• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Observations from WDW over the weekend.

It seems the Norway Viking ship is all boarded up. I hope the lawyers didn't get to it.

New sign from Siemens after SSE.

Get the (&*^ off the grass!!! This is a prime example of kids in groups being dumb. What possibly said to them it was okay to be up on the grass near the gardens at the Land. No one else was!
    '
    Finally got IN to Club Cool. Is that it?? One basic room with no ceiling and nothing cool to see like "snow". I hate removing good things for lame things.

Everest is being advertised everywhere.

Brand new attraction and the queue is already a temporary one that doesn't go near the main enterance untill you are well into it and have passed through closed FP machines...sad because for such a new ride it doesn't seem like queue lenght was planned well.

Filming everywhere this weekend.

ESPN filming the Carousel...oddly.

Philharmagic not using FP...maybe this is a good sign it is ditching it.

ESPN the Weekend.

ESPN The Weekend.

Notes:
    -Had a great dinner at Biergarten.
    -Had one lousy Jungle Cruise skipper. THis lady needed to be hanged for her complete lack of enthusiasm/giving a **** for what she was doing.
    -Very little crowds.

Re: Observations from WDW over the weekend.

Yeah, so apparently linking to images from my photo albums doesnt work...sorry. Lol feel free to follow the links I guess.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Love the photos, thanks for sharing, makes me want to go even more. It's only been 2 months and I already need my Disney fix. LOL DD!!

I do have a question for you though. Did you get to ride EE? Because when I went on it the queue was HUGE and the theme throughout was fabulous.

Just didn't want you to think they threw up a wall and called it a queue. LOL

Ha ha LMAO I've ridden Everest 7 times, I went one Saturday just to wait in line for it between shows at MGM...Yeah I know it's a detailed queue...but it suprised me how short it actually was the first time I saw it...and seeing how it is already running "line to the side with a rope and retail standee sign" someone else agrees...

• I was deleted.

Ooh.. and it sounds like you're jinxed with JC skippers at that park too? You can join my club. But I'd have to start one first. It's a good thing I think the idea of one is almost as pathetic as being stuck on one of those boats, saying each punchline in my OWN head so I can at least laugh at what they miss.

I would also like to say those kids on the hill!! My goodness! Parents? Chaperones? Cast Member? Anyone! Any idea how long they were there? That's just disturbing if you ask me.

Moving on.. yay for pictures and thank you for sharing. The crowd factor makes me wish I was there visiting. Oh boo! At least you're there for me in spirit, right?

One more thing! SO glad I'm not around for the ESPN Weekend. The 10th SSOW was enough for me, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Oh boo! At least you're there for me in spirit, right?
    Absolutely!

I don't consider myself jinxed...but she was horrible. At the docks the "jokes" just came across as sarcasm...I can enjoy that. Within the ride...it just came across as "I hate my job...so you can hate my ride!!"

I have to add I was not pleased with the new Living Seas...I know it is only half done but the paint is kinda generic...and pretty much you go in, there is a Nemo gift shop, eveything is metallic blue and Crush's line takes up all of floor one. For Crush.
    It wasn't as dark as I feared though!! The initial photos I saw made it seem dreary...but it was still bright enough. Way to go for that!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Absolutely!

I don't consider myself jinxed...but she was horrible. At the docks the "jokes" just came across as sarcasm...I can enjoy that. Within the ride...it just came across as "I hate my job...so you can hate my ride!!"

I have to add I was not pleased with the new Living Seas...I know it is only half done but the paint is kinda generic...and pretty much you go in, there is a Nemo gift shop, eveything is metallic blue and Crush's line takes up all of floor one. For Crush.
    It wasn't as dark as I feared though!! The initial photos I saw made it seem dreary...but it was still bright enough. Way to go for that!
    Yeah.. I know.. but I think it's good for families though. It's fun. But thanks again for the pictures. I enjoy them. But I know the crazy feeling of taking them... so thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Absolutely!

Did she fire her gun into the top of the boat? Heh, I think I had the same skipper a while back. I asked my roommate who worked with her what the deal was, and he said that she's just been there so long that everyone doesn't even bother to ask why she does things so crappy.

I guess I really don't mind the kids on the grass that much. As long as they were in a place where they won't get hurt, and as long as their behaving themselves, more power to em'. The Disney parks are just that, parks, and people take kindly to grass. I think that if you prohibit too much natural land, it takes away from the beauty of a place.

I always thought it would be neat if there was a way to clear up a little green space near Cinderella Castle so that people could roll out blankets and have an honest good time watching the fireworks as family. Just think, the market for throws would skyrocket.

Unfortunately, there would be enough people out there to ruin this too. But as long as they weren't causing any trouble, I guess a few kids on the grass is fine. Bermuda Grass is tough, it'll handle it.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

I haven't had a decent JC skipper at the MK in many moons ... I think they should all be sent to DL to see how it's supposed to be done ... or get John Lasseter in there to give tutorials!

• Banned User

Or I can come in and take over. Look, what's that? Oh no, it's Simba! And over there is a 1971 Impala. Ohhh, Zebra, the other white meat... tastes like chicken. And I know this how? Hmm. That's the first law of the junge for ya, don't be a zebra. And here's the second law of the jungle, run Forrest, run. Whoops, I mean Rhinos can run faster than a safari on foot. Ohhh, these guys didn't believe me I guess. Guess they'll get the point... in the end. Bottoms up guys. Oh look, it's my good friend Ohantas there on the bottom. Looks like the rhino's gonna poke Ohantas. Ha ha ha ha. Eh, you'll laugh later.

• Banned User

Had one lousy Jungle Cruise skipper. THis lady needed to be hanged for her complete lack of enthusiasm/giving a **** for what she was doing.
    the best JC skipper we had was named william. and he was hillarious. had me laughing so hard I was crying. that was last october. the worst we had was an older woman who just sort of ran through the spiel and like yours had no enthusiasm whatsoever. I think they need to staff Jungle cruise separately because you really need someone with personality to run that attraction.

• Banned User

Oh look, it's my good friend Ohantas there on the bottom. Looks like the rhino's gonna poke Ohantas. Ha ha ha ha. Eh, you'll laugh later.__________________
    ok bill we get the point!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Niyxstyx
    Did she fire her gun into the top of the boat? Heh, I think I had the same skipper a while back. I asked my roommate who worked with her what the deal was, and he said that she's just been there so long that everyone doesn't even bother to ask why she does things so crappy.
    No she didn't seem like a veteran...god help us if she was. WDW1974 is right about WDW's management then.

Not all the JC Skippers suck. We had one guy named Bill (whom my brother got a skipper like 3 times that week) and he was good.

Not /\ That Bill.

• Banned User

Oh, I know that skipper. He got most of his jokes from me. Wait, did I say from me? I meant from making fun of me.