Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.
    Posts
    519

    Best Book About WDW?

    What is the best book on WDW?

    Since The World Began? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...lance&n=283155

    Is it comparable to Disneyland The Inside Story?

    (I have the big version of Epcot Center: Creating the New World of Tomorrow. Great book.)

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Best Book About WDW?

    Since the World Began, in my opinion, is one of the best books on the Walt Disney World story that I have seen/read. However, since it came out for WDW's 25th anniversary in 1996, it is a little outdated, especially since the chapter on the Animal Kingdom was written prior to the park even being open. Still, a worthwhile read though
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  3. #3

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: Best Book About WDW?

    I personally like WDW "The First 10 Years" for Magic Kingdom and classic resort history. The later additions with EPCOT and MGM are okay too...but each one stays about the same length with more content so each thing gets less press time... .
    For the Animal Kingdom nothing beats "The Making of Disney's Animal Kingdom"...no multipark book covers nearly what that one does.

  4. #4

    • ...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    966

    Re: Best Book About WDW?

    The book sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out sometime.

    It's certainly a lot cheaper than Disneyland - Inside Story. I always wonder if Randy Bright were still alive, would he have upated it in the 90s to include Indy, Toontown and other additions. It is a beatiful book to look at, a wonderful coffee table size, and has numerous fascinating stories.



    Quote Originally Posted by America Stings
    What is the best book on WDW?

    Since The World Began? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...lance&n=283155

    Is it comparable to Disneyland The Inside Story?

    (I have the big version of Epcot Center: Creating the New World of Tomorrow. Great book.)






  5. #5

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: Best Book About WDW?

    I have the big version of Epcot Center: Creating the New World of Tomorrow. Great book.)
    That's a good one too!

    Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    if Randy Bright were still alive, would he have upated it in the 90s to include Indy, Toontown and other additions.
    Dammit Marty Sklar is still alive, why isn't he writing Disneyland History books anymore?

  6. #6

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Best Book About WDW?

    Best book about WDW? ... The one I haven't written ...yet.

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Retired from MC
    Posts
    2,072

    Re: Best Book About WDW?

    Of course, I'm WDW1974's co-author on that book. Isn't that right WDW1974?

  8. #8

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Best Book About WDW?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Of course, I'm WDW1974's co-author on that book. Isn't that right WDW1974?
    You never know ... but your name would have to be much smaller than mine. (SMILEY)

    I NEVER said I didn't have a really big ... ... ... ego!

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Retired from MC
    Posts
    2,072

    Re: Best Book About WDW?

    Wow, so you and Mike actually have something in common! WOW. lol

  10. #10

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Best Book About WDW?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Wow, so you and Mike actually have something in common! WOW. lol
    Yep ... but I have two things he lacks -- experience and perspective.

    But he's been awful quiet lately. I hope he isn't spending his time doing stuff like studying ... or dating ... or worse, playing video games.

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Retired from MC
    Posts
    2,072

    Re: Best Book About WDW?

    How do you know I didn't mean the other Mike? You know, the guy who used to host the Wonderful World of Disney?

  12. #12

    • I was deleted.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,187
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    You never know ... but your name would have to be much smaller than mine. (SMILEY)

    I NEVER said I didn't have a really big ... ... ... ego!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Wow, so you and Mike actually have something in common! WOW. lol



    What geeks we are.


    Oooh.. and happy reading!

  13. #13

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Best Book About WDW?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    How do you know I didn't mean the other Mike? You know, the guy who used to host the Wonderful World of Disney?
    Good point. But our Mike has more charm!

    Interesting aside ... at today's meeting Q&A some guy asked Iger for a Hall of Fame for people who have had long associations and given so much to TWDC ... it seemed like a positive question (that he didn't know about the Disney Legends program) when the guy started listing people who should be in it and then took an ugly shot at Eisner.

    What I found telling was Iger answered the question, but didn't acknowledge theEisner portion at all. I would have thought he'd defend his old boss, but he said nothing at all. You wonder if despite getting the CEO and Pres jobs, Iger is still fuming about his treatment by ME. Just something to think about.

  14. #14

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: Best Book About WDW?

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    What I found telling was Iger answered the question, but didn't acknowledge theEisner portion at all. I would have thought he'd defend his old boss, but he said nothing at all. You wonder if despite getting the CEO and Pres jobs, Iger is still fuming about his treatment by ME. Just something to think about.
    Or is the classier position to just not acknowledge stupid jabs...of which there is a time and a place for...not at the annual meeting.

  15. #15

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Best Book About WDW?

    ^^Good point and a possible explanation. ... But I still would have said something in defense of Eisner. Disney wouldn't be what it is today without him ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for a book to buy....
    By MellyMouse in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 11:46 AM
  2. 10/10: A Look in the Book
    By Al Lutz in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 09:42 AM
  3. to book a package or to not book a AAA pkg
    By Leofoenget in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 06:52 AM
  4. TDR Book...
    By Saddlesore Swanson in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 05:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •