoying listening to music from Disney theme parks on live internet radio. It really takes me into the parks, and makes my workday a little easier.
I also love making Top Ten lists. Just ask my wife and kids. It's a weird quirk.
With that, I thought I would start a thread of Top Ten (or however many you want to list) pieces of music from WDW. These are the ones that really remind you of everything you love about Disney, and WDW specifically.
Here's my list:
10. Ellen's Energy Adventure (exit) - Epcot
9. Illuminations pre-music - Epcot
8. Splash Mountain - MK ("How do you do?")
7. Main Street U.S.A. (loop) - MK
6. Wishes - MK
And my Top 5.....
5. Standing in Motion - Innoventions Fountain - Epcot: of all the songs played at the fountain, this one - from, of all artists... Yanni? is my favorite, and is such an incredibly rich and exciting piece of work, I can't help but "crank it" at work.
4. Soarin' - Epcot: A truly soaring (excuse the pun) piece of work, that is quite possibly the best-integrated music for any attraction, ever. Beautiful.
3. Tapestry of Nations - Epcot: I could put this music on a continuous loop in my office and never get sick of it. The combination of the African themed melody, and its variation as it visits the "nations" is truly unique, and rich.
2. Fantasmic! - MGM: Particularly "Finale". Gets me every time. Building to a creszendo when Mickey appears high above the set (and hearing the cheers - in my head - from the audience).
no contest -
1. Illuminations - Reflections of Earth - Epcot: From start to finish, an amazing, exhilarating, inspiring "journey" that is simply awesome (whether you're watching the show, or just listening to the music). I'm going to throw in "We Go On" and "Promise" because the whole package is just about perfect. I get choked up whenever I listen to it.
Anyway.... thanks for indulging me. What's yours?