View Poll Results: Next Disney-MGM Studios Attraction To Be Built

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Tours 2

4 10.53%
  • Spiderman type ride - maybe based on Incredibles, Atlantis, Villains, H. Potter or Lord of the Rings

8 21.05%
  • Armageddon themed ride

2 5.26%
  • Journey To the Center of the Earth

5 13.16%
  • New show

0 0%
  • Indy themed hybrid experience - incorporating features from Anaheim, Tokyo and Paris

12 31.58%
  • Other

6 15.79%
  • Can't decide

1 2.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Next Disney-MGM Studios Attraction To Be Built

Please check the rumored attraction listed in the poll that most interests you for the Studios park. You may also list your comments and / or rank the rumors according to preference.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-08-2006 at 11:09 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Next Disney-MGM Studios Attraction To Be Built

Here are my choices (ranked from what I would like to see most, on down) -

1) New ride on the order of Universal's Spiderman - possibly themed to the Incredibles, Atlantis, Villains, Narnia, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings

2) Star Tours 2

3) Journey To the Center of the Earth

4) Armaggedon themed ride

5) Indy themed hybrid experience - incorporating features from Anaheim, Paris and Tokyo

6) new show
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-08-2006 at 09:47 AM.

I voted for a SpiderMan type ride, i would love to see one themed to villians, with Mickey has the hero of the story. I've only been to WDW once, when i was about 10, so i'm not too familiar with the park's layout, but a ride of this nature placed right next to where Fantasmic is shown i think would be perfect thematically speaking. In all likelihood, a new star tours will be the first to come, as it could be transplanted into numerous parks around the world at very little cost as well. I'm not really sure how well Journey fits into a studios park thematically. New indy would be cool, but it might be a while till we see anything come of that. All in all, I think Villians ride would be awsome, but as i said, star tours 2 is probably the best bet.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Banned User

Indy is coming... but so is Star Tours. Bah.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I still maintain that Dinosaur is a waste of a ride system that could be used to house the Indy attraction at MGM instead.

Which is not to say that Dinosaur is BAD, but it's so much less than Indy.

• Sock Puppet

I like Dinosaur. But I think I'm one of the few people that do. I'm not sure how it compares to Indy because the last time I went to Disneyland it was closed...

Anyhow, I think it's neat that the parks aren't carbon copies of each other. Do they really need to have all the same rides?

• Banned User

I'm really sorry, and I don't say this often, but your opinion is irrevelant because you've never ridden Indy in Disneyland. It's unlike any ride that exists, though the Revenge of the Mummy's Line Queue in Orlando reminds me a LOT of Indy. LOL. Indy is the ultimate dark ride. And then you have TDS' Indy, which, from what I've heard, actually improves upon Disneyland's version.

DINOSAUR is a fun ride... but it has been toned down to a point that is incredibly stupid. This happens every time you build a ride with the same layout and theme it differently. It never has the same feel that it should have. DINOSAUR doesn't have as much to see as Indy because the theme doesn't allow for it, and it doesn't allow for the special effects that the space was designed for. With DINOSAUR, WDI had to squish special effects into an already existing space. At Indy, the ride's track and layout already had the effects in mind, including the room that they would need to carry out these amazing effects. DINOSAUR needed different effects, and the room just wasn't there for them all. And DINOSAUR couldn't use Indy's effects, so replacements were used. It just doesn't cut it.

But you've never been on Indy, and that is why DINOSAUR seems so good to you. Sure, McDonald's is great if that's the only food you've had. But then you go to a Ruth's Chris and... wow. Look at what you've been missing. It's still beef, but it's soo much better if it's done right. Now, I do agree with you that we shouldn't have as many clones. But if you create new rides, at least spend the extra money to develop a new track that fits the effects you want to have. Not take a track and carve the effects around it. (Which is what happened at DINOSAUR)
    Last edited by captsmith84; 03-08-2006 at 01:39 AM.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Well, that Indy show is becoming a bit long in the tooth, only people like me who are late in visiting WDW for the first time are interested in it. It won't have much youth appeal because the whole Indy movie series has laid dormant for so many years now. Indy at DL is the kind of thing that can carry on the license long after the movies have quit. It has combined a lot of the innovations WDI has come up with in the past 20 years seemlessly into the ride and is quite an experience. There is so much to see that it makes Dinosaur look like a bunch of low-budget jump scenes in the dark by comparison.

I guess they could have both, but it would drive the price up and I'm trying to think as realistically as Disney does. Those ride vehicles are not a simple boat ride in terms of costs.

• Banned User

Well, it may cost a lot to turn the Indy show into the Indy ride, but it is less than coming up with a brand new, un-tested ride. Indy still has a big following. A fourth movie is coming soon according to the big wigs. And the ride is already a proven hit at Tokyo and Anaheim. I think it's a no-brainer to bring it to WDW at the studios. It's definately what that park needs. Though I'd kill for a whole Indy themed land. lol Tokyo DisneySea ALMOST had it. Bah. Sooo close.

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

I've posted elsewhere that I would love for them to expand Disney/MGM and create an expanded Lucasfilm area. This would include a new Indy ride, a refurbished Star Tours, and possibly another Star Wars related attraction. They could also re-vamp "Sounds Dangerous" into an new ILM/Skywalker Sound showcase that focuses on both visual effects and sounds effects.

I voted for a new Indy ride because it kills me that I haven't ridden it yet and I'm more likely to get back to WDW before going to DLR.

I also think they should develop an attraction based on Narnia and put that in Disney-MGM. It's way more likely that you'll see Narnia before you see Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings since those two film properties are owned by TimeWarner and Narnia is now a direct competitor.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• Iron-Clad Allie

Indy and Star Wars 2 are each a givin. When this occurs, there will be no other Studios attractions that are creations of an outside second party such as Lucas. There are ramblings concerning area expansion, and I think the emense nature of Indy would make it likely to be a part of that.

There is also a good buzz going about the possibility of DL bringing a new attraction to the Tomorowland PM track - that might be themed to Star Wars. We're talking about rumored racing cycles, pod racers, or something along those lines. Should this occur, how cool it would be if the Studios inherited one. Then, WDW would have two PM related attractions. At that point, would consider Disney-MGM as the grounds of a mini Lucas land. Get you motor revvin'!

Changing the subject - Although the point is moot as to where a Narnia attraction would best fit, I would be ecstatic if Disney buids one, regardless of which WDW park the Company chooses.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-08-2006 at 05:47 PM.

• I was deleted.

How about what attraction is rumored to LEAVE next? I think we might be more accurate that way.

• Inappropriate

Bill, i like Dinosaur better than Indy. I've been on both. Just wanted to point that out

Anyway, I voted Armageddon. Cool movie with lots of potential for a ride. (Ride. Not show.) It would be original and...yeah. It'd just be cool.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    Bill, i like Dinosaur better than Indy. I've been on both. Just wanted to point that out

Anyway, I voted Armageddon. Cool movie with lots of potential for a ride. (Ride. Not show.) It would be original and...yeah. It'd just be cool.
    An Armageddon ride would be way cool...and different to boot. Sounds Dangerous is currently rumored to be replaced by a ride. Perhaps the newly rumored Armegeddon ride will take its place. I hope the awesome movie sound track score would be spliced into the attraction, along with Def Leppard's jammin' Armageddon It. Zowee!

• Banned User

Star Tours 2. Star Wars is so popular and a new destination/upgrade would do wonders and really pack the crowds in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast