Desperate for info: CP attendance policy

I hope someone will be able to help with this. I desperately need to know how the point system works for the College program participants. I am unclear about how long it takes the points to fall off after a person calls in, and how many points are accumulated per missed day. Specifically I need to know if when a person calls in for personal time for three days in a row, how many points will they recieve. My family girlfriend put in for her time off in January and they screwed her around telling her she would get the time so we booked the travel and hotel, and now they moved her to the wide world of sports center and shes' working double headers for the entire time I am supposed to be there. It is too late to refund the hotel or the plane tickets, so we are desperate to make things work out even if she has to call in. So please, if you have a good undestanding of the attendance policy for CP workers, reply and let me know.

Thanks a million!

• I was deleted.

Re: Desperate for info: CP attendance policy

Wow. It hasn't been that long but I must admit my roommates worked the system more than I did. She should be able to find information on the poral in regards to her report card and the attendence matrix. Also, if you're not going to be using her ID at ALL she could technically call-in sick for three days in a row for only one point. I know that isn't the right thing to do, but I'm just sharing it for you as an option. But this is something you and she would have to be very careful about all the same.

See if anyone is willing to pick up her shifts in exchange for future pick ups she can do when their family or friends visit. I did that. It helped. I'm not sure how far in advance it is, but have her see if she can post things to get others to help her out. If nothing else should could work half or part of her shift? I did that one day. A girl took half of my 8-hour shift because if she took more it'd be OT. Still better than nothing. She can also put in for ERs. My managers were very understanding with that with relatives in town to give as much as they could, even if it was just a couple of minutes or one hour less. Everything adds up. I hope that was some help to you. Have fun you guys!!

Thank you so much for the information. It helps alot, at least we know what to do if nothing else works and what the impact will be on her attendance! You are a rock star!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by kalelvis
    Thank you so much for the information. It helps alot, at least we know what to do if nothing else works and what the impact will be on her attendance! You are a rock star!
    Thanks. If you can find Stimpy (I forget the numbers) or possibly iluvstitch (but she might be busy) they might be able to help you more. Just have her as CPs that extended or others she works with if nothing else.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Actually I think she would end up with a reprimand. Each personal day = a point and 3 points= a reprimand. If she called out sick multiple days then that would only count as a single point (if they were all strung together). The best thing to do would probably be to talk to a manager or see if she can trade a shift..... I'm not sure what else to tell you. Wish I could offer more help.

Darien IL- a suburb 25 mins west of Chicago

forgot the numbers? ouch i'm crushed! jk hehe i didn't do much calling in myself but my room mates had it down to a science

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik
    Actually I think she would end up with a reprimand. Each personal day = a point and 3 points= a reprimand. If she called out sick multiple days then that would only count as a single point (if they were all strung together). The best thing to do would probably be to talk to a manager or see if she can trade a shift..... I'm not sure what else to tell you. Wish I could offer more help.
    Yes. You are quite smart.

And stimpy you're letting me down. I guess neither of us worked the system.

Thanks for all the info, you are all my heroes right now. I think we have it all worked out now as far as what will need to be done. Again, thanks a million.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by kalelvis
    Thanks for all the info, you are all my heroes right now. I think we have it all worked out now as far as what will need to be done. Again, thanks a million.
    No problem. Just let us know how it goes. And your visit too!!

i think it 3 points in 30 day period before a repermend and it was like 6 in 60 days, but i never work the system i never called off so. i also nocied it depended on your homeroom manger when you got repermends. it you call of 3 day in a row it one point if it a no show no call it 2 points and i don't know if you can call three personal days or not. on personal day you can go to the parks. i this help if wrong i sorry but i think it rigth

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejayx
    i think it 3 points in 30 day period before a repermend and it was like 6 in 60 days, but i never work the system i never called off so. i also nocied it depended on your homeroom manger when you got repermends. it you call of 3 day in a row it one point if it a no show no call it 2 points and i don't know if you can call three personal days or not. on personal day you can go to the parks. i this help if wrong i sorry but i think it rigth
    Yes, that's pretty much it. I wouldn't try to do more than 2 personal days if at all possible. Just be careful and weigh out all of your options and her options.

hi guys I've asked this in the college program thread but nobody seems to know...i know if you leave the program early you get non rehire status or whatever it's called, except under extreme circumstances. I'm wondering of they consider a death in your family to be a fair reason?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Remember the Magic
    hi guys I've asked this in the college program thread but nobody seems to know...i know if you leave the program early you get non rehire status or whatever it's called, except under extreme circumstances. I'm wondering of they consider a death in your family to be a fair reason?
    It really depends on the situation and the person. If you have an immediate family death they usually would allow you to leave for a few days for that. I'm not sure of the specifics as I'm sure it really depends on your work locations and scheduling, etc. If you have a feeling that someone might pass away within the year you are there RtM be sure to partner with your manager ASAP after you meet them. Discuss what you want from the CP, to learn, to grow, etc. and if you have any specific needs, wishes, desires and/or expectations. It will really help make your CP the best you can.