Seasonal/Soft Opening Statuses

I am going to Walt Disney World on the 20th of this month, and I am hoping that the Carousel of Progress will be open. Does anyone know if it currently is? I know it's seasonal, but is it in the "on season" right now?

Also, I've heard rumors of Universe of Energy going seasonal. Has it officially switched to seasonal operation yet? If so, is it currently open? Or are all of these seasonal rumors just... well, rumors?

Finally, with all the rumors flying over all of the Disney forums, it's hard to tell if Expedition Everest is currently running. I know that it is still in the soft opening phase, but I've read rumors that it is done testing and will NOT be open to guests again until the grand opening in April. Can anyone shed any light on this or my other questions? It's bad enough that Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed down, I just hope some of these others are up...

Thanks,
    TheBullseye
    Finally, a place to come out of the Disney closet.

Re: Seasonal/Soft Opening Statuses

CoP will be open. Everest should be open, but could close from time to time as it is in soft openings. And UoE is still a regular attraction as far as I know. UoE isn't going seasonal.

• Banned User

CoP is NOT SEASONAL. I don't know why this keeps coming up. Maybe some idiot posted on the Disney World Website that it is seasonal, but I can assure you that CoP is open everyday from open till close. It is def. NOT SEASONAL. There are no plans that I know of to make Universe of Energy seasonal. And Everest is open as a general soft-opening. Meaning, it's open everyday from park open till park close, but sometimes it is closed if they upgrade things on it. (Since opening, it's closed a few times to upgrade the restraints, replace the numbers for the rows, install the cameras for the On-ride photos, and work on fixing the fog and steam effects. I know a closure will happen sometime this month to install the snow effects that still aren't running. They also want to figure out why the steam machine keeps breaking.

I want snow! I want snow! I want snow!

SNOW, SNOW, SNOW ....

• Banned User

Not real snow. Snow "Effects" lol

We were just at WDW last month and both EE and COP were both open. The guy where we picked up the strollers at AK said that EE was open but they just werent advertising it as being so.
    Keep the magic of the child inside your heart alive every day.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    CoP is NOT SEASONAL. I don't know why this keeps coming up. Maybe some idiot posted on the Disney World Website that it is seasonal,
    Because under Pressler it went to seasonal along with Timekeeper. When Alien closed both opened up (why do I tell you this you know it) and yatta yatta once Stitch opened Timekeeper went to Seasonal and CoP stayed open...but it never got the "CoP is regular!" kind of press that it did when it went seasonal...people just still associate it with seasonal rides.

Screw the snow effects if I want snow I'll stay home during the winter. I enjoy Everest as it is thank you. Lack of snow doesn't ruin it for me.

• Self Congratulative

Interesting, on the tram ride for AK, they guide was required to say Expedition Everest "will open in April" and everyone on board let out a big sigh. It's been open every day that I've been there though.

I wonder why the say it's not open, as if we don't have eyes and ears, and can't see or hear that it's open.
    Keep the magic of the child inside your heart alive every day.

They say the ride is not open because technically it is not open until April. Before the April opening, although the ride may be open it is in soft opening, it can and does close down frequently.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    CoP is NOT SEASONAL. I don't know why this keeps coming up. Maybe some idiot posted on the Disney World Website that it is seasonal, but I can assure you that CoP is open everyday from open till close. It is def. NOT SEASONAL.
    MousePlanet's weekly updates keep saying it is. That and the giant "SAVE TEH CORASEL!!!!!!!11" internet (bowel) movement keeps people thinking it's on the verge of closing.