Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: The Long-Awaited Danyoung Trip Report

Nice report Dan. I loved how you went inside WoL. For the voices of Liberty, are you talking about the lady on the left in this picture?

Anywho, sounded like you had fun (maybe too much fun ).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Nope, she's not part of that group (although the lady in your pic is also a very good singer). This lady is . . . how should I say it . . . large. She's both tall and wide, but that's all covered up by the dickensian dress that they wear. She looks like what you'd think an opera singer should look like - very pretty with a sweet smile. And once you hear her you'll never forget her! I'd love to know her name, if anyone knows . . .

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    Hope your trip is most beneficial, my friend!
    I'm sure it shall be. Too bad the weather looks like it's going to be really nasty here this weekend ... talking rain, snow (as low as 3,000 feet), hail, wind and coldest temps of the year.

But I'll survive. And I'll try and get Iger a copy of your trip report too!
    I was also thinking about starting a ''Mr. Iger Tear Down That Hat (and Wand)'' chant at the meeting in the a.m.

I LOVED your report Danny ... though I can't believe you made it down at last minute and didn't ride Everest (as my grandfather would say ''Boo, Hiss.'')

And that lost night at Epcot ... I was truly LMAO. Great stuff ... since you didn't wind up dead. I'm thinking what must have happened is Kryssa met you, slipped something in your drink, took you back to CSR for some magical memory making, but you slept through it all -- being such an old fogey -- and she just decided ''screw this, I'm heading to the Waffle House.''

How was Bistro? I haven't dined there since it reopened a few years ago, and have been thinking it's time to go back.

Did you spend any time playing at McPooPooPlayground?

I can't believe you went inside WoL like that ... and Timekeeper. You have earned my respect -- well, you already had that -- so you earned my admiration.

It sounds like you had a great time ... sometimes those last-minute trips wind up being the best. That's why I recently decided to head to WDW later this month for a few days. Wasn't planned but I got an AP rate and four straight days off ...

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    ...though I can't believe you made it down at last minute and didn't ride Everest...
    It wasn't that I didn't ride - I didn't GET to ride! No choice, unfortunately.

I'm thinking what must have happened is Kryssa met you....
    There isn't enough alcohol on the planet to make me forget Kryssa!!!

How was Bistro? I haven't dined there since it reopened a few years ago, and have been thinking it's time to go back.
    Really very good - much better than my last trip to Chefs de France a couple months ago! But there was no music playing at all, so the atmosphere was almost like a library. They could liven it up just a touch.

Did you spend any time playing at McPooPooPlayground?
    I took a peek at it - meh.

I can't believe you went inside WoL like that ... and Timekeeper. You have earned my respect -- well, you already had that -- so you earned my admiration.
    One of these days I'm gonna get busted HARD. But in the meantime, I just act as if I have every right to be there. And so far no one's caught on!

^^Well, ultimately, it's Disney's job to secure its facilities. If it leaves a huge place like that open, people will go in.

If you ever get caught, just go with the obvious: ''I'm from Texas and was just looking for the outhouse.'' ...It'll work, trust me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12