Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Musing Over the Pirates Rehab

ORRDU: Today--since we had nothing better to do in Morva besides stirring over a new potion inside a bubbling cauldon--my sisters and I decided to spontaneously drop the ladles and grab our brooms to make a last minute flight to the Magic Kingdom in Florida.

ORWEN: When we got there, we noticed that Pirates of the Caribbean was already closed for the famous rehab everyone's been talking about.

ORDDU: But the cast members we spoke with claimed that the Florida version of the ride would be out of service until July--just like the one in California is scheduled to be.

ORWEN: Is this true? I mean, we had thought the Florida version would only go down for a few weeks before coming back up--and then go down for just a few more weeks at some point--before coming up for a permanent reopening.

ORDDU: The cast members did admit that the additions to the Florida version would not be as extensive as the additions to the California ride. They all claimed that Pirates in Florida will be adding 3 additional audioanimatronic figures but couldn't confirm any additional special effects. Just thought we'd toss this latest tidbit into the cauldron for the rest of you to mull over with us. Feel free to let us hear what YOU'VE heard, as well.

• Minion

Re: Musing Over the Pirates Rehab

Actually, Pirates at WDW's renovation has two phases. The current one is basic maintenance and the ride will reopen in April for the Easter crowds before closing again in May for the final phase adding in Jack and the others.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Banned User

Actually, the CMs at Pirates don't know anything about their attraction. LOL.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Actually, the CMs at Pirates don't know anything about their attraction. LOL.
    Hey! Some of the do.

But it is good to hear about a possible re-open over the Spring Break time since FL visitors don't quite understand the entire rehab process as well as DL guests do. And boo to that! But keep us updated ladies!!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Yes it was quite sad to find it closed Wednesday instead of Thursday...thus I missed it.

• Minion

ORWEN: I wonder why some cast members are kept in the dark so much about certain things. Oh, well...

ORDDU: In the meantime, we thank each of the sweet ducklings who shared their own opinions and insights.

ORGOCH: Got frogs?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Will it open? My guess is yes. They take a month, maybe 5 weeks and give it a good spruce, maybe work on the sound and lightings (it was DARK its last week) and then reopend for 2-3 weeks before closing it again . Thats my guess. It's 3200 possible pph will be needed in Easter time.

I hate the fact ignorant guests bitching at City Hall actually help cause lower show quality and park upkeep by making WDW officials so afraid to close attractions and give them the TLC they need.

I posted this once on SomeOtherDisneyApologistSite.com, but I can remember as a kid -- when you couldn't park hop because there was no other park to hop to, except for Sea World and you'd have to be a really good hopper but I digress -- showing up at the MK one day and Space Mountain, 20,000 Leagues, Peter Pan and CoP were all down for rehab ... we survived just fine.

Now top attractions like Pirates fall into disrepair and Disney's managers are afraid of pissing off guests to close them.

Unbelievable.

BTW, I hope the rumors of Pirates reopening in April are wrong. Leave it closed and get it ready for the 21st century alreadY!

• Banned User

Nah 1974, the rumors are right. Sorry.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    I hate the fact ignorant guests bitching at City Hall actually help cause lower show quality and park upkeep by making WDW officials so afraid to close attractions and give them the TLC they need.

I posted this once on SomeOtherDisneyApologistSite.com, but I can remember as a kid -- when you couldn't park hop because there was no other park to hop to, except for Sea World and you'd have to be a really good hopper but I digress -- showing up at the MK one day and Space Mountain, 20,000 Leagues, Peter Pan and CoP were all down for rehab ... we survived just fine.

Now top attractions like Pirates fall into disrepair and Disney's managers are afraid of pissing off guests to close them.

Unbelievable.

BTW, I hope the rumors of Pirates reopening in April are wrong. Leave it closed and get it ready for the 21st century alreadY!
    Exactly! Like I said... guests at WDW don't think like DLR guests tend to. That refelcts the different visitor trends. You get 3-5 year visitors, families at WDW compared to the 80% repeat guests at DLR. The repeats will come back for attractions if they are getting fixed while at WDW they come back for what's new. They save up and expect to ride that IASW, Jungle Cruise, Mansion, etc. they've heard about! Which is true... but unfair for Disney's "high" standards to stay on track with the amount of required upkeep, etc. I hope that Disney re-looks into this situation fairly soon and finds a stronger solution. Maybe it's just a week-long, 24/7 operation with extra man-power instead? Is that something they can invest in more with their budgets to better impact guests, effect, and keep Disney up with technology with their "themed" attractions compared to "thrill" attractions.

I think I got a little but it tends to relate. Any comments gang?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

why does Disneylands need more time for the Re-hab then Disneyworlds? is it because of all the water damage?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Nah 1974, the rumors are right. Sorry.
    So when will it reopen and reclose?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Exactly! Like I said... guests at WDW don't think like DLR guests tend to. That refelcts the different visitor trends. You get 3-5 year visitors, families at WDW compared to the 80% repeat guests at DLR. The repeats will come back for attractions if they are getting fixed while at WDW they come back for what's new. They save up and expect to ride that IASW, Jungle Cruise, Mansion, etc. they've heard about! Which is true... but unfair for Disney's "high" standards to stay on track with the amount of required upkeep, etc. I hope that Disney re-looks into this situation fairly soon and finds a stronger solution. Maybe it's just a week-long, 24/7 operation with extra man-power instead? Is that something they can invest in more with their budgets to better impact guests, effect, and keep Disney up with technology with their "themed" attractions compared to "thrill" attractions.

I think I got a little but it tends to relate. Any comments gang?
    All WDW has to do it go back to what worked so well for its first two-plus decades. Regular rehabs. Regular closings. If the guests don't like it, too bad. The WDW tourist to regular ratio hasn't changed dramatically in the past decade ... if anything, you actually have more semi-regulars due to DVC, cheap airfares and people buying APs to save $$$ and adding an extra trip.

It's just a very convenient excuse to not do needed work. If DL regulars saw the condition of many of WDW's E-Tickets, they'd swear Queen Cynthia had taken residence in Dr. Phillips, Bay Hill or Windermere.

What makes it all the more inexcusable is that WDW does have four parks, so big deal if Pirates is closed for three months every few years ... there are so many more options.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    why does Disneylands need more time for the Re-hab then Disneyworlds? is it because of all the water damage?
    No, it'e because DL's version is twice the length and will be getting considerably more additions than the MK version will.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    So when will it reopen and reclose?
    Should re-open early April... Closes at the end of April.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast